The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

On 10/10/2024 at 4:15 PM, Horn Dog said:

Heard this story on Morning Joe.  

A man who lost everything, has no food but won’t accept any help from government because Trump tells them if they do, Biden will take their property.  Amazing…and criminal.

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/amp/shows/top-stories/blog/rcna174889

Hide contents

A man identifying himself only as Anthony called into Sirius XM’s “Dan Abrams Show” this week to share the story of his father-in-law, whose property near Ashville, North Carolina, was badly damaged by Helene. Despite the destruction, Anthony said his father-in-law is unwilling to accept assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

“He has refused all FEMA help because he’s a hardcore Trumper,” Anthony told Abrams. “He literally believes that if he accepts anything from FEMA, they’re going to take his house.”

Disinformation about the Biden administration’s response to the storms across the Southeast has been running rampant on social media. One rumor making the rounds falsely claims that if a person applies for disaster assistance, FEMA could confiscate their property.

In recent days, Trump has doubled down on other baseless conspiracy theories about the government’s response, pushing the false claim that money is being diverted from disaster aid to help migrants. 

Anthony told Abrams that his father-in-law lost “almost everything” in the storm and, days later, still doesn’t have access to necessary resources like food. Anthony said that despite showing his father-in-law the facts, he refuses to listen to anyone who isn’t Trump.

“We’ve sent him all the FEMA bulletins,” Anthony said. “We’ve sent him all the stuff from the fact-checkers. He doesn’t believe it. He thinks it’s all — he just believes Trump. ... It’s a cult. He’s a cult member. I’m sorry to say it. He’s a cult member and he’s my father-in-law and it sucks.”

The man's children should have him declared mentally incompetant and get him the help he needs.  Seriously, his membership in the cult is endangering his life. 

Surly law dogs, does the Trump/Vance campaign have any sort of liability for this like this? Seems like endangering people's lives due to lies should have some sort of consequences to it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, GenXer said:

The odd thing about that meme is as an old, I’m on the left side of the meme telling my kid to be skeptical of stuff on the internet.

He and his wife were visiting when the vance “they’re eating cats and dogs” thing broke. He and his wife were talking about it and looking at their phones. I overheard them talking about it and said it sounded like some bullshit story that republicans make up like jade helm or pizzagate. This apparently set him off cause he thought pizzagate = jeffrey epstein. Tried to gently explain that pizzagate is not the sane thing as jeffrey epstein without  upsetting my wife.

Sometimes they go off on their own and catch the stupid.

I’m pretty sure his wife knew I was right and was trying to steer him back on course.

He's your son. Beat him.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 2

5 minutes ago, Derka said:

The power of self hatred should never be underestimated.  I can only speak for myself, so opinions and experiences may differ and I certainly respect that, however any time I've ever met someone that deeply cared (or seemed to have some level of hatred) about someone else's orientation I've always walked away thinking something's not right with that person.  Most people I know, straight or otherwise, couldn't care less about what other people are doing.  It's really freaking weird to me with these folks why they care so much about someone else's business.  I suspect the tweeter is by and large correct, it's some weird form of self loathing finding expression.  I really believe that people that are comfortable with who they are, regardless of any type of orientation, just don't have these thoughts.  

This would be sad were it not so pathetic and dangerous.  

• Hook 'Em 5

8 hours ago, C-Man said:

What’s even funnier (or sad and pathetic) is that MAGAts on texaggy don’t believe this story for one second. Yet they believe that Haitians are eating cats and dogs. It’s mind numbingly stupid

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, GenXer said:

The odd thing about that meme is as an old, I’m on the left side of the meme telling my kid to be skeptical of stuff on the internet.

He and his wife were visiting when the vance “they’re eating cats and dogs” thing broke. He and his wife were talking about it and looking at their phones. I overheard them talking about it and said it sounded like some bullshit story that republicans make up like jade helm or pizzagate. This apparently set him off cause he thought pizzagate = jeffrey epstein. Tried to gently explain that pizzagate is not the sane thing as jeffrey epstein without  upsetting my wife.

Sometimes they go off on their own and catch the stupid.

I’m pretty sure his wife knew I was right and was trying to steer him back on course.

It must suck knowing you raised an idiot.

3 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

By the way, if you look at that crowd behind Josh Hawley and Harrison Butker, a lot of them are young men (some probably not even of voting age). Misogyny and hate are very real in this country. I think a lot of young men are a very, very real problem, and we need to address it ASAP.

I mean, you're not wrong. And yet despite that, it's probably like 200th on the list of "shit we need to address ASAP" so it's never going to get done. We can't even get basic education right anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

By the way, if you look at that crowd behind Josh Hawley and Harrison Butker, a lot of them are young men (some probably not even of voting age). Misogyny and hate are very real in this country. I think a lot of young men are a very, very real problem, and we need to address it ASAP.

I don't think it is possible to address it.   We have allowed propaganda networks, hate speech, and misinformation/disinformation campaigns free access to the dregs of society.   Without cutting off the sources, there is no solution.   

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 2

I don’t think folding knives are really suited for combat.  You know, with the weak point at the hinge and all.  Might be why the military wouldn’t use such a knife. 

Here’s your fucking combat knife 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcLmatt1X4uqVNxEXujeY

and

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2IaE494AiXqTLtzGbKk1

But there’s probably not a Chinese manufacturing line cranking out a thousand of these an hour for 8 cents a piece with 3rd party labeling capability.  And the rubes will purchase whatever is put in front of them so why bother?

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Lifted from Reddit, so take with a grain of salt: Guy says his dad was a bus driver for the Trump Coachella Rally. 

Heya. The male driver was my dad...

My father was attacked at a rally

He works for the bus company that was doing transportation for the rally in Coachella. The rally didn't think about the logistics of 15k people and the buses weren't enough.

People got angry and began to riot. Throwing themselves in front of buses, banging on the windows and doors, and attacked two bus drivers. (One female driver was spit on by an elderly woman. The woman had to be restrained by another person from grabbing the driver by the hair)

The other driver was my father. He is a veteran and served in Vietnam and has head trauma from the war and from an car accident years ago...he was sucker punched from behind the head while he was walking outside his bus. He has a broken nose and hopefully his prior head trauma isn't worsen but won't know until some time. (He did get a CAT scan) He didn't see who hit him and he lost vision temporarily in his right eye (it's back now).

I just cannot understand this cult of violence and hate. My dad is 70 and what a coward to hit someone from behind because of something that was not my dad's fault.

The news didn't report this and even riot police showed up because of this behavior with the buses...

Just had to vent and get this off my chest. I just am angry and sad at the state of our political climate

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, TeeDubya said:

image.jpeg.d3f3b87e91743ef9be6079c95e9f8615.jpeg

Are there two bigger idiots?

Who is that with Gerg? Is that the dipshit Oklahoma school superintendent?

I see Gerg's going with the MC Hammer pants look.

mchammer-mc.gif

(Note: The GIF above is not Gerg as Gerg can't dance. Hell, he can't walk. Or fuck. Or govern.)

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

JFC

https://w3.newsmax.com/General/NMM/Offers/NMM-Woke-Jesus?dkt_nbr=042201mylypj

Big warnings about "woke Jesus". 

I'm an atheist and know more about Jesus' teachings than these nazi cunts. 

Nice church name, doofus

image.png.541d571638c40c267c055650e94b78f3.png

In case y'all want to a nice fit - https://store.nfluencechurch.org/products/unisex-eco-sweatshirt

Edited by texasdago
  • Hook 'Em 1