The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

I've wondered this about the Adam and Eve stuff.   

• If there were other animals in the Garden of Eden, were there mating/breeding pairs or just male animals like Adam.  If it was just males, when God created Eve, did he create all of the rest of the female animals?  If he created mating/breeding pairs, then that means all animals alive today evolved from just 2 animals.  That's a lot of inbreeding.
  • The Garden of Eden would have been somewhere in proximity to the Levant.   How did animals that only live in North and South America get there?  
  • Were animals that God created in the Garden sin free as well until Adam and Eve fucked around and found?  Does that mean that a loving and benevolent God doomed all of his creations to lives of pain and death only because his humans fucked up?  Or did the other animals in the Garden live and die there meaning he made things expendable.  
  • Why didn't God create Adam, and Eve, without the ability to sin?
  • Why tempt them?

Maybe Depeche Mode was right...  God's got a sick sense of humor.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, Bojack said:

I've always thought jizz jars were as weird as it gets. Maga is about to plummet into even stranger places. God damn. Repeatedly praising Hannibal Lecter during  speeches. All this icky JD Vance stuff. I honestly can't wait to see what comes next from this array of creeps. 

Go watch or read Handmaids Tale. That’s what’s next. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, Macanudo said:

• If there were other animals in the Garden of Eden, were there mating/breeding pairs or just male animals like Adam.  If it was just males, when God created Eve, did he create all of the rest of the female animals?  If he created mating/breeding pairs, then that means all animals alive today evolved from just 2 animals.  That's a lot of inbreeding.
  • The Garden of Eden would have been somewhere in proximity to the Levant.   How did animals that only live in North and South America get there?  
  • Were animals that God created in the Garden sin free as well until Adam and Eve fucked around and found?  Does that mean that a loving and benevolent God doomed all of his creations to lives of pain and death only because his humans fucked up?  Or did the other animals in the Garden live and die there meaning he made things expendable.  
  • Why tempt them?

The simplest answer is that it’s all a myth created by Bronze Age tribesmen who didn’t know where the sun goes at night. In the version of the story where man is created first and woman is created later to keep him company, I think it’s implied that the animals are created in both genders as you’d expect. I don’t think the original audience was expected to take any of it literally. By creating man first, in the image of God, the man is placed in a position of superiority over the woman. The role of the woman to serve the man is a common theme throughout scripture (and the church). But if you take it literally then it makes one wonder if Adam was created with nipples and, better yet, functional testes. Why would he need the ability to create sperm if there was no female counterpart yet to produce fertile eggs? And the nipples especially would seem to have been purely decorative.

As for where all the animals are placed, a better question is why, after the great flood when all the animals in the world found their way to Noah’s ark, did they all find their way back to the part of the world that is their exclusive domain? Every single species of lemur traveled to Madagascar and none of them settled anywhere else along the way. All of the kangaroos went to Australia. Never mind why. How? That’s a tough trip to make for an intrepid marsupial. But of course the authors of the story had no idea how big the world is nor how many species of animal there were so they designed an ark that wouldn’t be large enough to hold them all in the first place. And it did t matter because the story wasn’t supposed to be taken literally anyway. It’s like how we have the story of the stork delivering newborn babies. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The simplest answer is that it’s all a myth created by Bronze Age tribesmen who didn’t know where the sun goes at night. In the version of the story where man is created first and woman is created later to keep him company, I think it’s implied that the animals are created in both genders as you’d expect. I don’t think the original audience was expected to take any of it literally. By creating man first, in the image of God, the man is placed in a position of superiority over the woman. The role of the woman to serve the man is a common theme throughout scripture (and the church). But if you take it literally then it makes one wonder if Adam was created with nipples and, better yet, functional testes. Why would he need the ability to create sperm if there was no female counterpart yet to produce fertile eggs? And the nipples especially would seem to have been purely decorative.

As for where all the animals are placed, a better question is why, after the great flood when all the animals in the world found their way to Noah’s ark, did they all find their way back to the part of the world that is their exclusive domain? Every single species of lemur traveled to Madagascar and none of them settled anywhere else along the way. All of the kangaroos went to Australia. Never mind why. How? That’s a tough trip to make for an intrepid marsupial. But of course the authors of the story had no idea how big the world is nor how many species of animal there were so they designed an ark that wouldn’t be large enough to hold them all in the first place. And it did t matter because the story wasn’t supposed to be taken literally anyway. It’s like how we have the story of the stork delivering newborn babies. 

Not to turn this into another one of "those" threads, but I can remember as a very small child wondering if I was being gaslit by adults on this stuff, because it was so obviously ridiculous. Like, "Are they just pretending this is real? Like Santa Claus?". I just couldn't fathom grown adults buying any of this.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Not to turn this into another one of "those" threads, but I can remember as a very small child wondering if I was being gaslit by adults on this stuff, because it was so obviously ridiculous. Like, "Are they just pretending this is real? Like Santa Claus?". I just couldn't fathom grown adults buying any of this.

Wait... What is this shit about Santa?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

45 minutes ago, Red Five said:

“Jesus turned water into wine. Praise the Lord!”

David Copperfield made the Statue of Liberty disappear. Is he an even more powerful god than Jesus?

”Uh… but Jesus forgave your sins. Hallelujah!”

Oh cool. So I have a free pass to do whatever immoral shit I want now without consequence?

”Well, no. But, um, Jesus conquered death. Can I get an ‘amen?’”

He did? That’s cool. So no one dies anymore?

”Uh, I mean, not exactly… we all still die. Like 100% of us. But have you heard the Good News?”

The news about the sleight of hand party trick? Not sure I’d call that “good” or even really that interesting. Do you mean the sin amnesty fake-out? Or the complete swing-and-a-miss on immortality? 

“You wouldn’t ask so many dumb questions if we put God back in schools.”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

And then you grow up and find that they still believe it. That it wasn’t just a stora they were telling to the kids. They actually believe in the literal truth of the Adam and Eve story. So they refuse to believe in the scientific truth of evolutionary biology. And because of that they try to prevent evolution from being taught in schools, or they send their kids to private religious schools where it won’t be taught. And then try to divert tax dollars from the public schools to pay for their private religious schools. 

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

They actually believe in the literal truth of the Adam and Eve story. So they refuse to believe in the scientific truth of evolutionary biology.

You do realize that a large faction of Christians don't believe that whatsoever, right?  They see the Old Testament (Adam & Eve, Noah's Ark, all the bullshit in Leviticus) as allegorical at best.

I'm not saying you should laud them for believing the New Testament teachings, but at least don't paint with such a broad brush regarding the WHOLE thing.  Not all Christians are the same.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Do you guys spend this much time analyzing jack and the beanstalk? Its a fucking fairy tale. Thats all ya got to say. 

Is that the one with where Storm Daniels takes on all cummers?

44 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Do you guys spend this much time analyzing jack and the beanstalk? Its a fucking fairy tale. Thats all ya got to say. 

There aren’t people who believe in the literal truth of Jack and the Beanstalk and are forcing it to be taught as truth in public schools. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

You do realize that a large faction of Christians don't believe that whatsoever, right?  They see the Old Testament (Adam & Eve, Noah's Ark, all the bullshit in Leviticus) as allegorical at best.
I'm not saying you should laud them for believing the New Testament teachings, but at least don't paint with such a broad brush regarding the WHOLE thing.  Not all Christians are the same.

No but every member of my nutbag Baptist family would be perfectly fine with the story of Adam and Eve being taught in history classes.
  • Hook 'Em 2

So it’s my opinion the Adam & Eve story is akin to what Plato would refer to as “the noble lie.”  Pretty much every civilization that has ever existed has come up with some mythological bullshit origin story to give the common clay some collective sense of shared history.  Almost like it’s a necessary evil of sorts to have some explanation of existence even if completely untrue.  It’s also my opinion the Adam & Eve story is an exceptionally bad origin story. 

On 8/17/2024 at 6:59 AM, Pancho said:

Oh man, few things have ever been funnier than the amount of knuckle dragging morons in SoCal who thought that the Newsom recall had a real chance. Dozens of Joe Rogan podcast aficionados reminding everyone in their workplace to vote. Only to lose like 87-13. The dejection and mumbling about Soros money the morning after...good times.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

45 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Oh I don’t know. I thought the part where God went up to Adam and was like “How much for just one rib?” was pretty funny. 

Pour it in my hands for a dime

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

Humans are on planet Earth by the end of the first chapter in Genesis. Adam is not mentioned in Gen 1.

The parable of Eden is the subject of Gen 2.

Adam is not necessarily a human, rather Adam is Man. He represents the evolved homo erectus, with our self awareness

11 hours ago, Macanudo said:

• Why tempt them?

Exodus 33:12-23:  Basically Moses asks to see God, but God only wants him to check out his backside.   I guess He was working out or got a cute new outfit to accentuate His assets.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Oh I don’t know. I thought the part where God went up to Adam and was like “How much for just one rib?” was pretty funny. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSratGCLWRSAV9bV9qhtYj

Edited by Nivek
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So who is Adam’s mother? 

Adam isn’t one person. He represents the species that is capable of self awareness and the ability to comprehend God (the universe; both seen and unseen.)

That awareness evolved inside a creature already possessing instincts for survival. The Fall of the parable is an attempt to separate those impulses, such as self preservation, aka original sin, from the morality that derives from the newly developed self awareness.

The quince (apple) from the tree of knowledge. Becoming self aware. Focusing on logical inconsistency is not the path to understanding the parable.

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 4/3/2024 at 8:30 PM, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

My sister isn’t QAnon but she is generic Trumptard.  Aggie of course.  She just reposted this on Facebook.  

three things:

I care about her so pointing out she’s regarded isn’t an option. I feel like they leverage that fact all the time.  It’s impolite to point out they are dumb so dumbness just keeps spreading. 

You see dumb shit on FB all the time, but how dumb can we get that she doesn’t realize the very fact that she’s seeing the post means it’s not banned. 

It isn’t enough to just post the Lord’s Prayer. You have to do it in a manner that says you’re sticking it to your perceived enemy. She is a fairly devout woman, but it honestly makes me wonder how much is a facade for some other purposes. 

I post something on FB.  I don’t want to dox myself so I won’t say it exactly, but it is very very mild political comment, which is definitely a first for me. Up to now I’ve been strict 0 politics on FB.  The comment though is about discouraging certain negativity from entering politics, and aimed at no side in particular, at least not explicitly.* it was so mild that I get the ol’ “like” from everyone across the political spectrum, 100% certain trump voters included.  

My sister has the temerity to tell me not to post politics.  Some of her previous posts:

image.thumb.jpeg.c6d70787869fb101389d2d0d96ebf610.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.10940477c81c0a5631c6df9834df404a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6231eb4562e5fa22c3235ad0f00cfe9c.jpeg

Again, the situation is as my previous quoted post.  It would be very easy to post those images in response to her telling me to keep politics off Facebook. That would only fracture our relationship. The onus is ALWAYS on the other side to be the bigger man in a MAGA v reality dispute.  

It just makes me not respect her.  It’s sad.  I know she’s left self awareness behind.  I know she’s so fragile that my innocuous comment got her riled up. I question her intelligence. I know that’s there is 0.0% chance that she’d see her previous posts and think “oops, I was out of line and wrong.”

*I’ll admit that my initial comment was not 100% innocent.  The topic was aimed at bad behavior that the right does more of than the left. And their increasing reliance on that tactic spurred me to post it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Adam isn’t one person. He represents the species that is capable of self awareness and the ability to comprehend God (the universe; both seen and unseen.)

That awareness evolved inside a creature already possessing instincts for survival. The Fall of the parable is an attempt to separate those impulses, such as self preservation, aka original sin, from the morality that derives from the newly developed self awareness.

The quince (apple) from the tree of knowledge. Becoming self aware. Focusing on logical inconsistency is not the path to understanding the parable.

This is pretty similar to how my children were taught. Although, the Tree of Knowledge represented the knowledge of moral choices. Knowing right from wrong and making moral choices. Similarly, it was the evolution of awareness.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I post something on FB.  I don’t want to dox myself so I won’t say it exactly, but it is very very mild political comment, which is definitely a first for me. Up to now I’ve been strict 0 politics on FB.  The comment though is about discouraging certain negativity from entering politics, and aimed at no side in particular, at least not explicitly.* it was so mild that I get the ol’ “like” from everyone across the political spectrum, 100% certain trump voters included.  

My sister has the temerity to tell me not to post politics.  Some of her previous posts:

Again, the situation is as my previous quoted post.  It would be very easy to post those images in response to her telling me to keep politics off Facebook. That would only fracture our relationship. The onus is ALWAYS on the other side to be the bigger man in a MAGA v reality dispute.  

It just makes me not respect her.  It’s sad.  I know she’s left self awareness behind.  I know she’s so fragile that my innocuous comment got her riled up. I question her intelligence. I know that’s there is 0.0% chance that she’d see her previous posts and think “oops, I was out of line and wrong.”

*I’ll admit that my initial comment was not 100% innocent.  The topic was aimed at bad behavior that the right does more of than the left. And their increasing reliance on that tactic spurred me to post it. 

I told my crazy ass, MAGA cult cousin that hopefully she doesn't kill her 2 year old with her nutty anti-vax views. If it ruins our relationship I don't really care. She's a dangerous nut job.

Edited by Schulz2.0
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

7 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

You know why democrats always have to be the adults? Because we spent decades not calling stupid stupid when we see it. You’re doing her a disservice by biting your tongue. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

So, below is a direct quote from someone on Facebook.  They were responding to a friend of mine who posted something negative about Trump.  My friend that posted his comment hates Trump and this was a response from one of his friends.  You can’t reason with this kind of idiocy below.  By the way, when he talks about my friends business being horrible it may have been but he is one of the richest people I know (family wealth from his parents) so while his business had a bad year last year he is still voting for Kamala.  I love how his friend talks about Kamala coming to take his guns away.  I thought Obama was going to do that yet he was in office for 8 years and it didn’t happen.  Then Biden was going to take them away and nothing the last 4 years.  Now Kamala is going to take your guns.  These people are too stupid to realize they have been lied to over and over again by the Republican Party. 

Just hope your not blinded by the lies of the liberals. I thought you, of all people were much smarter than this. Never figured you for a Socialist. The only goal of the Dems is to beat Trump. Not help our country thrive.  They want to take our guns away from us. And we know you like hunting and shooting. And protecting your family from uncertain dangers.Along with all of the money they will tax You with. Tell me your fair business has thrived in the last 4 years. You can't because it hasn't! You even told Me that last year was horrible. I want what is best for our border and our freedom. Not Kamala saying she's gonna lower tax on tips. After TRUMP said it was part of his economic plan 3 months ago. The liberals could have done it 4 years ago. But haven't done shit. Not even a thought until now. Why?? Because they are lying to us. They SELECTED YOUR CHOICE. NOT ELECTED YOUR CHOICE!!! Another illegal move by the dems.

• Haha 1