Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, hayden_horn said:

you think?

i think she's going to have a real hard time doing so in this format, if she is even inclined to do so.

I agree. I think they are trying to keep it between the ditches since they have already decided to confirm Kavanaugh. 

Why don't they just let the lawyer do it? Fuck these senators. 

Just now, Dolemite said:

I agree. I think they are trying to keep it between the ditches since they have already decided to confirm Kavanaugh. 

Why would the Democrats let the Republicans' lawyer do the whole hearing?

3 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

I'll elaborate since apparently I upset Dolemite with my dismissive comment to the point he had to negrep me.

In a deposition, a good lawyer will attempt to pin down the witness to a specific set of facts.  Giving her the opportunity to "edit" her letter under oath now puts that letter with any revisions as her sworn testimony.  Of course the lawyer can always go back and point out that she "changed her story" with those edits, and that may or may not impact the witness's perceived credibility.

Did I hurt  your feelings? Congrats, you are the only neg I have ever given out. 

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

She wasn't the object of the laughter, Mr. Leahy. She was the object. The boys were laughing with each other while they treated her like a plaything. 

her answer there was brutal. "a couple of friends really having a good time together"

this prosecutor has her work cut out for her, especially with this format.

2 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

The democrats are doing the job they were elected to do.  The republicans are shirking their responsibilities because they know that they will look like the assholes that they are if they question her themselves.  12 lawyers, and not one of them has the courage to deal with this witness.

• Like 1

Just now, Fozzz said:

That statement is hyperbole, but a majority of Republicans do support confirming Brett even if Ford's allegations are true.  

And a larger majority think she's a lying librul slut.  Of course they'll confirm him or lose their republican voters.  This is what the republican party is now.

4 minutes ago, Woodrow Call said:

This prosecutor reminds me of my 6th grade math teacher. I always suspected there was some deep evil lurking inside of her, especially after she paddled me after class. 

I realize this is a borderline misogynistic comment, but one look at the anchors on Fox News make it clear that Republicans care about the appearance of the women who appear on TV.  Very strange strategy to pick a prosecutor who is far less telegenic than Dr. Blasey Ford.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

these don't matter if you're going to lose the fucking election. 

the prosecutor now sussing out the details.

It does for the senators who aren't up this cycle.

But beyond that, Republican leadership has determined that getting Kavanaugh on the court is worth losing control of the Senate.

Realize that a common feature of PTSD is that there is often lack of recall of significant detail surrounding the traumatic event.  I'd be incredulous if she attempted to provide a detailed response to everything with out some contradiction or doubt.  Her response to questions so far appears consistent with someone being honest about what they recall about what happened re a traumatic event.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

oh, i'm aware of the political seppukku the republicans are currently embarking upon. 

i'm still somewhat astounded.

Who do you think their voters are? Look at the poll posted in this thread. The strong majority of Republican voters want Kavanaugh confirmed EVEN IF THEY BELIEVE THE ALLEGATIONS AGAINST HIM.

It is political suicide for these GOP reps to vote against Kavanaugh. It's what their base wants.

You need to wake the fuck up from your dream that the GOP base has a soul. It doesn't. These are sub human wastes.

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

some ace examination here.  you said they were talking, but you couldn't hear them talk.  SO YOU ADMIT THEY COULD ALL JUST BE STANDING SILENTLY STARING AT EACH OTHER! mic drop.

yeah, that was a weird detail upon which to focus. 

especially in this weird 5 minute chunk format. 

dick durbin now filibustering. how about ask a question, you fucking idiot. i understand that you want to make a political statement, or give the witness a break, but have her, i dunno, testify, you mook

oh, i'm aware of the political seppukku the republicans are currently embarking upon. 

i'm still somewhat astounded.

I can't watch this from work so I could be missing something.  But all along I've thought they wanted this visual.  A bunch of old white men putting women in their place.   How dare someone female speak up about their golden boy.  Boys will be boys and this is all locker room talk.  And we'll get some libtard tears from a California, female professor and put that bitch in her place.  

That's all I hear when the GOP talks about this, and that is by the GOP's design.

dick durbin now filibustering. how about ask a question, you fucking idiot. i understand that you want to make a political statement, or give the witness a break, but have her, i dunno, testify, you mook

He set up the kill shot.

He asked a good question when the answer is

“100%”

Brett Kavanaugh did it.

9 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Its political suicide if they don't confirm him.

10 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

they certainly cannot confirm him after this. 

it's political suicide.

I feel like both are true...  Welcome to Costco, I love you

• Like 3
  • Haha 2