Shit's Borked

RPM

Reddit embedd (as well as twitter and instagram) looks like this for me:

IMG_1924.thumb.png.c84604aa8a0aeca0c0e47a3e85d4e4eb.png

I’m fine with that, and seems to be from a firefox utility (focus?) that I use as an adblocker in mobile safari. 

I turn it off, and those turn into the shitty, half off screen, bullshit embeds. 

On 9/30/2024 at 12:00 PM, PvilleStang said:

Just curious if this is reddit sucking ass or something on Surly's side, but does anyone else have issues with reddit embedded videos only showing the top of the video?

image.thumb.png.7a2a9c7ab7258d7ca5d15fb5ee8190fb.png

I think this is posters not waiting for the full embed to load. Twitter always partially expands the link before fully expanding it when you copy and paste it into the reply box. Waiting a second or two for it to fully embed before hitting submit could be the fix. That’s my non tech guess at why since it’s always chalked up to the other sides shittiness, but it doesn’t happen on any other site that embeds tweets.

Can a tapatalk user explain the advantage of it over the native mobile site? I can’t remember the last time I posted from anything other than mobile and the interface is very intuitive and user friendly. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, royiv said:

Can a tapatalk user explain the advantage of it over the native mobile site? I can’t remember the last time I posted from anything other than mobile and the interface is very intuitive and user friendly. 

There is none. It's a trash app for boomers.

• Haha 1

Already explained upthread numerous times but this happens every time anyone brings something up. If tapa is involved it's shit and their fault, as it can't be anything else per surly 1%.

Bitchfist ensues over surly mobile site and tapa folks. Like clockwork, nothing gets done, rinse and repeat.

Both have their issues and features, but there should be a place where both can coexist, IMO. Search function on both blow, so we have that going for us.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, 'stache said:

So are yarn gifs just not compatible with Safari? Posted one from my laptop earlier and doesn’t show up now on my phone. Got two reactions so others are seeing it.

yarn's CDN has pretty aggressive user agent filtering. Safari has good privacy controls and so yarn won't load images for agents that they aren't 100% certain are people

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

So I can't scroll up and down on the massive Presidential Race thread in CR for some reason. I have no other issues with any other thread. Using Chrome. Anybody else have the same problem?

On desktop or mobile? What OS? 

12 hours ago, immamac said:

On desktop or mobile? What OS? 

9 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

Maybe update your OS to Sequoia, or Sonoma, or at least 13.7 on Ventura...

So I updated the MacOS to Sequoia 15.0.1 and I still can't scroll up or down on that thread. Bizarre.