Hey Oil Barons.......

936horn

On 9/6/2024 at 3:50 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not to get cr but one of the presidential candidates promised <$2 gasoline presumably for their entire term. Would that spook some traders?

No. Because outside of doing a direct subsidy a la Kuwait (which wouldnt pass), politicians dont have the direct ability to effect a change of that magnitude for that duration.

image.jpeg.01d9203c4e348dc4e797bb192d733d86.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

No. Because outside of doing a direct subsidy a la Kuwait (which wouldnt pass), politicians dont have the direct ability to effect a change of that magnitude for that duration.

image.jpeg.01d9203c4e348dc4e797bb192d733d86.jpeg

Full CR...

unlike the candidates we have to choose from this photo contains two solid choices vs. none

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

I’m starting to think the IEA is controlled by oil and gas traders (duh).They need markets to move, so they press a button and IEA releases some peak oil bullshit press release. 

Meanwhile, the plebs suffer while oil traders are doing lines off of strippers’ asses on ChiTownDoc’s yacht in Miami. This latest bullshit put a dent in my bonus. 

1 hour ago, Royalfan5 said:

Allegedly the Saudis are abandoning their price target for production increases.  

It’ll be interesting how sustainably long term an output increase for them will be. Kazakhstan also not curbing production. I happen to think this is a massive market overreaction but you get that a lot when SA is involved. 

3 hours ago, The Royal We said:

image.jpeg.0fef721e107a802d2f0dda501585b1eb.jpeg

I hope they didn't pay consultants too much to help them come up with that.

Years ago I heard a story of a brand consultant getting a million dollars to recommend to Circle K they should rebrand a chain of stores they bought in Indiana(bigfoot) to....Circle K

94wlvv.jpg

On 9/26/2024 at 11:24 AM, Dr Fear said:

The combined Chesapeake and SWN is going to be called Expand Energy??? Woof.

Somehow still better than Permian Resources and Chord. 

SWN has a really nice building off of 45 in Houston. I wonder if they sell it and move everybody to Duke West in OKC? 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

Hess CEO gets the Sheffield treatment. Will not be allowed to join the CVX board in order for the merger to proceed.

The Federal Trade Commission has banned Hess Corp. CEO John Hess from Chevrons board as a condition for the oil companies’ $53 billion merger to move forward.

The FTC on Monday alleged that Hess communicated with OPEC representatives about global oil output and inventory management over the years, encouraging them to take action that supports higher prices.

40 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

This Sarah Stogner seems like a real cunt actually. The LinkedIn saga is fun to follow though. My guess is she’s going to end up in jail or have her law license revoked within the next few months.

She’s an attention whore and I’m suspicious of anything she writes. It’s funny Chevron pulled an Emergency TRO and she and her weirdo partner continue to post that and all these petitions. They’re antagonizing them. Chevron cited in their latest filing this was the direct result of social media threats. They’re making enemies all over the industry. They’ll never get elected. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

13 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

She’s an attention whore and I’m suspicious of anything she writes. It’s funny Chevron pulled an Emergency TRO and she and her weirdo partner continue to post that and all these petitions. They’re antagonizing them. Chevron cited in their latest filing this was the direct result of social media threats. They’re making enemies all over the industry. They’ll never get elected. 

Yeah I saw that too. I have no idea what her and “Hawk” are thinking. It’s hilarious that Chevron came with receipts on the TRO filing- then Sarah the attention whore goes and blasts it all over social media looking for support in their ongoing fight against big bad oil while crying “lawfare.” They are both fucking morons and the landowner is just as stupid retaining them as their legal representation team vs. CVX and local Permian independents like Pitts and Williams.

“Hawk” has zero shot at being elected to RRC commissioner, especially after this shitshow playing out in the public realm. A total dumpster fire.

On 9/5/2024 at 7:12 AM, Rex Kramer said:

That’s not accurate. We have moved well over $90 several times in the last year. The SPR release in mid 2022 is the reason we moved down from $100 in 3Q’22 after spending about 5 months above it. 

We hit $93 exactly one year ago.  Since then, the highest we have seen on any bounce is $88.

Where exactly is this "well over $90"?

29 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

We hit $93 exactly one year ago.  Since then, the highest we have seen on any bounce is $88.

Where exactly is this "well over $90"?

We spent a lot of September 2023 above it. I posted that a month ago.  

On 9/5/2024 at 6:15 AM, Fudge Nuggets said:

We went over $100 in 2022 due to the initial reaction to the Ukraine war. We haven’t sniffed $100 since. 

The above post is what you said, which is where my response a month ago came from. I pretty quickly gave you reasons why this was wrong. I cited we had crossed $90 several times in the last year (not to mention the last two years) because we had in the trailing 12 months ended 9/5/2024. Also, exactly one year ago, we were trading at $90, spent pretty much the entire month of October 2023 over the $88 you cite was the high watermark in the last 12 months, and we also averaged over $85 in April 2024, including spending every trading day in the first half of April ‘24 well over $85. 

WTI $77 and Brent back to $81, both of which are 6-week highs. 

Nat Gas briefly flirted with $3 on Friday, but has pulled back since to $2.75. Just can't seem to break out, been pretty much stuck between $1.75 and $3.25 for going on 18 months now.

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Nat Gas briefly flirted with $3 on Friday, but has pulled back since to $2.75. Just can't seem to break out, been pretty much stuck between $1.75 and $3.25 for going on 18 months now.

Maybe you should stop posting. :)

• Rage+1 1

On 10/7/2024 at 8:55 PM, Storm the Field said:

Lee Corso'ed

• Rage+1 1