Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

You really believe this?

I believe that we are on I-35 north, going 100 mph, and we just left Dallas.  I see a place that SUCKS ahead, and we're careening towards it.  Yes, I see us arriving in Oklahoma, the land of suck.

Yes, we could decide to hit the brakes.  But I don't see that happening.  Yes, we could turn off and head towards Sherman, but there's no sign of that happening.  I know how to read a map, and I've been watching the driver for some time.  We're heading for OU, and we're headed there fast.  That's kinda why I've been saying that we need to change fucking course for the past couple of years now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I can see more widespread violence, but nothing civil war like.  I wasn’t around then, but older family says late 60s/1968 was still a more traumatic period and we came back.

So you see it degrading into an Erdogan/Turkey or PUTIN/RUSSIA situation?  Again, will never happen with a Republican President with 90% of media against them every step of the way.  That’s way more likely with a Dem President. 

Oh.  You think the media is going to escape this unscathed.  You're cute.  There's a reason that team Trump is focused on attacking the media.  It's literally one of the most tried-and-true plays from the fascism playbook.  Seriously, have you people never read ANYTHING?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I believe that we are on I-35 north, going 100 mph, and we just left Dallas.  I see a place that SUCKS ahead, and we're careening towards it.  Yes, I see us arriving in Oklahoma, the land of suck.

Yes, we could decide to hit the brakes.  But I don't see that happening.  Yes, we could turn off and head towards Sherman, but there's no sign of that happening.  I know how to read a map, and I've been watching the driver for some time.  We're heading for OU, and we're headed there fast.  That's kinda why I've been saying that we need to change fucking course for the past couple of years now.

Man, this is an analogy that really gives me the jibblies.  I don't wanna end up in Norman.

• Like 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

You can literally make a montage of the president of the United States calling for political violence.

Let that sink in.

And this.  Seriously.  The President.  Of the United States.  Repeatedly calling for, excusing, and praising political violence.

And WE'RE the nuts for saying "that's a real fucking problem."  Brilliant.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You can literally make a montage of the president of the United States calling for political violence.

Let that sink in.

Ok I did.

Unfortunately this is the ultimate both sides issue.  

Ever seen the #JobsNotMobs ad?

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And this.  Seriously.  The President.  Of the United States.  Repeatedly calling for, excusing, and praising political violence.

And WE'RE the nuts for saying "that's a real fucking problem."  Brilliant.

I think it’s a problem. Wish he didn’t do it, but this country survived MLK and Bobby Kennedy getting killed in the same year.  So no I don’t think we’re past the point of no return yet. 

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I would ask the same question of you.

Your party has a problem.

I can and have admitted many of Trump’s problems here.  I’m not here all the time, but I can’t recall you ever taking issue with Dems on anything.  Except maybe not “being nasty enough”?

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

I think it’s a problem. Wish he didn’t do it, but this country survived MLK and Bobby Kennedy getting killed in the same year.  So no I don’t think we’re past the point of no return yet. 

I too don't agree with the president calling for political violence, but this country survived Hurricane Katrina, the Civil War, and the reboot of Rosanne, so I think we'll be OK. Things happen and then other things happen so who's to say what's right and what's wrong? But man, it really makes you think. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

I can and have admitted many of Trump’s problems here.  I’m not here all the time, but I can’t recall you ever taking issue with Dems on anything.  Except maybe not “being nasty enough”?

Compare Donald Trump's calls for violence to anything a Democratic politician does.

Please say Maxine Waters for the lulz.

Just now, GRHorn said:

Well to be fair, the dems aren't taking sides with neonazis after they kill an american in the streets. And they aren't siding with the sauidi government after assassinating a journalist and chopping him into pieces with a bonesaw. You're not being honest if you think that nobody has been criticising the dems for things besides "being nasty enough". There's been a pretty vigorous discussion over the direction and objectives of the democratic party ever since November 2016.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I too don't agree with the president calling for political violence, but this country survived Hurricane Katrina, the Civil War, and the reboot of Rosanne, so I think we'll be OK. Things happen and then other things happen so who's to say what's right and what's wrong? But man, it really makes you think. 

I was responding directly to Brisket and concerns about inciting political violence and being past the point of no return, especially as it pertains to how this all “ends”. Hope that helps.  I like your funny posts better. 

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Both sides.

From a man who personifies a party that openly courts violence, racists, and the worst that America has to offer.

But it's both sides.

Americans are humans like all other humans throughout history and the American government is a social experiment like all other social experiments throughout history. Nothing lasts forever; or even very long.

There are many things that will lead people to popular violence. Disenfranchisement is a common one. Polarization and tribalism are others. Economic desperation is another big one.

We have plenty of the symptoms a historian would look for when trying to diagnose why a peaceful Constitutional Republic fell to widespread popular violence. Hell, we already did it once.

• Like 1

That's gotta be the first time in his life he's ever stepped foot in a Buc-ee's.  

Or bought a Shiner.

Some consultant probably told him doing these two things simultaneously made him more "authentic" as a Texan.

Yeah his campaign was tweeting the shit out of that moment. Getting a 12er of Shiner at #bucees and climbing back aboard the #cuckastexasbus that they got wrapped for the statewide 5 city tour

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I love that Ted Cruz is going to be our Senator.  For a long time. 

I root for the Hispanic immigrant with accomplishments over the privileged white male who only avoided prison due to his connections and who has “success” from his birth and marriage. 

Yeah, I can see how being "privileged" would be offensive to you.

And Cruz will only be your senator until a better opportunity comes along.  He doesn't give 1 fuck about you and yours, he only cares about the next donation. He's more worried about the Iowan than the Texan.