Bride Tries to Charge 1500 a Head to Attend Her Wedding

G650

6 minutes ago, JBJ said:

They had about $40,000 to raise from guests after the parents and MoH contributed.  

At $1500 per that's less than 30 guests.

$60,000 for a wedding of 35-40 people. How is that even possible?

Well they certainly didn't hire your mom for entertainment or it could have been done for under $10.

54 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

not to be outdone...

if these two bitches get married, i give it 2 years before they divorce.  how fucking blind are the idiot dudes to not see that their lives are going to be fucking miserable.

LJRfxH5IeaCgTUuPoTBklXwO0E2gIAFlLJ_t7WwN

If these stories are true, and the guys marry them, they'll be married for thirty years.  If they were the kind of guys to end this shit after two years, they would end it now.

Just now, PilotsError said:

If these stories are true, and the guys marry them, they'll be married for thirty years.  If they were the kind of guys to end this shit after two years, they would end it now.

they guys wouldn't end it.  the chics would dump the guys for a dude with better looks, bigger wallet, bigger dick, better car, better hair, etc.  these bitches are shallow.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, crash_davis said:

they guys wouldn't end it.  the chics would dump the guys for a dude with better looks, bigger wallet, bigger dick, better car, better hair, etc.  these bitches are shallow.

Truth spoken here.  Someone this self-centered doesn't suddenly stop being so because they get married.  The next Facebook post will be:

"I can't believe he wouldn't buy me a Cayenne.  If someone doesn't love me enough to get the car I want, he doesn't love me enough to be my husband.  I felt like total trash when he suggested a Grand Cherokee.  I cried for two hours, and he never apologized."

• Like 1

23 hours ago, G650 said:

I was adamant that Facebook was fucking inane when it came out because nobody needed to know every stupid thought that popped in someone's head. I've actually come around to the belief that it's a good thing, as it lets idiots broadcast their awfulness far and wide for all to see.

{rolling} Good thing we've got Surly for the rest of us.... {eyes}

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Looks fat

typical misogynistic male response.  what? fat women can't be self absorbed, self entitled, delusional, shallow bitches?  are these traits only reserved for good looking, fit women women who enjoy eating salads? so insensitive!

Edited by crash_davis
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

typical misogynistic male response.  what? fat women can't be self absorbed, self entitled, delusional, shallow bitches?  are these traits only reserved for good looking, fit women women who enjoy eating salads? so insensitive!

Yes.

9 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
27 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Just sayin...nobody wants to see her on the beach

The sea was angry that day, my friends.

save-the-whale.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Had the wedding in the OP gone through, I bet she'd be in this statistic. Pricier weddings led to higher chance of divorce. Could it be that the bride is a demanding bitch whom the groom will soon tire of?

https://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/13/living/wedding-expenses-study/index.html#:

Want a happy marriage? Have a big, cheap wedding

A new study found that couples who spend less on their wedding tend to have longer-lasting marriages than those who splurge. The study, by two economics professors at Emory University, found a similar correlation between less-expensive engagement rings and lower divorce rates.

Specifically, the study found that women whose wedding cost more than $20,000 divorced at a rate roughly 1.6 times higher than women whose wedding cost between $5,000 and $10,000. And couples who spent $1,000 or less on their big day had a lower than average rate of divorce.

• Like 2

Some people are gross and self centered enough to think they're owed all that.  I'd bet significant funds that particular one is a fake to drive clicks that a news outlet stumbled into.

But, I can promise you somewhere there's a bride (or groom) really thinking about hitting send on a similar message in real life. 

They'll hit delete and then carry on being insufferable in some other way. 

Wedding venues are expense as hell these days.  Or maybe they always were and I never paid attention.  Married in 08 at a church and the reception at the church parish center, so I never had to bite that bullet.  My youngest cousin just got married a year ago and the place wasn't anything special but holy hell was it expensive.

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

Saw it on Reddit this morning, thought it interesting and searched for an apropos thread. Didn't realize the date of the article until after I posted. Ehhh, it happens.

Take it from me I know: smoke less crack.

I was heavily involved in the wedding planning, as the maid of honor and mother in law were in another country.   End result?  We got married on a Thursday.  Every venue you could possibly want is available on a Thursday, and will do it for peanuts.  Same goes for photographers, bands, etc. etc. etc.  This was twenty years ago, but I'll bet it still holds up at least to a degree.  It's not as convenient for people who have to travel to attend, for sure, but if you want to have a blow out bash and pay pennies for it, get married on a weekday.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

The proliferation of destination weddings, along with out of town bachelor/bachelorette parties and multiple showers requiring gifts make some weddings ridiculously expensive for friends and family of the bride and groom. 

Edited by TonyTexas

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Specifically, the study found that women whose wedding cost more than $20,000 divorced at a rate roughly 1.6 times higher than women whose wedding cost between $5,000 and $10,000. And couples who spent $1,000 or less on their big day had a lower than average rate of divorce.

So not starting off in massive debt or starting with a nice nest egg for a house means couples last longer?

No Way GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

I was heavily involved in the wedding planning, as the maid of honor and mother in law were in another country.   End result?  We got married on a Thursday.  Every venue you could possibly want is available on a Thursday, and will do it for peanuts.  Same goes for photographers, bands, etc. etc. etc.  This was twenty years ago, but I'll bet it still holds up at least to a degree.  It's not as convenient for people who have to travel to attend, for sure, but if you want to have a blow out bash and pay pennies for it, get married on a weekday.

Bingo.  Looking to rent a facility for a big dinner.  Fortunately, the way that the conference schedule falls, we host the dinner on a Thursday.  Facility rental on Thursday (and again, this is just a banquet room, nothing fancy) is $1500.  Want to rent it on Friday or Saturday?  $5000.

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

The proliferation of destination weddings, along with out of town bachelor/bachelorette parties and multiple showers requiring gifts make some weddings ridiculously expensive for friends and family of the bride and groom. 

Ours was not a destination.  But I always loved going to other people's.  You only get invited usually if you are family or close friends. I looked at it like going on vacation at a cool place with a bunch of close friends where much of the food and booze was covered.

I typically will extend my stay at the destination and just treat it as a vacation.  It ends up being cheaper than a normal vacation.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Wedding venues are expense as hell these days.  Or maybe they always were and I never paid attention.  Married in 08 at a church and the reception at the church parish center, so I never had to bite that bullet.  My youngest cousin just got married a year ago and the place wasn't anything special but holy hell was it expensive.

They're expensive because they can be, because deep down inside a whole lot of women want to tell everyone how much their wedding cost. 

Any time you sell a product or service that is being purchased with someone else's money, you can basically set the market.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Daughter and boyfriend are probably getting married soon, so I googled "average cost of a wedding."  The answer was $21K, so I put aside that much money in our Vanguard account and told her that it was hers, that they could use it for a wedding, or they could elope and keep it.  They're actually moving to Italy in September, so she was leaning towards eloping until she mentioned it to my fucking big-mouthed controlling mother-in-law, who nearly had a meltdown.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Daughter and boyfriend are probably getting married soon, so I googled "average cost of a wedding."  The answer was $21K, so I put aside that much money in our Vanguard account and told her that it was hers, that they could use it for a wedding, or they could elope and keep it.  They're actually moving to Italy in September, so she was leaning towards eloping until she mentioned it to my fucking big-mouthed controlling mother-in-law, who nearly had a meltdown.  

Fucking big-mouth controlling MIL dies of a broken heart (coronary) and your daughter sets herself up well financially for the future.  Sounds like a win-win to me.

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)

One of the coolest weddings I ever went to was a friend of Mrs. CHIEF's from Westwood. They had it at a little old rundown church in Fischer (between Blanco and Wimberly). It was outside, and they had two kegs at the back of the aisles, so you filled up a beer and went and set down. Whole thing probably didn't cost a grand.

I think Torn is onto something. A lot of women like to brag how much their wedding cost. Mine likes to boast about how little her wedding cost. Her grandmother told us we should just go down to the JOP on Monday morning and get married, like herself and my wife's grandfather, "just start your week out right."

CHIEF

Edited by CHIEF
  • Hook 'Em 1

We got married in a tiny side-chapel of the church where we are members and it cost zero. Tipped the priest and cross-bearer a token of our appreciation (had Son of Canecutter deliver the envelopes to them so he could pick up some Blue Heaven smoothness.) Small chapel served as a hard limit to who got in. Meanwhile there was some Bridezilla Burning-Pile-of-Money wedding about to kick off in the main church as ours was winding down.

Hell, they blasted the bell ringing through downtown for no extra charge. I oughta stop being a damn heathen and make an appearance once in a while.

For the reception we used the side room at the Greek restaurant where we had our first date. Mrs. Canecutter had planned a cozy affair with sips of wine and little bowls of stewed vegetables. I had to jump in and nix that. It's a party. A rowdy party. I want double however much wine we think we need, and Stuff on Sticks, meat, shrimp, whatever, as much as they want. Nobody hungry, nobody sober. Damn it was a fun time. $1500 for the whole deal, for 20+ guests.

• Hook 'Em 4

Wife and I have a friend in Italy right now attending the Lake Como wedding expensive party of a woman she worked with.  Bride woman discovered some serious red flags in former fiance a couple of months back.

Had to call it off and cease contact with him.  All that shit was already paid and non-refundable at this point so they're just proceeding with the party for those that had flights and still wanted to come.

Father of the bride has money to burn I guess to even allow for the planning of a multi-six figure event and said fuck-it....might was well make the best of a shitty situation.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Reagan1k said:

Wife and I have a friend in Italy right now attending the Lake Como wedding expensive party of a woman she worked with.  Bride woman discovered some serious red flags in former fiance a couple of months back.

Had to call it off and cease contact with him.  All that shit was already paid and non-refundable at this point so they're just proceeding with the party for those that had flights and still wanted to come.

Father of the bride has money to burn I guess to even allow for the planning of a multi-six figure event and said fuck-it....might was well make the best of a shitty situation.

Where is the click bait link and what's the subscription cost to learn what these red flags were regarding the former husband to be?!?!?

On 6/18/2024 at 12:53 PM, Reagan1k said:

Some people are gross and self centered enough to think they're owed all that.  I'd bet significant funds that particular one is a fake to drive clicks that a news outlet stumbled into.

But, I can promise you somewhere there's a bride (or groom) really thinking about hitting send on a similar message in real life. 

They'll hit delete and then carry on being insufferable in some other way. 

I’d pay $1,500 to attend a wedding if I got to bang the bride.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Where is the click bait link and what's the subscription cost to learn what these red flags were regarding the former husband to be?!?!?

House she didn't know about, no compromise pre-nup presented that was different than had been agreed among others.

We had our reception at our ranch (married at a pretty church nearby).  Let me tell you, that costs more than a wedding venue.  Because you have to pay for someone to provide tables, chairs, every piece of silverware, linen, chaffing dishes, plate, etc.  Whereas a venue has all that shit on hand.

We had 300 guests and it was a lot of fun.  I do not regret spending the money.  But we certainly were careful with what we spent.  It still cost probably $80k all in and my wife and I paid.  Flowers, food, booze, servers, photography, comfort stations/restrooms, transpo to and from chapel nearby, band, and a million different little things.

I did not spend the extra $15k for a tent.  We had perfect weather.  60 degrees, clear skies, and no wind.  But man we were sweating rain in the preceding weeks.

My sister got married at our ranch also but our parents paid that.  Hers cost triple what mine did.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Tell MIL she can contribute as much as she wants to the wedding, but your total is 21k and it's up to the bride and groom to decide how to spend the $

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Tell MIL she can contribute as much as she wants to the wedding, but your total is 21k and it's up to the bride and groom to decide how to spend the $ to shut the fuck up.

Boundaries, set em early.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1