The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

I love baseball, but the players are mostly not very smart. I would bet they go about 70/30 maga

In my previous line of work, I interviewed pro athletes in all the major sports. Baseball players were without a doubt the dumbest and least friendly of them all.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

In my previous line of work, I interviewed pro athletes in all the major sports. Baseball players were without a doubt the dumbest and least friendly of them all.

I've mentioned it on this site somewhere in the past, but for about a month when my wife went to grad school, I worked at a company in Dallas that was borderline fraudulent, selling online advertising space.  There were multiple ex-Texas and other college baseball players working there.  If you've ever seen the Telemarketers documentary on HBO, it was basically the same thing.

These are not good and not smart people.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I love this "least qualified" thing that gets bandied about WRT to Kamala Harris. Let's talk about "least qualified" for a second. Kamala went to law school and got her degree. She passed the BAR. She was an Attorney General and US Senator from California. Contrast that to her opponent -- inherited $400M from his dad and blew it all. Has bankrupted at least six businesses. Reinvented himself as a reality TV star. Serial cheater, convicted felon, business/tax cheat and so on and so forth.

The other side can take "least qualified" and shove it straight up their asses.

You're doing that logic thing again.  They exclude facts, science and logic since they don't help their narratives.  Remember, every accusation is a confession. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I love this "least qualified" thing that gets bandied about WRT to Kamala Harris. Let's talk about "least qualified" for a second. Kamala went to law school and got her degree. She passed the BAR. She was an Attorney General and US Senator from California. Contrast that to her opponent -- inherited $400M from his dad and blew it all. Has bankrupted at least six businesses. Reinvented himself as a reality TV star. Serial cheater, convicted felon, business/tax cheat and so on and so forth.

Just looking for any and all sound bites to feed the plebs watching fox news 24/7. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I've mentioned it on this site somewhere in the past, but for about a month when my wife went to grad school, I worked at a company in Dallas that was borderline fraudulent, selling online advertising space.  There were multiple ex-Texas and other college baseball players working there.  If you've ever seen the Telemarketers documentary on HBO, it was basically the same thing.

These are not good and not smart people.

About 20 years ago I worked with a company that had an job placement deal with a firm that represented MLB players union.  Mind you, many of these guys didn't make the millions most all these guys do now.  To say that they were clueless and lost would be a bit of an understatement.  I do have to imagine that after spending your whole life being told how great you are, then to suddenly have that gone, would be tough.  The ultimate problem for most them was that they aren't grounded in any sort of reality beyond baseball.  No experience = CEO in 6 months!  I walked away from that with the impression that many of these guys are functionally illiterate.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

Dude. You don't get it. She's Black-Not-Black. 

3 hours ago, BamaATL said:

About 20 years ago I worked with a company that had an job placement deal with a firm that represented MLB players union.  Mind you, many of these guys didn't make the millions most all these guys do now.  To say that they were clueless and lost would be a bit of an understatement.  I do have to imagine that after spending your whole life being told how great you are, then to suddenly have that gone, would be tough.  The ultimate problem for most them was that they aren't grounded in any sort of reality beyond baseball.  No experience = CEO in 6 months!  I walked away from that with the impression that many of these guys are functionally illiterate.  

Counterpoint: I gotta stick up for the college baseball players I taught. They were smarter than the average Freshman mouth-breather, quick with a joke, scored high on the subject matter. But I've had multiple concussions so who knows.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Counterpoint: I gotta stick up for the college baseball players I taught. They were smarter than the average Freshman mouth-breather, quick with a joke, scored high on the subject matter. But I've had multiple concussions so who knows.

It's probably a pretty mixed bag now.  Given the time period (guys with careers in the 80s and early 90s), most of the players likely never spent a day on a college campus, which is considerably different than today.  

• Hook 'Em 3

regardless of these dipshit guys that sprung this convo, i will note that most baseball players i have encountered in years of playing and otherwise have been absolute neanderthal morons.

exception to that was chris carmichael was in all my upper division econ classes at ut with me and he was a pretty sharp dude. and he jacked a monster 3 run hr to seal the deal for the 2002 national championship game so he's cool.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

You're doing that logic thing again.  They exclude facts, science and logic since they don't help their narratives.  Remember, every accusation is a confession. 

Play to that thought process.  Tell all of your MAGA relatives how a Trump administration is going to work to cut Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid and redirect the money to the military, because too many old people are leeches on society and too many illegals are collecting Social Security/Medicare/Medicaid, and God bless our soldiers (the non-woke ones) and then send them clips of speeches from all of the Republicans who want to cut those programs.  Tell them to show up in November if they care about our military and care about cutting back on welfare programs like Social Security and Medicare,

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, C-Man said:

She was also vice-president for four years. It's like when Hillary was called unqualified, running against a former reality show star (first lady, senator, Sec of State). It's like there's a common theme or something.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

This baseball players are idiots is tough to read. I played baseball in college. And I are smarter than y’all is, by leeps and bonds.

I knowed you wuz. I tolt em so, but they's all uppity.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

This baseball players are idiots is tough to read. I played baseball in college. And I are smarter than y’all is, by leeps and bonds.

Fer sure.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I love baseball, but the players are mostly not very smart. I would bet they go about 70/30 maga

I had a great conversation with the Director of Major League Operations for the Mets at dinner one night. She echoed that sentiment. Dumb with zero social awareness was the takeaway.

On 7/20/2024 at 4:26 PM, tx 3 putt said:

IMG_1181.jpeg

This is how you grift. Striking image that cult members want. About 12-13 distinct colors so you can easily do color separations by hand, knock out a few hundred prints in a few days, enough to fill the pre-orders at say $300 apiece, say gross about 60K in a week or so, knock off 2 thou for racker monkeys (tops), 4 thou for postage, and a few hundred for inks and archival paper. Call it 50K profit even if you only sell 200. Easier than printing money.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

15 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

You're talking about Trump's base.  They aren't the target audience.

Edited by jimmyjazz