The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

23 hours ago, Born to Run said:

My buddy FAFO on a supercharged land cruiser running regular to the tune of an engine replacement. Boom.

I'd tend to expect Germans are even more demanding you follow recommendations on fuel choice and engine oils.

Yeah, it'll run ok for a while, but if you like your car, don't do it.  Google LSPI, low-speed pre-ignition. It's not just plain old detonation/knocking due to temperature and compression, it's something unique to forced induction, direct-injection engines.

Edited by TwiceHorn

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

Well, declining population means smaller census, which in turn means a state may lose seats in Congress, whether those seats were or are won by D or R.

However, they are stretching for standing there by trying to allege an injury.  And I think that's going to be a tad attenuated for most of the courts.

18 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, it'll run ok for a while, but if you like your car, don't do it.  Google LSPI, low-speed pre-ignition. It's not just plain old detonation/knocking due to temperature and compression, it's something unique to forced induction, direct-injection engines.

Oh for sure, with increased efficiency comes tight tolerances. My wife is a BMW nut, and hammered this home. Great driving experience; absolute shit interior trim, especially in our heat. Anything plastic just is not durable on those things. FIL has an old ass X5 with a standard transmission and that thing was fun AF to rip around Joshua Tree.

No doubt. That trend has been going for a good 60 years now. I remember "helping" my Dad work on our Impala back in the early 70s and it looked like there was space enough to crawl in next to the engine and take a nap. Then 80s Toyotas were simple to work on, but you had to subcontract a 5-year-old to reach some of the bolts. 90s saw widespread reliability with a last gasp of simplicity.

Amen amen.

My first car was a 65 Mustang. With a shop manual and a set of rusty hand me down tools, I could fix anything on it myself. Flash forward and my first real grown up car was an 01 Jetta. I loved that car, but the only thing I could work on with confidence that I wasn’t going to interrupt a sensor that would make the dashboard light up warning lights like a Christmas Tree was the lightbulbs.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

58 minutes ago, Pancho said:

image.thumb.png.f57ed7ece3e8673a78c997540c4cda80.png

37 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

It's pretty telling when people use the personal possessive "my" when talking about "our" country.  As if it's this guy's personal domain and fiefdom.  Ugly fucking Americans, and language, even on a simple level like this is telling.  

100% guarantee he calls himself a Christian.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

100% guarantee he calls himself a Christian.

Lol. Calls himself a Christian? 100% guarantee that fucking loser screams he's a christian at every opportunity, and projects it outward in every other possible manner as well. Bible Verses on cars and FB posts, jewelry, everything. Probably right down to fucking underage girls/boys. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

This is a “neighbor” on our nightly walk route. Veteran, who we used to get a chuckle out of him walking this dumb little dog while he’s on his riding mower. Shouldn’t be surprised but the Trump sign went up on his fence and now he’s adorned the back of his mower with a sign.

Before we left tonight, my wife said I hope that guy is riding his mower and walking the dog and wearing fatigues so I can take his picture. Just add “with a Trump campaign sign” and I think this is what AI would shoot back at you — and that’s exactly what we got tonight in real life.

1b5fbdb43ce19ff7d04ce2439e1546f3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

I once read a statute that you can't stick anything in a mailbox without a stamp. Something like $7,500 fine for an individual and $15,000 for an organization. Judging from the amount of crap I get I doubt it's enforced.

But still, unless the first guy's flyer was stamped, they're both a couple of law-breaking dorks. Seems like thievery in or near a mail box would be a little worse.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

This is a “neighbor” on our nightly walk route. Veteran, who we used to get a chuckle out of him walking this dumb little dog while he’s on his riding mower. Shouldn’t be surprised but the Trump sign went up on his fence and now he’s adorned the back of his mower with a sign.

Before we left tonight, my wife said I hope that guy is riding his mower and walking the dog and wearing fatigues so I can take his picture. Just add “with a Trump campaign sign” and I think this is what AI would shoot back at you — and that’s exactly what we got tonight in real life.

I respect all veterans even if I disagree with them on politics. But there a a few of them who immediately want you to know their veteran status so you have to thank them for their service. 

reminds me when you are talking to a random woman. You have absolute zero interest in her but the second sentence out of her mouth includes a reference to her boyfriend.  Cool but I wasn’t going to ask for your number in a million years.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

This dude shits on veterans, active duty, POWs, Purple Heart and Medal of Honor recipients.  He takes photo ops at those who have given their live for their country graves sites, with a big smile, a thumbs up, while pushing away the DA civilians tasked to protect those graves.  Okay, whatever.  Several times every year I have to sit though hours of SHARP (sexual harassment/assault response and prevention training), becuase of fucks like him.  Leaders go on and on about how sexual assault/harrassment is destroying the military and needs to be stamped out.  No lewd jokes, no inappropriate touching, no this, no that.  Okay, that's really probably for the best, and I can go along with that.  Then these same people tell me they are voting for Trump.  This cunt has like 27 accusations of sexual assault and harassment against him, and this is just the women that have come forward. You watch the videos of these women and it breaks your heart.  I just don't get it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

33 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Not really taking glee in this but there's one less MAGAt in the world today.  My brother-in-law died this morning (probably a heart attack.)  My sister is obviously very distraught but something she said to me today...  "He was looking forward to voting next week."

Well, not now.  

Is this a confession?  Did you election interference your brother-in-law into an early grave?

Eh, I think that's forgivable. It's not like you had a private email server or anything that bad. 

26 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

Is this a confession?  Did you election interference your brother-in-law into an early grave?

Eh, I think that's forgivable. It's not like you had a private email server or anything that bad. 

I had not spoken to him in over 10 years.  He was a real POS in life.  I don't wish the suffering my sister is going through on anyone but...

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

Not really taking glee in this but there's one less MAGAt in the world today.  My brother-in-law died this morning (probably a heart attack.)  My sister is obviously very distraught but something she said to me today...  "He was looking forward to voting next week."

Well, not now.  

I'm sorry for your sister and family.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Then she's obviously not even a distant cousin.  QED.

I would have to look at her sisters.

Oh wait-- she was born in New Hampshire. Probably married into the Morrows. Anyway, with 23andMe "You've got new relatives," I have no need for her.

Edited by RDCanecutter
  • Haha 2

Well, not now.  

(c’mon swing state…)

2 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Well, not now.  

I am sorry for your loss and your sister's. I guess if Trump loses a state by one vote we will know where God stands.

I'mA Facebook friend who is a Trumper and that I primarily troll every once in awhile. Posted some comments about 2016 versus 2024. I'm not going to post those because whatever, but this is one of his friend's responses... The crowning touch is that this guy's profile picture is his face superimposed over a Confederate uniform.

Screenshot_20241025-080226~2.png

29 minutes ago, texasdago said:

I'mA Facebook friend who is a Trumper and that I primarily troll every once in awhile. Posted some comments about 2016 versus 2024. I'm not going to post those because whatever, but this is one of his friend's responses... The crowning touch is that this guy's profile picture is his face superimposed over a Confederate uniform.

Screenshot_20241025-080226~2.png

BLM was 2016, eh?