The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

19 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I won't presume to know what persons of color like in particular, but attendance at the Yee-Haw! Negro Outreach Event seems to indicate that this ain't it.

11 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Oh good,

both sides guy is back. 

The country is so poloarized.

spacer.png

11 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

This place would be much better if there were more of me around but yea I’m sorry this is a one sided one think place like everyone says it is….  I leave.   Y’all just keep slapping yourselfs on the back for the one thought y’all agree on over and over. 

Everyone around you says it is.

image.png.6542d810a7da7c80c70d079e7f9d921c.png

Here's an example of a fairly extreme progressive policy:  open borders.

It doesn't get tossed out too much in the immigration discussions, just in passing really.  There's mild discussion of it and that's it.  None of the discussions are explicitly OpEN BoARdERs vs. BuILd tEh WaLl.

The Biden-Harris administration does not favor open borders.  Biden reversed Trump's inhumane, but effective deterrent, immigration policies.  That's.  It.  And, their reputation as anti-Trump brought more people to the border, whether they knew what changes Biden would make or not.

Whatever I think of immigration policy, I'm not in favor of inhumanity, no matter how effective it may be.  That includes shipping immigants to other states as some form of punishment.

• Hook 'Em 4

Offered as proof that people are pouring across the border are data that shows more people being detained than previously, and more drugs being confiscated than previously.  Unsure how catching more stuff means you are letting more stuff in, I guess the assumption is that the ratio of caught to not caught is static?  

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Calling relatives stupid isn't going to help anything except make you feel better in the short term. And if you don't want to interact with them, then just don't. 

You know what?  This brings up something that's been grinding the fuck out of my gears lately.

When exactly did it become uncouth to call people out for being idiots, PARTICULARLY if THEY bring up their bullshit beliefs first?  In my experience, the magats do this all the time.  At every family function lately there are at least one or two mentions of illegal immigrants or "my president" (directed at me) or some other Fox News trope.  I ignore it and move on, but I'm getting a little fucking tired of it.

I don't bring up politics at all at these functions, even though I would LOVE to point out that these people are being fucking idiots and believe insane bullshit that isn't reality.  But I don't.  I keep my mouth shut in order to maintain the peace and keep the wife happy.  Yet for some reason, they get away with this shit.  Generally, I'm the youngest person in these situations and somehow I'm the one that is supposed to be an adult.

If dotard wins in November, the gloves are fucking coming off.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

You know what?  This brings up something that's been grinding the fuck out of my gears lately.

When exactly did it become uncouth to call people out for being idiots, PARTICULARLY if THEY bring up their bullshit beliefs first?  In my experience, the magats do this all the time.  At every family function lately there are at least one or two mentions of illegal immigrants or "my president" (directed at me) or some other Fox News trope.  I ignore it and move on, but I'm getting a little fucking tired of it.

I don't bring up politics at all at these functions, even though I would LOVE to point out that these people are being fucking idiots and believe insane bullshit that isn't reality.  But I don't.  I keep my mouth shut in order to maintain the peace and keep the wife happy.  Yet for some reason, they get away with this shit.  Generally, I'm the youngest person in these situations and somehow I'm the one that is supposed to be an adult.

If dotard wins in November, the gloves are fucking coming off.

Why wait for the outcome of the election? If anything, now is the time to stand up to that bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

This was the plan in 2020 until Fox News called Arizona and even Murdoch wouldn't back down from the call. If CNN or MSNBC would have called AZ, Trump wouldn't have cared and it would have just been proof how the MSM hates him. But Fox News took the wind out of his sails by declaring AZ for Biden. Honesty it felt premature for them to call it for Biden but damn if they weren't right.

If any of the battleground states report at the same time that Trump is leading, he will declare that he won.

I imagine there have already been talks with Fox News to stay out of calling the battle ground states. Trump doesn't need them to call the states for him, he just can't have them calling them for Harris. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Calling relatives stupid isn't going to help anything except make you feel better in the short term. And if you don't want to interact with them, then just don't. 

I’ve read his post three times. I still can’t find where he advocates calling his relatives stupid. 

On 7/28/2024 at 1:29 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

But when Trump gets back into office, they and their meemaws are going to be invited to the secret underground base for free treatments.

Sounds like socialized medicine.

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’ve read his post three times. I still can’t find where he advocates calling his relatives stupid. 

I didn’t call her stupid (I rarely ever get to that point with relatives), but I was making a not-so-subtle point that she and every other MAGA type surrounds themselves with stupidity (insert Arkansas joke here).  If she had asked me why I said those things, I would have gladly told her that I was joking about how I’ve heard members of her party, including politicians, including Trump bring up those things or appealing to people who believe those things, and that it’s problematic.

She chose to stay silent/change the topic, so either I truly confused her (possible based on her daughter contacting me) or the gears were grinding and because Harris believes in A, she is duty bound to believe in B, and that the opposite is true. For a long time she had a profile photo with a “LGB” hat if that says anything, and it wasn’t like I brought politics up and she changed the topic - I’m one of the few independent/liberal relatives she still talks to and probably only because we had a friendly rivalry that goes back to the SWC days of Arky and UT.

I think we should all be engaging in some form of what @Biff Tannen is talking about, because most of us have been giving these people, relatives, friends, etc. a free-pass, and remaining silent emboldens a lot of them.  

We don’t have to call them stupid either (many will dig in/double down if we do that and name calling is what they like to do anyways), we just have to point out the more ridiculous things about their party and their leaders.

For example, if you have a MAGA relative who is going out fishing in a boat, just tell them “hey, I want you to be careful because you know, President Trump has some ties to MIT and he gave a couple of speeches warning that if people in a boat with batteries sink, they could be electrocuted, and I know you have batteries in your boat for your trolling motor and your other gear, so please watch this Trump speech I’m sending you before you go out.”  Act earnest, don’t laugh or anything. Just send them the video. Put the ball in their court.  Let them know this is the person they support. If they say that’s stupid, ask them why they think Trump is stupid.  

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I can no longer decipher parody from reality, since I’m unsure in this instance. 

He's trying to satirize Democratic claims about Project 2025. He just sucks ass at it and it comes across as extra-stupid from a guy who posts "Civil War!" every other month. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

29 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

He's trying to satirize Democratic claims about Project 2025. He just sucks ass at it and it comes across as extra-stupid from a guy who posts "Civil War!" every other month. 

So weird. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Fairly stunning to hear Cavuto(?) say it that plainly. How is he still employed there?

cavuto has been critical of trump before...he is a country club republican that is part of the we regret taking the joker off the leash types.

trump spent like half a rally back in 2020 slamming cavuto.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have my gratitude.

These are lost drunken Republicans who don't know where they are, but do care! And these are Republicans who know where they are and care, but don't drink.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I can no longer decipher parody from reality, since I’m unsure in this instance. 

Blue checkmark - check
American flag in profile pic - check
Looks like incel - check
Delusional right-winger actually believing what they wrote - confirmed

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

At this point, whenever I see someone like this, and we all do, I just pity them.  It's the local idiot, making sure that loud and clear we all know who they are.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, tchookem said:
On 7/28/2024 at 2:02 AM, atomheartbevo said:
Did one of them have gold fringe on it?

The guy acouple streets over put up another 2 flags. So now, when we're leaving the neighborhood, we get to see 5 flags on his fence.

Just walk your dog over there and let it shit in his yard.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

At this point, whenever I see someone like this, and we all do, I just pity them.  It's the local idiot, making sure that loud and clear we all know who they are.  

It's the idiot who paid somebody a bunch of money for that stuff, hopefully somebody who unlike like me or brisket, got off their asses and decided to grift the MAGA types.  And he's committing some flag desecration in the process, so he's not very patriotic.

And he's going to have to pay that person for more stuff because the Democrats just said no to Joe, so now he has to get a bunch of Kamala Harris stuff, while trying not to be too racist about it (already calling her a hoe is a poor start for him).  And now he's stuck for the time being supporting a couch fucker.  Unbeknownst to him, assuming he has a daughter or two, they will most likely grow up and bang Black guys in high school and/or college, because kids growing up in that environment are going to seek out the thing their daddies don't like.

• Like 1