Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Tailleur17

6 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Philosophical question for you, sir:

If you were to invite me over to your next dumpling event, would I be frowned upon for eating the entire lot?

Keep in mind that, if I did so, that'd just mean more quality time for your daughter and her Grams since they'd undoubtedly have to whip up another batch.

I'll hang up and listen.

I volunteer to assist and then drive your overindulged self home.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Philosophical question for you, sir:

If you were to invite me over to your next dumpling event, would I be frowned upon for eating the entire lot?

Keep in mind that, if I did so, that'd just mean more quality time for your daughter and her Grams since they'd undoubtedly have to whip up another batch.

I'll hang up and listen.

You pay for the materials and labor and the answer is Maybe.

My mom is here for 2.5 months and other than cooking for us, and spending time with my daughter (and to a lesser extent, my son), she's bored out of her skull.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

*Custodial Engineer. 

F that.  Not everyone should have an "engineer" in their occupation, looking at you "sanitation engineers", you collect the trash. You are a trash collector.

Let's reserve the word for people who actually went to school for an engineering degree.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Superhero said:

F that.  Not everyone should have an "engineer" in their occupation, looking at you "sanitation engineers", you collect the trash. You are a trash collector.

Let's reserve the word for people who actually went to school for an engineering degree.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/23/2024 at 9:38 PM, Rusty Shackleford said:

Funny thing about that song is Paul Westerberg’s sister was a flight attendant and used to bitch to him about what jackasses the passengers were and the shit they would give her, so he wrote a song mocking those people. She literally was “a Reunion (long-defunct airline) flight attendant, my-oh-my”…

• Hook 'Em 1

My 12 YO tower computer (yeah right?) under my desk was getting really shitty speeds over wifi despite the router being <10' away. Speed Test showed 15-20 MBPS.

Luckily I had an extra mesh router (eero) with an ethernet connection. Set it up and my speed went up 10x. Now I get to read the nonsense on Surly without having to wait an extra few seconds for the pages to load.

2 minutes ago, Superhero said:

My 12 YO tower computer (yeah right?) under my desk was getting really shitty speeds over wifi despite the router being <10' away. Speed Test showed 15-20 MBPS.

Luckily I had an extra mesh router (eero) with an ethernet connection. Set it up and my speed went up 10x. Now I get to read the nonsense on Surly without having to wait an extra few seconds for the pages to load.

Not to mention the NSFW gifs thread loading times, amirite?

I have a Bosch 18V drill-driver with chunky ass 3Ah batteries and its nice, up until I realized the clunkiness of its weight and size was overkill for small duties around the house.

Then I found this set for what seems like a goddamn steal.  Having all the adapters like the right-angle or offset is a nice bonus... we bought a bunch of furniture shit for the backyard and it was so pleasant using this to put it together

91AeDZbf-rL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/13/2024 at 3:46 AM, Victor Lazlo said:

With our kids and grandkids at a beach house in Florida last week, daughter (no pics) had given the 3 year old grandson a bath, asked him if he wanted to come down and watch a movie with “John” - his cousin.

Grandson said “No - Papaw”. He wanted to come sit with me to watch the movie.

I hope each and every one of you get to, sometime in your life, experience something trivial that pleases the ever loving shit out of you like that did me.

Excuse me sir, I have to object. This is the trivial things thread, and that is not trivial. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I have a Kershaw Cinder that I carry as a EDC knife. It’s small, just a 1.4” blade. So small that I regularly lose them.

Well, I found one this morning in a suit that I haven’t worn in several years. Great way to start a day. 

• Like 3

On 8/13/2024 at 7:21 PM, luke duke said:

Two things about this:

1) 10mm sockets are the tits

2) you can't have too many sockets

oh, and there are times when a 10mm socket won't do, and you need an open end wrench or a box wrench.

no, an adjustable ("crescent") wrench won't do.

except in an emergency.

like installing a drink holder in your shower.

Driving home for lunch and I notice the Valero not far from my office must be having some sort of stroke level malfunction on its gas prices.   I zip over 2 lanes to turn in there and check it out.  

pulled up to the pump, put the card and pin in, and was highly gruntled that I was able to beat the man today.   

not to mention, I used the upside app and got a $.02 cash back offer, so those fuckers got to pay me for filling up the truck.  

IMG_7799.jpeg

IMG_7800.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Driving home for lunch and I notice the Valero not far from my office must be having some sort of stroke level malfunction on its gas prices.   I zip over 2 lanes to turn in there and check it out.  

pulled up to the pump, put the card and pin in, and was highly gruntled that I was able to beat the man today.   

not to mention, I used the upside app and got a $.02 cash back offer, so those fuckers got to pay me for filling up the truck.  

IMG_7799.jpeg

IMG_7800.jpeg

Some poor schmuck at Valero is getting fired this afternoon.

12 minutes ago, nnm said:

Some poor schmuck at Valero is getting fired this afternoon.

At least I basically just filled up.   The landscape crew that had taken up the 2 pumps on either side of me filled up 2 trucks, God knows how many gas cans, and at least 6 ZTR mowers.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

At least I basically just filled up.   The landscape crew that had taken up the 2 pumps on either side of me filled up 2 trucks, God knows how many gas cans, and at least 6 ZTR mowers.  

When opportunity knocks, you have to least open the door.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

IMG_7799.jpeg

IMG_7800.jpeg

Surprise! 

Your gas tank is now full of cat piss. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Superhero said:

The super moon this evening did not disappoint!

It was spectacular. Took the windog out last night for our nightly ritual where she is supposed to go potty before bed but never does, while I invariably pee off the back deck. The moon was rising through a break in the trees, behind a thin layer of clouds. Absolutely beautiful. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Big Oil hates this one Little Trick !!!!

Big Oil doesn't care.  They got theirs when they sold to the independent Valero franchisee. 

That franchisee lost his shirt that day, and is probably running a marginal business anyway.  He may have claims against the software provider, but my guess is that it was some boneheaded mistake by an employee at that Valero station.  Maybe that's covered by his insurance, but probably not.  

IMG_7799.thumb.jpeg.eca9bce983e4b25a7adbc5ab1a19f4e9.jpeg
IMG_7800.thumb.jpeg.9b245d58e4157acc0153ef7dcf8e7d6f.jpeg

Pos rep for being another Upside user.

2 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Pos rep for being another Upside user.

I like using it because it’s so no hassle.  I mean, it’s not a ton of money, but it basically fronts my fantasy football leagues for hitting a button.  

I like using it because it’s so no hassle.  I mean, it’s not a ton of money, but it basically fronts my fantasy football leagues for hitting a button.  

Love’s has .10 off when using their app so I double dip with Upside.
Upside is smart about it so they reduce their offer but it’s still a pretty decent savings.

25 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Love’s has .10 off when using their app so I double dip with Upside.
Upside is smart about it so they reduce their offer but it’s still a pretty decent savings.

I usually use my cash back card to pay for it as well, so I still get most of the offer most of the time.  I use it when we have to take the kids to Hat Creek Burgers as well, usually get like 13-15% cash back there.  Never a bad thing getting $4 or $5 back from a meal that you were already gonna spend.  

• Like 1

Got ready to leave the house this morning and couldn't find my wallet. So I sat in my

image.thumb.jpeg.0d2e57573ec5b6e99196625f403dd847.jpeg

and retraced my steps.  The last time I could remember having it was when I went to the dog park yesterday evening.  I drove to the dog park and walked around, and my wallet was lying on the ground with all its contents intact.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Got ready to leave the house this morning and couldn't find my wallet. So I sat in my

image.thumb.jpeg.0d2e57573ec5b6e99196625f403dd847.jpeg

and retraced my steps.  The last time I could remember having it was when I went to the dog park yesterday evening.  I drove to the dog park and walked around, and my wallet was lying on the ground with all its contents intact.

But was it damp?