The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

7 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Oh for fucks sake! I didn't think maga could get any stupider. They're embracing flat earth ideas.

Fuck this simulation.

There is no bottom.

Joining Welcome Home GIF

• Like 1

Earth's shape, lame or funny? 

"Not unless round is funny."

the guy that says we're living under a dome?  wouldn't that suggest 'roundness' to some degree?  

You want to watch some heads explode, explain not only is it round, it's spherical.  And not only is it spherical, it's slightly ellipsoid.  Which these tough guy alpha males can tell by the degrees of latitude and longitude on the hunting GPS finders they sold at the pawn shop to send Trump an extra $200 this last week.  Just like their wives, the Earth is slight more round around the waistband than it is "tall"  

27 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Oh for fucks sake! I didn't think maga could get any stupider. They're embracing flat earth ideas.

Fuck this simulation.

MAGA embracing flat earth is actually the least surprising thing I've heard all week.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

God was very specific about border security, electricity, and boat motors.  Because countries, hydrocarbon energy, and powered watercraft were clearly laid out in the old Testament.  

He should know, he has "Been studying my bible for 40 years."  

Tomorrow morning, he gets to wake up and go buy some guns because he's clearly not batshit fucking insane.  

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

MAGA embracing flat earth is actually the least surprising thing I've heard all week.

That and faking the Apollo moon landings, the greatest achievement in human history.  They want to take that away from the USA, even though, you know, the Soviets and Chinese would have said something back in 1969 instead of inviting the Apollo 11 astronauts to visit on a goodwill tour.

Because MAGA doesn't want America to be great.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

The dumbest fucking people alive ….

These people are such good marks. Their beliefs are already baked in. Someone else did the hard repetitive work of baking in the narrative.

Just parrot the narrative and sell them shit.

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

faking the Apollo moon landings, the greatest achievement in human history.  

I'm surprised that anyone here is surprised at the levels of idiocy in America, MAGA, and GQP.

— These two tables are from 2016 and 2018.

I’ll say it again …. our traditional secular public school/education systems are utterly overwhelmed …. by conspiracy, paranormal, anti-science idiocy spewing from TV, Hollywood, Sunday School, and throughout social media. 

The idiocy is no longer fringe dudes. The idiocy is now mainstream America. 

Conspiracies2016.jpg

Paranormal.jpg

Edited by BevoAbyss

1 hour ago, BevoAbyss said:

I'm surprised that anyone here is surprised at the levels of idiocy in America, MAGA, and GQP.

— These two tables are from 2016 and 2018.

I’ll say it again …. our traditional secular public school/education systems are utterly overwhelmed …. by conspiracy, paranormal, anti-science idiocy spewing from TV, Hollywood, Sunday School, and throughout social media. 

The idiocy is no longer fringe dudes. The idiocy is now mainstream America. 

Conspiracies2016.jpg

Paranormal.jpg

Without seeing the actual questions and the sampling population (i.e. olds with land lines) it is difficult to draw the conclusion that this represents a true picture of American beliefs on these topics.

Further, there may be some nuance that brings in more affirmative replies. For example, one might beleive that at some point, the government has withheld information on climate change so as not cause alarm rather than pushing a climate change agenda for various nefarious purposes such as taxation, control, or new world order.

One could also beleive that JFK was killed by a lone gunman acting alone and that a conspiracy exists to cover up security incompetence. Similar could be said of 9/11, without venturing into implosion conspiracies or other such nonsense.

Also, ancient civilizations have existed and we find out new shit about them all of the time. Atlantis is a myth, but many others are not.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Without seeing the actual questions and the sampling population (i.e. olds with land lines) it is difficult to draw the conclusion that this represents a true picture of American beliefs on these topics.

Further, there may be some nuance that brings in more affirmative replies. For example, one might beleive that at some point, the government has withheld information on climate change so as not cause alarm rather than pushing a climate change agenda for various nefarious purposes such as taxation, control, or new world order.

One could also beleive that JFK was killed by a lone gunman acting alone and that a conspiracy exists to cover up security incompetence. Similar could be said of 9/11, without venturing into implosion conspiracies or other such nonsense.

Also, ancient civilizations have existed and we find out new shit about them all of the time. Atlantis is a myth, but many others are not.

Someone reach out to jiggy he’s at risk!!

Jk I agree 

2 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Further, there may be some nuance that brings in more affirmative replies.

With all due respect, the supposed “nuance" does not explain away the stats in those tables. That data is not same random snapshot of idiocy in America.  

Richard Hostadter wrote about anti-intellectualism in the 1960s. Carl Sagan warned us of anti-science, pseudoscience, and rising stupidity in the 1990s. Since then, there have many books documenting various aspects of the growth of overall idiocy in America. 

Pseudoscience, anti-intellectualism, and overall idiocy in America has been an interest of mine going back to 1990s. I’ve read the top row of books and Hofstadter. I found the others (and many more) in 5 minutes in Amazon. 

Now these people are one election away from installing an idiot world dictatorship — led by a orange fascist lunatic, convicted felon, serial liar, misogynous, reality-TV star. 

So much for "nuance."

IdiotWorldBooks.jpg

Edited by BevoAbyss

2 hours ago, BevoAbyss said:

With all due respect, the supposed “nuance" does not explain away the stats in those tables. That data is not same random snapshot of idiocy in America.  

Richard Hostadter wrote about anti-intellectualism in the 1960s. Carl Sagan warned us of anti-science, pseudoscience, and rising stupidity in the 1990s. Since then, there have many books documenting various aspects of the growth of overall idiocy in America. 

Pseudoscience, anti-intellectualism, and overall idiocy in America has been an interest of mine going back to 1990s. I’ve read the top row of books and Hofstadter. I found the others (and many more) in 5 minutes in Amazon. 

Now these people are one election away from installing an idiot world dictatorship — led by a orange fascist lunatic, convicted felon, serial liar, misogynous, reality-TV star. 

So much for "nuance."

IdiotWorldBooks.jpg

I don't disagree with any of this.

My first point was that we don't know who was sampled. We need look no further than election polling to tell us that there may be selection bias which may skew results.

My second point was that there may be elements of more mundane conspiracies wrapped up in the truly bogus conspiracy theories or beliefs.

For example, there is simply no fucking way that 54% of Americans believe that 9/11 was an inside job, planned by our government, with controlled demolition, and a couple of misses to make it beleivable.

I would expect the actual % to be more in line with Bigfoot or faked moon landing numbers.

However, if the 9/11 "conspiracy" means that there was a probable cover up of the incompetence involved in monitoring the hijackers' activities, providing realistic threat assesments, and learning from the attempted bombing in 1993, then I think that is where some of the high % comes from. That and, again, the people who were polled.

Also, with some of the more supernatural stuff, the results are not a stretch. Our own president is a practicing catholic who beleives that Jesus was raised from the dead, transsubtantiation, and biblical prophecy.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

This.  Who is surprised by this?  These are the DUMBEST people we have.  The absolute dumbest.  The bottom. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

she seems to have gotten angrier and more strident lately, raising her voice a lot more, using actual profanity with the press...her rage is ramping up.

i don't think it's an act with her, i think she is a legitimate loony-tunes true believer, which makes her more dangerous than someone like Boebert or Cruz. i wouldn't be shocked if she flips out for real at some point and physically attacks AOC or Crockett or somebody. she's nuts.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

24 minutes ago, mchookem said:

she seems to have gotten angrier and more strident lately, raising her voice a lot more, using actual profanity with the press...her rage is ramping up.

i don't think it's an act with her, i think she is a legitimate loony-tunes true believer, which makes her more dangerous than someone like Boebert or Cruz. i wouldn't be shocked if she flips out for real at some point and physically attacks AOC or Crockett or somebody. she's nuts.

Definitely.

For one thing, though, she's getting pushback now from her own party at times.  I think that's what's driving her anger and stridency.

Boebert is dumb as a bag of hair, but not nearly as angry.  Felito may be one of the smartest guys in American politics, currently, his whole schtick is a bit.

I'm not sure who is more disgusting and contemptible.  The mind bottles.

49 minutes ago, mchookem said:

It’s gonna happen and I got money on it… 

IMG_7139.gif.897ce6fa65b4338dd6a5c5513f37b74c.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, mchookem said:

Like dropping off a pipe bomb?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Squeezing out a massive clogger from too much whey protein 

This leads to a question I have had since trying to read the stupid things my wife said thread on Lulz. Is that what a poop knife is for?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

Testosterone and HGH make you ragey. 

• Like 1