Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

4 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I would never call my sainted mother an idiot (j/k if you can't tell, we all have idiotic moments, parents included).

Because she is an idiot.  She's a Trumpkin who is scared of the world, who spouts bad Fox News talking points to me and trash talked her own son after the 2016 election.  She's the perfect GOP voting bloc - uneducated white middle class woman.

Edited by Js1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

just because someone vagishat you from their womb doesn't mean they get a lifetime pass on being an idiot.

Nor does me calling her an idiot mean I'm going to murder her because he read a story on the internet. 

In fact, that's the conclusion my mother would jump to.

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Because she is an idiot.  She's a Trumpkin who is scared of the world, who spouts bad Fox News talking points to me and trash talked her own son after the 2016 election.  She's the perfect GOP voting bloc - uneducated white middle class woman.

If you don't want to answer, no pressure, but how does she feel about GLBT?

Just now, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

If you don't want to answer, no pressure, but how does she feel about GLBT?

It's not discussed within the family.  She's a pretty devout Catholic - abortion is bad, gays are sinners, but please ignore her 2 divorces and that she only shows up to church on Christmas Eve and Easter Sunday.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

I don't give  a damn about who or where you worship. Man, God or Flying Spaghetti Monster. It doesn't matter even a little to me. Well, If you want to go full on throwback to being a Druid and disemboweling yourself when the harvest goes to shit....No I can't wish that upon anybody. 

I do care about who you vote for and why. Did you or did you not vote for Trump? Did you vote for Rs straight down the line? Or can you even vote in America? Tell us.

1) I’ve stated on here at least 5 times that yes I voted for Trump.

2) I typically vote for Rs. Will not vote for Paxton.  

3) Texan born and raised. 

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

My sister called her grandson at 5AM on the morning of his wedding to yell at him about how John Kerry was a fake vet and traitor. It was the morning after a Kerry/W debate and she was up early watching FOX and fuming mad.

Your sister has a grandson who was getting married in 04?  I thought you were groverat (who I tagged as late 30s).

Pretty disappointing situation.  I was driving home from work on Friday.  I get to the intersection of University and WEslayan a few blocks from my house.  On the corner is a house with a big sign out front stating their Beto sign was stolen.  I think that's a low life, horseshit move for someone to pull, stealing someone's sign and infringing on their 1st amendment.  I have  a friend working for the Beto group handing out signs.  I send her a txt about the situation, and arrange to get a new sign for this person's yard.  I acquire sign that night, and take it to the house.  The guys says thanks, and that he's had 6 people bring him signs already.  Glad to see some people found the actions to be straight horseshit as I did.  THing is, the guy has all these extra signs now, but has left out the big announcement about how shitty the other side is for stealing his sign.  I get it.  Guessing he won't update to add that there is a ton of good out there that people brought him new ones, at least one of which came from a registered Republican..  What I am getting at is it is apparent this dude is simply trying to fuel further the dialog of discord about how horrible the other side is, when he now has at least 6 examples of good.  Get over it.  Be the bigger person.  the whole climate is simply pathetic.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

Pretty disappointing situation.  I was driving home from work on Friday.  I get to the intersection of University and WEslayan a few blocks from my house.  On the corner is a house with a big sign out front stating their Beto sign was stolen.  I think that's a low life, horseshit move for someone to pull, stealing someone's sign and infringing on their 1st amendment.  I have  a friend working for the Beto group handing out signs.  I send her a txt about the situation, and arrange to get a new sign for this person's yard.  I acquire sign that night, and take it to the house.  The guys says thanks, and that he's had 6 people bring him signs already.  Glad to see some people found the actions to be straight horseshit as I did.  THing is, the guy has all these extra signs now, but has left out the big announcement about how shitty the other side is for stealing his sign.  I get it.  Guessing he won't update to add that there is a ton of good out there that people brought him new ones, at least one of which came from a registered Republican..  What I am getting at is it is apparent this dude is simply trying to fuel further the dialog of discord about how horrible the other side is, when he now has at least 6 examples of good.  Get over it.  Be the bigger person.  the whole climate is simply pathetic.  

You might consider for a moment that the fact you brought him a sign doesn't change the fact that someone trespassed on his property and stole from him. Those are both crimes and I see no reason why he should have to take that information down if the criminal has not yet been found.

If Bob goes on my property and steals my shit, the fact that pepper brooks brings me a replacement doesn't mean I forgive Bob.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

I knew from the beginning that it would turn into the guy whose sign was stolen is the REAL villain and boy oh boy I wasn't disappointed

• Like 7

"Both sides" game strong to quite strong. 8/10.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Hey can you blame him? Everyone knows that the only way to get elected in this state is to pretend to be a Mexican. Just look at who’s gotten elected in the past. That Robert O’Rourke is one smart dude. He should start wearing a sombrero around with a thick dark mustache to seal this deal. 

Not enough.  He needs the Pancho Villa style bullets draped over the shoulders as well.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

We are practically neighbors. Hello neighbor. 

Quit stealing my signs, btw. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Your mom and my mom should hang out. She insists on saying ROBERT O'Rourke over and over again like some angry toddler. Also I had no idea Beto is pretending to be Mexican. Did you guys know that? Apparently that's the big thing going around Sun City these days. Fucking christ.

there were more beto/mj signs in sun city than i'd thought would be in there.  granted i didn't drive around the whole of my parents' neighborhood and count, but it wasn't bad.  told my mom that someone had stolen her beto and mj signs. 

Edited by elfenix
i don't know why i was doing air quotes

4 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Not enough.  He needs the Pancho Villa style bullets draped over the shoulders as well.

That’s got to be worth at least 2 percentage points there. 

They should do a campaign ad with a cartoon Beto running around looking like speedy Gonzalez. Andale! Andale! Arribba! 

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

that doesn't feel like very much #twss

If it was still +9, Trump wouldn't have been needed to show up last week.

Also, the people most happy to see it +5, besides Beto: Fletcher, Allred, Ortiz Jones

4 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

He has gone beyond the normal celebrity/superstar in enriching the world around him.  I commend him for that, but he also gets a huge amount of press attention, that points out every little thing he does.  To say he is a better citizen than others who do things outside of the spotlight is a bit over the top.   I'd say he is an exemplary citizen and sets a great role model for others.  People might disagree with his message, but he comes across as sincere and educated in his delivery.  Not self serving.  

Given the choice between LeBron and Cruz, I’d choose LeBron every time.  He may not be from Texas, he doesn’t even have to live here or eve like the state, but he’d do a better job of representing Texans than Cruz.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

If it was still +9, Trump wouldn't have been needed to show up last week.

Also, the people most happy to see it +5, besides Beto: Fletcher, Allred, Ortiz Jones

Or Trump only promised to jump on board when internal polling showed Cruz would win and he could take credit for it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

My sister called her grandson at 5AM on the morning of his wedding to yell at him about how John Kerry was a fake vet and traitor. It was the morning after a Kerry/W debate and she was up early watching FOX and fuming mad.

That was some amazing propaganda at work convincing people that W was the real vet and Kerry didn't enlist for service in Vietnam.   I could be wrong but didn't W win the Congressional Medal of Honor for jumping on a grenade and rescuing 25 Hanoi Hilton prisoners while Kerry receive a dishonorable discharge?  Disclaimer:  I may have the story wrong.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

None of the polling knows how to accurately account for a huge uptick in voter turnout, especially first time voters.

I believe this is the first time Quinnipac has done polling in Texas for midterm races. This is new ground for them too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shnsajax said:

None of the polling knows how to accurately account for a huge uptick in voter turnout, especially first time voters.

I'd say they don't know how to account for the demise of land lines, either. People don't answer random cell phone calls anymore.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RPM said:

I'd say they don't know how to account for the demise of land lines, either. People don't answer random cell phone calls anymore.

Heck, I didn't even pick up when NYT/Siena called me; I think I got lucky and got re-dialed a day later.  If I see a number call me twice, I'll pick up the 2nd time.

3 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

[csb] In high school we went around one night and stole campaign signs out of everybody's yards. Then we put the whole forest of them in one guy's lawn. Pretty sure we didn't know any of the people affected.[/csb]

We did something similar in hs.  However, we’d take the sign and replace it with the competition...good times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Heck, I didn't even pick up when NYT/Siena called me; I think I got lucky and got re-dialed a day later.  If I see a number call me twice, I'll pick up the 2nd time.

Yeah, I'm pretty much unpollable.  No land line.  Don't respond to unknown texts or callers at all.  Maybe if a pollster caught me walking on the street, but even then I would probably decline.