Dallas Stars 2018-2019 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

5 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

He peaked like 3 weeks into his tenure when he traded for Seguin. Not a lot of bright spots since then. 

honka: awful

nichuskin: bust

gurianov: who?

dellandrea was a questionable 1st as well, but of course that verdict is a few years away.  he doesn’t get credit for miro, as he was a can’t miss.  

Nill is fucking terrible.  

8 minutes ago, futureman said:

honka: awful

nichuskin: bust

gurianov: who?

dellandrea was a questionable 1st as well, but of course that verdict is a few years away.  he doesn’t get credit for miro, as he was a can’t miss.  

Nill is fucking terrible.  

Nill very well could be terrible and the draft results look like it, but you can't fucking discount the correct pick in Miro. Yakupov was a can't miss top 3 prospect, except to anyone that went beyond the stats and measurables.

Gurianov is coming along and it remains to be seen what he can do. Honka seemed promising 2 seasons ago and everyone was crying to get him into games last season. He's pretty awful.

Last season Nill wanted Gallant and got overruled by Tom and Lites. Nill has also had to trade away some of the great assets we have to complete deals which sucks for us if we don't hit on high draft picks.

I think Monty was a very questionable hire but it will be Nill's ship to sink on.

1 minute ago, spystud13 said:

Sloppy goal, but we'll take it. 

Seguin has listened to Lites. 

Was it sloppy?  I mean, the second pass didn't really connect, but it was all right ideas on cross-ice passes to open guys.

I guess what I'm saying is that while you don't give any merit badges on that one for tape-to-tape passing, there aren't many goalies out there that'd stop that.

Of course, some of that is a commentary on the STL defense.

Stars winning ugly with some great goaltending, if we had these two goalies with several of Lindys teams we could have won a cup. No, we had Kari Lehtonen and his rocking .900 save percentage.

Now we have a team of three lines that can’t score. I hate to ever agree with future man but he’s right about Nill and some of this dead weight he’s been bringing in. Why is Val here? We need more guys like Patrick Eaves and not guys like the three C’s, Comeau, Carrick and Condra.

Rads was a great signing and is the second best player on this team right now. We have some really good young D men but outside of the top line our forwards suck.

Things I learned tonight... Ol’ boy Stevie Patterson is the Coyotes’ President & CEO. Shockingly, they appear to suck. 
They haven't been good for a while. Granted now they're at the point where they may be leaving Phoenix. I'll blame Steve for that.
  • Like 1

Stars winning ugly with some great goaltending, if we had these two goalies with several of Lindys teams we could have won a cup. No, we had Kari Lehtonen and his rocking .900 save percentage.

Now we have a team of three lines that can’t score. I hate to ever agree with future man but he’s right about Nill and some of this dead weight he’s been bringing in. Why is Val here? We need more guys like Patrick Eaves and not guys like the three C’s, Comeau, Carrick and Condra.

Rads was a great signing and is the second best player on this team right now. We have some really good young D men but outside of the top line our forwards suck.

I think Nill makes one more big trade before this season is over. My money is Panarin. Don't know what we give up though

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:
9 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Read more  

I think Nill makes one more big trade before this season is over. My money is Panarin. Don't know what we give up though

I don't think we have enough to give up for a rental like Panarin. If he could package Nuke and Honka that would be amazing but realistically it would have to be someone like Lindell, maybe Johns, and someone like Shore and Janmark with a draft pick. Even then we would still have to try to re-sign Panarin long term. 

Nill and Monty both suck.  should’ve canned Nill last year and kept Hitch. 
Kept Hitch... No.

Hanzal was a Hitch request.
Spezza's production was a Hitch casualty.
This team was not built for Hitch's style and doesn't need to go through a makeover to get there.

The stars acquired some good pieces via trades but your most important players are found in the draft. They traded away a lot of these players for some solid acquisitions. They also have drafted terribly in recent years. It's a bit surprising that Nill had success through the draft with the Red Wings org but has been missing more often than not here.

Hitch for sure was not an answer. Poor coaching hires have sunk the Stars as much as poor draft analysis.

Injuries have also not been kind.

Hitch hockey sucked. There’s a reason he hasn’t won anything of consequence since the 90’s. Spezza’s legs are gone he would suck regardless of the coach. Nill’s drafting and free agent signings have been a wet fart for the most part. Our 2nd-3rd-4th lines have sucked 5 out of the 6 years he’s been here.