The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

9 minutes ago, TeeDubya said:

The look of utter embarrassment on his daughter's face when it dawned on her what was happening.

She probably just noticed that her dad showed up to her graduation ceremony in an untucked golf shirt, a ball cap, and Oakleys. 

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

She probably just noticed that her dad showed up to her graduation ceremony in an untucked golf shirt, a ball cap, and Oakleys. 

Beat me to it.  He shows up at his daughter's graduation in a ball cap and Oakley's because of course he did.

Imagine being a grown ass man who worked your tail off to become the superintendent of a school district in an overwhelmingly white community, only to be humiliated and assaulted by a backwoods dumb fuck in front of literally everyone under your leadership.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 6

58 minutes ago, TeeDubya said:

The look of utter embarrassment on his daughter's face when it dawned on her what was happening.

“Why won’t my daughter talk to me anymore?????”

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

Imagine being a grown ass man who worked your tail off to become the superintendent of a school district in an overwhelmingly white community, only to be humiliated and assaulted by a backwoods dumb fuck in front of literally everyone under your leadership.

Well, you got the assault part correct.  I don't think he was humiliated, he was rather composed given the insanity of the situation.  One second, you think the Dad is rushing up there to hug the daughter or do a selfie or some other benign prank...next thing you know-you're being shoved around from a MAGA central casting member.  Superintendent will bounce back with poise.  The Dad is a piece of shit obviously.  The whole graduation, especially for grandparents in attendance, is now forever tainted.  I have no idea what the daughter's viewpoints are, but I feel bad for her.  Because she's likely on to University in a few months time.  And she'll simply be known as "Oh, you're that girl whose family attacks black men."  It will hang over her for 4-5 years, and it's gonna suck real bad.  

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Well, you got the assault part correct.  I don't think he was humiliated, he was rather composed given the insanity of the situation.  One second, you think the Dad is rushing up there to hug the daughter or do a selfie or some other benign prank...next thing you know-you're being shoved around from a MAGA central casting member.  Superintendent will bounce back with poise.  The Dad is a piece of shit obviously.  The whole graduation, especially for grandparents in attendance, is now forever tainted.  I have no idea what the daughter's viewpoints are, but I feel bad for her.  Because she's likely on to University in a few months time.  And she'll simply be known as "Oh, you're that girl whose family attacks black men."  It will hang over her for 4-5 years, and it's gonna suck real bad.  

Unlikely. We as a society are now consistently pelted with reports of terrible incidents on a daily basis and this will be yesterday's news shortly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TeeDubya said:

While there certainly was some embarrassment on her face, I saw more of  "ah... not this shit again" expression followed by resignment.  I am fairly certain my daughter would have beat the shit out of me right there on stage if I rushed the stage at her graduation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

spend anytime in most suburbs? I know a few guys that wear that outfit 365 days per year. Maybe not the Oakleys.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

While there certainly was some embarrassment on her face, I saw more of  "ah... not this shit again" expression followed by resignment.  I am fairly certain my daughter would have beat the shit out of me right there on stage if I rushed the stage at her graduation. 

Years from now, she'll be debating whether or not she wants him at her wedding.  We've all seen this story before.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I imagine that graduate has a long history of her dad embarrassing her. There's no doubt that she literally has a lifetime of hearing him spew racist crap at home.

At least she can look at graduation as a milestone in terms of getting away from him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I imagine that graduate has a long history of her dad embarrassing her. There's no doubt that she literally has a lifetime of hearing him spew racist crap at home.

At least she can look at graduation as a milestone in terms of getting away from him.

Hopefully he didn't infect her with his bullshit.  Unfortunately, that's not always the case.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Hopefully he didn't infect her with his bullshit.  Unfortunately, that's not always the case.

Some mimic their parents, other run the other directions, but in my experience most are a bit less racist than their parents.

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I think I got both parts right, but neither of us going to know for sure.  I do agree that he handled it well and probably reconciled it quickly.  

The greater point I was trying to make is that we're (myself included) so quick to turn our attention to the daughter and how horrible it must have been for her, perhaps at the expense of the primary victim, a dude who was singled out and assaulted in front of everrrrrrryyybody.  The explanation may be as simple as the fact that she's on screen the whole time, but still.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

So she posted it upside down and backwards?  Perfect analogy for the cognitive state of her husband.  

lazy image editing so it ended up backwards. I imagine the RNC has an intern in charge of their design/editing "department."

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

His grandson has already come out and said that he was tricked into saying that shit and he doesn’t support trump at all. He has dementia and radical right wing republicans tricked him into the interview

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 5

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

lazy image editing so it ended up backwards. I imagine the RNC has an intern in charge of their design/editing "department."

Well it was lazy editing.  But to be fair to the design/editing department, they haven't been paid in months because Trump left the checkbook in the other car.  

33 minutes ago, Pancho said:

His grandson has already come out and said that he was tricked into saying that shit and he doesn’t support trump at all. He has dementia and radical right wing republicans tricked him into the interview

Thanks.  That makes more sense.  

But in this timeline, it's getting harder and harder to tell. 

I can't even imagine what's going to happen once AI and Deep Fakes hit their stride.

omg some fucking jackass was waving a 'Trump was right about everything!' flag on St. Stephen's Green in fucking Dublin this afternoon. i don't even know if he was American but talk about fucking mental illness. gawd it was embarrassing. i didn't know TTomTerrific was even in Dublin!

i shot him double🖕😡 but to their credit the Irish seemed to largely ignore him.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Pancho said:

RE: "the black family was together"

Weren't black father's routinely, unjustly arrested and placed in work camps throughout the South during Jim Crow?

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, pacman said:

RE: "the black family was together"

Weren't black father's routinely, unjustly arrested and placed in work camps throughout the South during Jim Crow?

I'm sure you are familiar with the phrase "driving while black."  During that time you could add to it other fun phrases, like "Farming while black", "going to church with my family while black",  "ordering lunch while black", "breathing while black".  

So yeah, Jim Crow was just absolutely swell for black people, and clearly a fairer time.  While I myself am not black, I just can't possibly imagine that someone who is wouldn't just long for those days.  

What a fucking clown.  

• Hook 'Em 5

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

"Under Jim Crow, more Black people voted conservatively."

Hey.  Dumbass.  Under Jim Crow....BLACK PEOPLE COULDN'T FUCKING VOTE.  THAT'S KINDA ONE OF THE BIG ELEMENTS OF JIM CROW, YOU PIECE OF SHIT.

In his defense, Black people not voting is the definition of blacks voting conservatively.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Horn Dog said:

In his defense, Black people not voting is the definition of blacks voting conservatively.  

The fact that the dumbass who said this IS FUCKING BLACK is the cherry on top of this shit-sundae of a timeline.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Yeah, earlier today I saw the quote but it was without attribution.  I just assumed, 'cause I'm bigoted like that, it was some southern Republican.  Then an hour later I got it on my news feed...oh it's a Black Republican.......from where's that now?  Florida?  Simulation checks out.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, earlier today I saw the quote but it was without attribution.  I just assumed, 'cause I'm bigoted like that, it was some southern Republican.  Then an hour later I got it on my news feed...oh it's a Black Republican.......from where's that now?  Florida?  Simulation checks out.  

A black man, from the deep south, with a white wife and 2 biracial children waxing poetic about the good ole days of Jim Crow when his whole family would have been lynched.

Did not have that on my bingo card.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

"Yeah, we combed the bingo card.  And we ain't found shit!"  

I know a number of people of color, LBGTQ+, and fellow Hispanic family members who vote this way, some of them very influential in politics.  And that's wonderful, IMO.  You shouldn't just pigeonhole your vote based on race, ethnicity, sexuality, or nationality, or even religion.  Nobody should vote straight-ticket.  There is nuance, and local issues, and broader issues, and on and on.  

But seriously, a black dude from the South wanting to usher back in Jim Crow?  I mean, come the fuck on.  That's weird even for this simulation.  

• Hook 'Em 1