do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

18 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Ok, watching The Pilot and there's all sorts of wild stuff happening here that I've never really digested.

1. Kramer (known as Kessler at this point) apparently has a dog that shoots into the scene for a couple of seconds.  He also has apparently "never been out of the building in 10 years".

2. Jerry has a dart board right by the front door and a catcher's mask hanging on his coat rack.

3. George talks about how he wishes he could do the opposite of everything (which became one of the greatest episodes ever, years later)

4. The whole first half of the episode takes place outside of the apartment, which we would come to know and love.

5. Another airport scene (meeting the woman who flew in to meet him - Laura - good trivia), going back to my question from upthread about airport scenes.

6. Very presumptuous of her to tell her fiancee Jerry's home number (the phone number of a host who she has never stayed with and her fiancee has never met), but maybe that was just life before cell phones.

And then it just ends.  That's the joke at the end.  "Never get engaged".  Ok.  Not sure I'm going to watch this show again.

One of the greatest callbacks of the show is how they ended the final episode the way they began the first... with the conversation about the button.

The weirdest part of the pilot to me is that George is right, there has to be a bunch of decent hotel rooms in New York City, since she was already in a relationship, why did she want to stay in Jerry’s little apartment?

Edited by 'stache

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

The weirdest part of the pilot to me is that George is right, there has to be a bunch of decent hotel rooms in New York City, since she was already in a relationship, why did she want to stay in Jerry’s little apartment?

Yeah.  The first couple of seasons have a lot of flaws.  They were still trying to figure it out in the writer's room.  "What writer?  I thought we were talking about a sitcom?"

• Hook 'Em 1