Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

52 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Who hasn’t gotten a DUI? 

Most people have not been busted for a DUI. Maybe you meant who hasn't driven drunk?

Seriously, my first response to the DUI news was, "I've done worse" but I haven't and I've done some fucked up shit.

The DUI incident shouldn't be down played by supporters, it's a bad look. The fact that it happened 20 years ago and he has owned up to it without repeating the same mistake speaks for itself.

33 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

wtf is near intoxication manslaughter? because I pull out, is that a near abortion? wtf kind of argument is that?

I think Troph was referencing the fact that Beto crashed into another vehicle while driving drunk and put another driver's life at risk versus just getting pulled over by a patrol car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

I know you virtue-signaling  "Cruz is icky" Beto fanboys won't care, but this shit is eventually going to catch up with your handsome candidate once it gets statewide exposure and people start paying attention outside of Austin and Highland Park. 

Also the Chuck Schumer preferred policy positions, but the debates will eventually fix that. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/politics/texas/article/Police-reports-detail-Beto-O-Rourke-s-1998-13195088.php

No one cares, retard.

13 minutes ago, F250 said:

The DUI incident shouldn't be down played by supporters, it's a bad look.

Supporters should treat it as an employer would if Beto declared it under "criminal record" on his job application.   

Most employers wouldn't give a shit about a 20 year old DUI if the applicant brings more to the table than his alternative. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

18 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Supporters should treat it as an employer would if Beto declared it under "criminal record" on his job application.   

Most employers wouldn't give a shit about a 20 year old DUI if the applicant brings more to the table than his alternative. 

Terrible comparison. Part of the job of supporting a candidate is to win over other voters.

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

Conservative media seem to be thinking this is the end of Beto.

I don’t think it’s that bad but it’s certainly not good, as there’s a perception now that he wasn’t completed honest and forthright about the details of the offense.

Unfortunately for Beto, in running a statewide campaign in Texas as a Democrat, he already started with almost zero margin for error...

You're underestimating how much people hate Ted Cruz.

4 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

Kyle Field it is then

I think this is actually bad for Ted.  Trump wants to be able to say that this is the biggest crowd for Ted (which will be true) and at the same time point to all the empty seats (which there will be many in the "biggest stadium we can find") to humiliate Ted.

If Ted loses, it completes the revenge for Ted's failure to quickly submit.

If Ted wins, Trump will take all the credit and claim he "saved" him from an otherwise imminent loss.

• Like 1

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm surprised that an outside, Beto-supporting group isn't creating billboards of Trump's tweets with Cruz insults.     The billboard wouldn't convince a Trump-loving voter to vote for Beto but it may convince some to not vote Cruz.  

I think maybe that would be a good thing to do outside whatever rally trump shows up to in texas.  I have a feeling the beto crowd would easily outnumber the cruz/trumpkins.    Like 5 times as many silently standing outside the building as what are inside.  I could join a siege like that. 

I think Troph was referencing the fact that Beto crashed into another vehicle while driving drunk and put another driver's life at risk versus just getting pulled over by a patrol car.

Yes this is why it may be a bigger deal. I’d hammer on this distinction if I were a surrogate for Cruz.

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Yes this is why it may be a bigger deal. I’d hammer on this distinction if I were a surrogate for Cruz.

It's not really much of a distinction, because it should be built into the concept of a DUI.   If you're over the limit and driving poorly enough to get pulled over, it's mostly just luck as to whether or not you hit something or hurt someone.  A drunk driver who nearly misses a bunch of people is no better than a drunk driver who taps another car (no injuries suffered) on the way to spinning off the road.   W was weaving on and off the road when he was pulled over; it's just luck that nobody was near him.   It's an extremely serious offense because of the potential for harm.   But I don't see how the happenstance of making contact with the car next to you or not makes it any better or worse.   You put that other driver's life at risk either way.

I agree it shouldn’t have a distinction but I think it does. Many have driven with too much to drink and not gotten pulled over but were lucky they didn’t. Far fewer have gotten in crashes and then arrested for drunk driving.

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I hesitate to even report this on a message board, but some conservative poster in my circle of FB friends has been very insistent with claims that Beto has taken PAC mone in this cycle. If proven true that could be much more harmful to his campaign than the details of his DWI. 

There's a whisper campaign saying that based on the fact that O'Rourke has taken bundled personal donations. 

Now personally, I don't like bundlers and they often perform the function of a quasi PAC , but the fact is they aren't a PAC. 

Also - it's likely that PACs and other outside groups that will likely do some independent work in support of Beto, but again, that's not the same thing as taking PAC money because they aren't the Campaign.  

2 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

how are republicans supposed to distinguish the valid criticisms from the obvious bullshit?

They can’t.  These are the same people who bought into Rove’s campaign tactics that had McCain having fathered a black kid when he and Cindy adopted a kid.