Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Raises hand.

i love beer.  Never blacked out.  

Also, he is going to have to take a break to go piss in a minute. Dude is drinking like a  horse.

So you really like beer but never made the transition to liquor?  Or are you telling me you did, but never blacked out?  I mean, I honestly was pretty sure you're full of shit, but this about seals it. 

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

That’s a horrendous take from Chris Hayes

no, it isn't, if you're objective. It is in the realm of possibility that he did it, but was so drunk he doesn't remember it. i have had to inform some really good friends and even past lovers about shit they did when they were drunk. nothing you would get arrested for, but definitely shit they wouldn't do if they were in their right mind.

now, it's still not an excuse and would be a cop-out, but it's possible

17 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Wait, is that a white people thing?  You take out old calendars at Christmas time and sit around talking about stories from those old calendars? 

WTF?

Lol no.

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I used to get hammered in high school while on the baseball team. Which is partly why I didn’t play baseball my jr. and sr, years. 

I drank three Dos Equis before a game when I was 15 and cranked a hanging curve out of the yard. Babe Ruth, muthafucka. 

remember when he went on fox this week and said he didn't drink?
i remember.
I would think this will have to be a point revisited by one of the Democrats who questions him.

"You said in a nationally televised interview earlier this week that you didn't drink much in school because you were too focused on school and church. Today under penalty of perjury and while under oath you have said you drank frequently in school. I don't want to assume that you're committing perjury today, so my question is why do you think the American people should entrust a position on the highest court in the nation to someone who lied directly to them?"

37 minutes ago, sachick said:

He really shouldn't say he wasn't at the party she described. How can he know that when it hasn't been established exactly when that party was. And can he possibly remember every party of gathering he's went to while in HS.

he has his calendars.  you been under a rock or sumthin?

I'm a Republican.  I see this whole situation between Kavanaugh and Ford having played out in one of 4 different ways:

1.  What actually happened is somewhere in between what ford clames and what Kavanaugh claims.

2. Ford is right and Kavanaugh is guilty as fuck.

3. Kavanaugh is right and Ford is lying.

4. Both were too drunk to actually know what happened that night.

3 of those situations are unacceptable for a Supreme Court Justice.  You can't confirm this guy on a 25% chance that he is not an attempted rapist.