The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

Yep.  I should say, in fairness to James Moylan, that he's  going back and forth from Guam- so similar situation as Sablan.

Did we ever anchor that place down properly, or is that for the next infrastructure bill?

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 2

Not sure how many of y'all remember Royce White as a basketball player. But as a Rockets fan, I remember when we drafted him. He had serious mental health issues, played about 10 minutes in the NBA before fizzling out. 

And now all these years later, he is a Trumper candidate for Minnesota Senator. Sounds about right.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Not sure how many of y'all remember Royce White as a basketball player. But as a Rockets fan, I remember when we drafted him. He had serious mental health issues, played about 10 minutes in the NBA before fizzling out. 

And now all these years later, he is a Trumper candidate for Minnesota Senator. Sounds about right.

I mean I assume he's running in a district where he's going to get crushed. 

Sweet Christ, wokeness didn't kill country music. Corporations killed country music by making everyone cookie cutter and having them do nothing but namedrop products and things that showcase the American way of life like trucks, guns, beer, etc. It's selling nostalgia. No wonder it's popular with a certain set of people who vote for MAGA candidates. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Sweet Christ, wokeness didn't kill country music. Corporations killed country music by making everyone cookie cutter and having them do nothing but namedrop products and things that showcase the American way of life like trucks, guns, beer, etc. It's selling nostalgia. No wonder it's popular with a certain set of people who vote for MAGA candidates. 

Tom T Hall said he checked out in the early 80s when they started focus-grouping all the songs. He went on to get tons of awards for writing bluegrass songs so I think I believe he was right.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

GOP AGs sue to overturn Biden EO making voter registration easier. Obama federal judge hearing case. 

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/14/politics/republicans-voting-lawsuit-biden-executive-order/index.html

A group of Republican state attorneys general are suing the Biden administration over a federal effort to expand access to voter registration.

The lawsuit targets an executive order issued by President Joe Biden in March 2021 that directed the heads of all federal agencies to submit proposals for their respective agencies to promote voter registration and participation through various points of contact with the public. The president issued the order as GOP-led statehouses were pushing voter suppression legislation in the aftermath of the 2020 election.

The fresh attack on a three-and-a-half-year-old executive order underscores Republican plans to scrutinize ahead of the November election actions Democrats have taken to make it easier to vote, particularly after the last presidential election, in which efforts to make voting easier during the pandemic became a major flashpoint.

The nine Republican attorneys general who filed the lawsuit in federal court argue that Biden exceeded his authority when he issued the directive, which they also say violates the US Constitution and “undermines the voter registration systems set up by the States.”

• Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, Orale said:

The nine Republican attorneys general who filed the lawsuit in federal court argue that Biden exceeded his authority when he issued the directive, which they also say violates the US Constitution and “undermines the voter registration systems set up by the States.”

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, mdmost said:

I'm offended

You left out Applebees.  

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2024 at 12:13 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

JHC- has John Rich ever heard a Johnny Cash song?

God I wish I was stoned.

"wishing Lord that I was stoned"

Edited by Bullneck
Listened to the song; edited for accuracy
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

fc4a26b8-5319-42a3-9608-b4ae1714241a_tex

I can’t read / I had some beers…..

I read it as Siberia. 

Even my drunk ass brain couldn’t fathom another random Country being blamed. 

I thought that surly they’re saying Siberia that’s in Russia. 

Sport Fail GIF by Worldstar Hip Hop

• Haha 1