do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

39 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

image.png.b4a76b5dafc7a847c3ce62d511ee9f78.png

Oh man.  I think 5 is the obvious choice.  I can talk to Frank about Jay Buhner and Hideki Irabu, and then turn around for pearls of widsom from J Peterman and talk to Jackie Chiles about his public humiliations?  Would be entertaining as hell.

3 is my backup.  Talk to Klompus about the pen and also Bookman and George.

Least favorite would be Crazy Joe Davola.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Oh man.  I think 5 is the obvious choice.  I can talk to Frank about Jay Buhner and Hideki Irabu, and then turn around for pearls of widsom from J Peterman and talk to Jackie Chiles about his public humiliations?  Would be entertaining as hell.

3 is my backup.  Talk to Klompus about the pen and also Bookman and George.

Least favorite would be Crazy Joe Davola.

I'm going #5 too... I think Jerry would run interference and Frank is hilarious.

I think #1 would be the absolute worst, followed closely by #7... I don't want to become the next vegetable lasagna. 

I love the little detail that Vegetable Lasagna guy has this crap accent for every line and tries to go big with almost all of them.  But then when Elaine calls him an idiot, he deadpans in his natural, deep voice, "I can hear you."  

Those little ticks are what make Seinfeld so wonderful.  And by the way, that's my Apple Juice.  

This.  I would bet all my rep from this thread and all my Seinfeld DVD's that the writer's room tried to figure out a way to have a scene with Klompus and Frank Costanza (when he was visiting Del Boca Vista), but they figured it was impossible to have those two guys in the same room with nobody breaking.  

Another thing that goes overlooked on Seinfeld is Jerry and Larry took great care to bring on standup comic friends of theirs to play one-off roles.  And the chemistry showed quite clear.  But they also paid homage to the Catskill/Borsch Belt days that grew up admiring.  Klompus, or Sandy Baron was a great example of that.  He wasn't just a crazy Cadillac driving, pen hoarding, cigar smoking asshole.  Baron was an improv troupe player, broadway star, played the part of Lenny Bruce, frequent comedic guest on the Merv Griffin show, and often opened for Frank Sinatra and Neil Diamond when they were on tour.  A lot of the 'old timers' (spoiler alert, Jack was only 56 when he first appears on Seinfeld, not much older than most of us), were comedic actors that Jerry and Larry and Alec Berg looked up to as kids.  While we see many of Jerry's standup contemporaries on the show, we forget how we also get to see them play out their childhood dreams of working with old-school comedic greats.  Another layer to the show we are lucky to have witnessed.  

• Hook 'Em 1