Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Tailleur17

37 minutes ago, Superhero said:

So in addition to ju jitsu, my boy has been bitten by the chess bug. Once he’s hit his daily limit on Roblox, he’s on to YouTube watching chess videos or on chess.com playing other people.

I’ve been playing with him for about a year and he’s been getting better and better to the point that he’s winning at least 2/3 of the time.

(And yeah I suck). 

My daughter got into chess for a while. I taught her using No Stress Chess. She quickly got tired of playing with me because every time I drew a pawn card, I would say "Mongo pawn in game of life." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

My daughter got into chess for a while. I taught her using No Stress Chess. She quickly got tired of playing with me because every time I drew a pawn card, I would say "Mongo pawn in game of life." 

Was she upset because you kept getting the quote wrong?   #teamdaughter

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

When everyone in the band / worship team / whatever is hitting their groove and the feeling of pure joy that is  impossible to replicate. It’s up there with the first nervous kiss with my wife, holding my kids for the first time after they were born. It’s just truly magical. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Superhero said:

When everyone in the band / worship team / whatever is hitting their groove and the feeling of pure joy that is  impossible to replicate. It’s up there with the first nervous kiss with my wife, holding my kids for the first time after they were born. It’s just truly magical. 

Praise bands and worship teams.😬😬

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Just cracked open a can of soda and it was perfection. Super fast opening, loud and satisfying crack, perfect hiss. 

Dude, you are the real life embodiment of Alec Baldwin's character on Friends.  I guess that is better than Alec Baldwin in Rust...

I ran into my son’s Jiu Jitsu coach today. He probably has 50+ kids in the studio, and even though I’ve only spoken to him once, he knew who I was.

I asked how come my kid is sometimes in the back corner with the advanced belt kids instead of with the other white belts. The coach said for a kid being 3 months in the program, he’s doing well and wants him to learn more advanced techniques instead of just the white felt stuff.

Totally impressed that the coaches are paying attention to the development of each kid instead of just lumping them with other kids with the same amount of time in the program. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I love Micro Center, which IMO is the best computer store hands down. Walk in, and it's complete geek central complete with acne, greasy hair and Mountain Dew. During covid, they had tons of monitors when they were in short supply everywhere else.

Recently, I had been actively looking for a computer to replace the current rig. Micro Center sent out a sales email, selling a Lenovo Legion game rig for sale for $800 so I snagged it. The same rig with the equivalent GPU (RTX 4060 vs Radeon 7600) is $1,330 on the Lenovo site.

2 hours ago, Superhero said:

I love Micro Center, which IMO is the best computer store hands down. Walk in, and it's complete geek central complete with acne, greasy hair and Mountain Dew. During covid, they had tons of monitors when they were in short supply everywhere else.

Recently, I had been actively looking for a computer to replace the current rig. Micro Center sent out a sales email, selling a Lenovo Legion game rig for sale for $800 so I snagged it. The same rig with the equivalent GPU (RTX 4060 vs Radeon 7600) is $1,330 on the Lenovo site.

In one thread you’re touting your math skills, and in this one you’re flexing your computer geek skills and bragging about your progeny’s martial art prowess. As @52-80 said, we’re not into stereotyping around these parts, but ….

Edited by nnm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Superhero said:

I ran into my son’s Jiu Jitsu coach today. He probably has 50+ kids in the studio, and even though I’ve only spoken to him once, he knew who I was.

I asked how come my kid is sometimes in the back corner with the advanced belt kids instead of with the other white belts. The coach said for a kid being 3 months in the program, he’s doing well and wants him to learn more advanced techniques instead of just the white felt stuff.

Totally impressed that the coaches are paying attention to the development of each kid instead of just lumping them with other kids with the same amount of time in the program. 

I'm totally impressed the coach came up with that bullshit on the spot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, nnm said:

In one thread you’re touting your math skills, and in this one you’re flexing your computer geek skills and bragging about your progeny’s martial art prowess. As @52-80 said, we’re not into stereotyping around these parts, but ….

Shoot, if we're stereotyping, did I also mention I'm teaching my son exponents? He's figured out 2 ^ 11 but still struggles to tie his shoe laces.

Oh, I don't have computer geek skills. I'm just good at looking at advertisement emails.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Superhero said:

Shoot, if we're stereotyping, did I also mention I'm teaching my son exponents? He's figured out 2 ^ 11 but still struggles to tie his shoe laces.

Oh, I don't have computer geek skills. I'm just good at looking at advertisement emails.

And now you're leading the Inclusion and Diversity events this month?!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

And now you're leading the Inclusion and Diversity events this month?!

Hahaha. I’m a man of many talents and responsibilities. I also have good jizz that created amazing kids.

Wait ‘til you see what my kid said about the upcoming sports event!

On 10/1/2024 at 1:20 AM, Superhero said:

Agreed... And when you can time the edible to kick in during the second song and it lasts through the sermon and all the way to the benediction... Perfection 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

On 10/8/2024 at 1:00 PM, Trey3216 said:

Gonna post some pics of my 2 daughters’ first fishing outing.   Nothing cooler than the eyes of a child so thrilled about one of the oldest human traditions out there….

Pappy bought them fishing poles for their birthdays, and I’ll be damned if we didn’t land a few decent bass on that Paw Patrol rod/reel    lol 

IMG_4362.jpeg

IMG_4367.jpeg

IMG_9605.jpeg

IMG_9585.jpeg

IMG_1052.jpeg

IMG_1057.jpeg

My youngest son loves bass fishing more than anything on this earth. That's awesome bro, that area is beautiful too. Nice pond! what part of Texas is that? 

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

My youngest son loves bass fishing more than anything on this earth. That's awesome bro, that area is beautiful too. Nice pond! what part of Texas is that? 

Just outside of Dawson (Navarro County).   

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Are there any mens shirts for men on that site? 

Are you a big fat person? Because those shirts are not for big fat people.

23 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

Sharp-looking shirts but I couldn’t find any with a front pocket. 

You can customize your shirts. Add a pocket, maybe even a pocket protector sewed into said front pocket.

If you pay enough, they may even embroider some tiger strips so you can, you know, live up to your screen name.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

We are having our annual business planning meeting at the very nice Terranea resort which starts Monday.

Decided to bring the family out yesterday to spend the weekend. We got to get the room at our corporate rate, which is 1/2 of regular rate, and so far the staff has been kinda whatever about charging us for meals, drinks and other stuff.

I feel poor though. Sitting at the pool people watching, you can see money oozing from people’s pores. Still though, nice to pretend for the weekend. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2024 at 3:19 PM, Superhero said:

We are having our annual business planning meeting at the very nice Terranea resort which starts Monday.

Decided to bring the family out yesterday to spend the weekend. We got to get the room at our corporate rate, which is 1/2 of regular rate, and so far the staff has been kinda whatever about charging us for meals, drinks and other stuff.

I feel poor though. Sitting at the pool people watching, you can see money oozing from people’s pores. Still though, nice to pretend for the weekend. 

Those rich fuckers don’t have us, and you do. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/20/2024 at 3:19 PM, Superhero said:

Piss in the pool. Or this one.

image.jpeg.190ed057515b00aa67e643ab353363b4.jpeg

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

WTF is an engagement party and why am I expected to bring a gift? And wtf is an appropriate gift? She is marrying my kid. He makes more money and pays the rent. That should be enough. Oh, and I did not kill him when he was a dumbass as a younger kid. Always was a dumbass. Just getting better.

Vintage lawn darts are the traditional gift in this situation. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

WTF is an engagement party and why am I expected to bring a gift? And wtf is an appropriate gift? She is marrying my kid. He makes more money and pays the rent. That should be enough. Oh, and I did not kill him when he was a dumbass as a younger kid. Always was a dumbass. Just getting better.

image.jpeg.a279eb330261e2401c724d5ff2a7b3ee.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2