The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

29 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Does that include the one who loved to talk about sexual perversion of liberals while having threesomes with her husband and a woman he’s accused of sexually assaulting?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Does that include the one who loved to talk about sexual perversion of liberals while having threesomes with her husband and a woman he’s accused of sexually assaulting?

I'm going to need you to be more specific, dude.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, mdmost said:

I believe she refused to resign even when the rest of board, including the moms for liberty allies, asked her to step down. She has a couple of years remaining on her term.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Moms 4 Liberty had a bad night too. 

Follow-up:

DeSantis, who has made reshaping Florida’s education system a top priority, endorsed 23 candidates ahead of Tuesday’s election. And as of late Tuesday night, at least 11 appear to have lost. That is a notable downturn from 2022, when DeSantis saw a runaway success: Of the 30 he endorsed two years ago, just five lost.

Out of the four matchups where DeSantis and the Florida Democratic Party went head-to-head, Democrats notched two wins compared to one for the governor, with another set for a runoff. These races were some of the more heated in Florida, as candidates squared off over issues like book banning and the role parents have in shaping their children’s education.

The Democratic Party of Florida endorsed 11 candidates this cycle, of which seven won Tuesday with two of those races heading to runoffs. The party’s efforts were meant to “fight back against Ron’s Moms for Liberty candidates and their partisan extremism,” said Florida Democratic Party Chair Nikki Fried.

In Hillsborough County, incumbents Nadia Combs and Jessica Vaughn, both endorsed by Democrats and the FEA, retained their seats against Layla Collins, the wife of GOP state Sen. Jay Collins, and Myosha Powell — both endorsed by DeSantis. Those two seats could have flipped the makeup of the local school board in the Tampa area.

In Pinellas County, DeSantis endorsed three candidates who were also backed by Moms for Liberty — including two against incumbents — in another bid to shake up a local school board. But the incumbents Eileen Long and Laura Hine defeated DeSantis endorsees Erika Picard and Danielle Marolf. The third DeSantis endorsee, Stacy Geier, is set for a runoff race.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Integers lead to talk about sex. I don't want my kid coming home and asking me what number comes between 68 and 70. And what happens when he learns what 58008 spells upside down on a calculator? It's a slippery slope from numbers to sexual perversions. Math is the devil's work.

meh, they can keep integers

me digits'll do the hard work

20 hours ago, bluto said:

This isn't that hard to figure out. Is it dumb? Yes, it's dumb. It was probably easier to ask parents to approve all subject material rather than wrangle in the legislature over what specific subjects need parental approval.

Or possibly this is some asshole administrator's clever way of protesting or of screwing with everyone with the implementation, in which case, props to that guy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1