Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

oh good, there’s a new draft kings commercial featuring kevin hart saying a bunch of unfunny shit to lebron james who is a terrible actor with a cringey fake laugh. thankfully they probably won’t play it 1,000 x a day for the next six months.

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91w7tcc6i6kyrjzvt6pl

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

The mother just putting in more batteriess to shut his ass up is basically the problem with American society.

If I did that I’d have gotten the belt, and then a lecture about picking cotton in the Texas sun when they were 5 years old. And they were right.

2 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

The mother just putting in more batteriess to shut his ass up is basically the problem with American society.

If I did that I’d have gotten the belt, and then a lecture about picking cotton in the Texas sun when they were 5 years old. And they were right.

Also immediate shutting the fuck up and smiling by the child the very second the battery is replaced. What a little sociopath.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

james-franco-wait-what.gif

They're lesbians like in every other commercial these days. Mother and daughter? Nope. Sisters? Nope. Friends? Nope.

I guess commercials should reflect society in general but if you go by them 99% of the population has teh gay.

I'd see myself to the Cloak Room but nah

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

They're lesbians like in every other commercial these days. Mother and daughter? Nope. Sisters? Nope. Friends? Nope.

I guess commercials should reflect society in general but if you go by them 99% of the population has teh gay.

I'd see myself to the Cloak Room but nah

Yes, that shit is real. My Mexican girlfriend has been watching US Netflix shows and Austin/Dallas local stations for years. She was very surprised to discover that most couples weren't gay when she got to Austin.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

IMG_0180.gif.2c801a50f03381348741c66cd5ffb344.gif

ooh I get it, it’s cause they all look the same 

JFC

Que? I thought it was a pretty astute point by Derka that, even in modern political correctness, white people are still only really comfortable with "safe" looking black people trying to sell them goods and services 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 8/23/2024 at 12:01 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

vrbo only rents whole homes,  AirBnb allows for any legal liveable space to be rented out which could mean just renting an individual room, of an owner occupied house, where you might actually share a main hallway/bathroom, etc.  Or like a pool house, and maybe you get to share the pool with the owner in the main house.

basically vrbo is showing you the 'worst case airbnb scenario" where you are having to deal with the owner of the property interrupting your vacation area because they can.  vrbo saying they require the whole home to be rented out so renters get full privacy

Yeah, but it's literally a single button press AirBNB to filter out all shared domiciles. I don't get it.

6 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, but it's literally a single button press AirBNB to filter out all shared domiciles. I don't get it.

whoah whoah man... when did someone write a rule that commericals needed to make sense???     kidding.

besides, thats the perfect commercial for teh Olds who only half understand the internet.... MARTHA- MARTHA USE VRBO....  DONT PICK THAT ABNB SHIT, the OWNERS COULD WATCH US!!!!!!!!

Let me get this straight. Pimp ass George Hamilton used to tan entirely too much and spilled his drank on your deck so you think it's all yucky and needs to be restained. You should have it bronzed instead.

Seriously the presence of a child or two is the only evidence this couple has ever been laid

• Haha 1

I know we all complain about all the commercial breaks in football games, but are they longer this year than in the past? I've only watched a few games so far, but damn the breaks are taking forever.

Yes, to make up for new time rules. Fucking three minutes at DKR was hellish

The dish washer detergent commercial that tells people to run their dishwasher every night because dishwasher uses only 4 gallons of water and handwashing dishes uses 30 gallons?!

First of all, if we’re pretending to be environmentally conscious, there’s no reason to run a half full dishwasher.  Wait an extra day and use the same power and water to wash twice as many dishes.  

Second, 30 gallons to wash one day’s worth of dishes?  With a fire hose maybe.  Fill up sink with 4-5 inches of hot soapy water.  Rinse dishes in same amount of hot water in the other side of the sink or run the water at 1/3 wide open and turn off in between rinsing.  Probably 5-8 gallons or less and no electricity other than water heater (which dishwasher uses too).  

you’re welcome cascade

I’m not saying hand wash your dishes.  That sucks, especially doing it every night. I’m saying don’t run your dishwasher 1/2 full and pat yourself on the back about being an eco hero.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/1/2024 at 8:59 PM, Lhorn said:

The dish washer detergent commercial that tells people to run their dishwasher every night because dishwasher uses only 4 gallons of water and handwashing dishes uses 30 gallons?!

First of all, if we’re pretending to be environmentally conscious, there’s no reason to run a half full dishwasher.  Wait an extra day and use the same power and water to wash twice as many dishes.  

Second, 30 gallons to wash one day’s worth of dishes?  With a fire hose maybe.  Fill up sink with 4-5 inches of hot soapy water.  Rinse dishes in same amount of hot water in the other side of the sink or run the water at 1/3 wide open and turn off in between rinsing.  Probably 5-8 gallons or less and no electricity other than water heater (which dishwasher uses too).  

you’re welcome cascade

I’m not saying hand wash your dishes.  That sucks, especially doing it every night. I’m saying don’t run your dishwasher 1/2 full and pat yourself on the back about being an eco hero.  

They're targeting the demographic that, no matter the advancements in technologies, will never accept that a dishwasher can effectively clean an un-rinsed dish, especially one that has been sitting overnight: our wives.

On 9/8/2024 at 9:00 PM, PittsburghTiger said:

It’s pretty maddening that the SafeLite windshield commercials keep getting worse.

Those two weirdo dudes who drive around and keep getting their windshield broken are annoying as fuck.

As soon as one comes on screen I either mute or turn the channel.

the reason that one aggravates the shit out of me isnt just the two fucking clowns.

its that they have taken the fucking selfie bullshit social media shit and they along with every other fucking product are now presenting shit to us like its a god damned tik tok post whose storyline magically gets resolved in 30 seconds. 

ive already recently bitched about the gillette goobah dad/son, this safelite one is high on the list as well, along with almost every fucking beauty commercial.... Olay, Loreal, etc.

I dont need to be talked to on TV like Im looking at my fucking phone.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

So I'm supposed to feel sorry for some fucking kid and have empathy for his parents because he is telling them he has a science project due the very next day and he's just telling them about it? Welcome to a problem as old as time itself shitheads.

Walk your ass to the wifi hotspot or get dropped off so I can go home and fix supper for your procrastinating ass.

On 9/12/2024 at 7:01 PM, mr. sunshine said:

Allstate commercial with the frizzy haired, bucked tooth, ugly ass chick who offers to exchange some dude's ice cream cone for $574. She doesn't pay him and throws his ice cream cone away. Yep definitely Allstate

Advertisers have certainly put ugly on a pedestal these days.  

To really hate a commercial, it can't be just a bad commercial. It has to be a commercial that was horrible the first time, and gets repeated every ten minutes. I was watching Washington-Washington State. Great game, close, last quarter. Then for the 500 billionth time, the same two crappy commercials came on one after the other. 

Commercial #1. That Capital One commercial parody of the "League of Their Own," with the girl crying. 
Every Capital One commercial sucks, but that one sucks in particular, because of the whining girl. 

That was bad enough, but it followed with that fucking AT&T commercial where the morbidly obese bald headed fat fuck with the mustache is sitting on a horse in the dentist's office where his tween daughter with the "look at me, I'm an edgy tween with a semi-bondage choker" is in the chair, and the whole stupid commercial is a pun based off of "being on his high horse" because he got a Samsung Galaxy. That's like being on your high horse because you shopped at Dollar General. 

Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but the ads with the twin looking guys apparently in someone's garage acting like they are trying to prepare to shoot a video or something is ridiculously stupid.  Who are these guys?  WTF are they doing?  What are they selling?  Am I supposed to know who they are?  Are they supposed to be funny?  If the answer to all of these questions is, "I don't know", and it is, then this is officially a failure of advertising.

On 9/10/2024 at 4:23 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

the reason that one aggravates the shit out of me isnt just the two fucking clowns.

its that they have taken the fucking selfie bullshit social media shit and they along with every other fucking product are now presenting shit to us like its a god damned tik tok post whose storyline magically gets resolved in 30 seconds. 

ive already recently bitched about the gillette goobah dad/son, this safelite one is high on the list as well, along with almost every fucking beauty commercial.... Olay, Loreal, etc.

I dont need to be talked to on TV like Im looking at my fucking phone.  

The Safelite dorks are actually gleeful they get to go get their windshield replaced. Also, I thought it was standard practice not to let customers on the shop floor for insurance purposes or whatever?

Safelite charged like $700 or some shit on my F-150. Then wanted like $400 to recalibrate the camera sensors. I sold the truck instead.