Shit's Borked

RPM

On 7/28/2024 at 4:29 PM, thunderlounge said:

Might wanna get onto the people at tapa, then. 

Ummm... it's not a TapaTalk issue.  It's the Surly app that I downloaded.  Do you not recognize the screenshot logo?

What service / resource are you using to connect via your phone?

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Dude it's a webapp, use a fucking browser. wtf. 

You re commenting a though I should know the difference.  & "a fucking browser" - you mean I should simply use my phone's version of Chrome?

Please explain it like I'm a roofing contractor  not someone who wrote a book about how to write software.

2 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

You re commenting a though I should know the difference.  & "a fucking browser" - you mean I should simply use my phone's version of Chrome?

Please explain it like I'm a roofing contractor  not someone who wrote a book about how to write software.

it's asking you to pick what browser to use dude this isn't some rocket science or major computer shit. 

It's all on the screenshot that you literally posted. 

40 minutes ago, immamac said:

It's all on the screenshot that you literally posted. 

Never had a problem before & I am sus about using the Samsung browser

Did you miss this part?

I haven't been required to use the Samsung browser in the past for Surly access & as noted, I am hesitant to do so.

Posted (edited)

I keep getting random notifications about new posts on threads as if I'm following a thread, but I don't have any active follows or content that I'm subscribed to. Not a major problem, but the notification spam is annoying 

Edit: like I just got a notification for a San Dimas thread that just got created?

Screenshot_20240731_075922_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Captainant

34 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I keep getting random notifications about new posts on threads as if I'm following a thread, but I don't have any active follows or content that I'm subscribed to. Not a major problem, but the notification spam is annoying 

Edit: like I just got a notification for a San Dimas thread that just got created?

Let me look into it. 

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Are you following the particular board? If you follow an area it will notify on any posts made within, whether you follow the thread directly or not. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

Are you following the particular board? If you follow an area it will notify on any posts made within, whether you follow the thread directly or not. 

I thought I might have pocket-clicked on a follow button, but in the "manage followed content" part of my profile it shows "There's nothing here yet" for both topics and forums

Edited by Captainant

I figured it out - I guess my phone screen was on in my pocket or something and it pocket clicked on a profile and subscribed to that user's posts. And the "members" part of the followed content page is at the bottom under all the annual lists so I missed it at a glance

ID-10T error.

Edited by Captainant
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I figured it out - I guess my phone screen was on in my pocket or something and it pocket clicked on a profile and subscribed to that user's posts. And the "members" part of the followed content page is at the bottom under all the annual lists so I missed it at a glance

ID-10T error.

Hahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

clearly i’ll never be able use swipe left or use the back button in ios safari anymore. but i’ve been seeing some embedded tweets show up in truncated little boxes, while others embed as normal. happening to anyone else? is this also an ios issue? gahhhh

IMG_0009.jpeg

Just now, joe dirt said:

clearly i’ll never be able use swipe left or use the back button in ios safari anymore. but i’ve been seeing some embedded tweets show up in truncated little boxes, while others embed as normal. happening to anyone else? is this also an ios issue? gahhhh

IMG_0009.jpeg

When did this start? I haven't changed the server side since early July. 

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

When did this start? I haven't changed the server side since early July. 

not 100% but it’s been a minute. since before july for sure. i forget who, but someone else mentioned it in the say it to my face thread in CR not too long ago. for me this is not limited to CR posts

1 minute ago, joe dirt said:

not 100% but it’s been a minute. since before july for sure. i forget who, but someone else mentioned it in the say it to my face thread in CR not too long ago. for me this is not limited to CR posts

I'll try to take a look. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I can take the banner away - you don't have to click show new replies, they will just happen automagically now. 

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This is new- is it on purpose?

IMG_2833.thumb.png.1a8f3944775146aba14554bd7a3c32a3.png

I know it’s new content because I was on the last post and then clicked on the show new replies pop up. 

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

I can take the banner away - you don't have to click show new replies, they will just happen automagically now. 

Saw your note on the thread. 

Not sure about the automagic thing: I took this shot after waiting 5-10 seconds for the post to appear. IMG_2834.thumb.png.6b10730867f28ae0da1c6a9668cfcfc2.png

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I think the banner is on all threads, based on it appearing in the Ukraine thread after show new replies.  

yeah it is, I'll see what I can do to tweak it and remove it. It doesn't move the unread replies line. Would a smaller banner work? I do like that it indicates what was loaded without reloading the page, but just not on every thread that doesn't have the "live" autoreload on. 

I can also just disable the addon except for gamedays/when threads are moving crazy fast that's an easy fix to this issue.

Just now, immamac said:

yeah it is, I'll see what I can do to tweak it and remove it. It doesn't move the unread replies line. Would a smaller banner work? I do like that it indicates what was loaded without reloading the page, but just not on every thread that doesn't have the "live" autoreload on. 

Agreed. The banner isn’t obnoxious when the posts add without prompting.  That’s a lot of orange though. Maybe colorless with just the content and border?

• Hook 'Em 1