The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Love that line.

But the analogy is also why I am so fucking discouraged and furious.

In the beginning, Hitler and the Nazis were a joke. Like Trump.  And they will likely end the same way: dead/shamed/destroyed.  I love that part.

See, it's the middle part.  The part that involves unspeakable human suffering on a massive scale, at the hands of what was once one of the greatest civilized nations on earth.  That part....is bad.  Really, really bad.  Whether you're reading The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich or A Handmaid's Tale, the middle parts are really, really, really shitty.

Can we skip to the Trump dead in a ditch and on fire part, without any more of the suffering?

...and the whole world was fortunate in that they were just bat shit crazy enough to invade Russia. A little less Crazy and we live in a different world.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

...and the whole world was fortunate in that they were just bat shit crazy enough to invade Russia. A little less Crazy and we live in a different world.

It's actually the only upside to fascism.  It has a built in "kill switch," that being "they always believe their own bullshit and buy into the notion that they are unstoppable gods."  That means they will always end up overextending themselves, metaphorically leaping off the cliff only to finally realize "sonofabitch....I can't actually fly."

Fascism always falls.  But to those who say "so?  Then why are you so worried about it?"....it's because that the damage it does along the way to its inevitable failure is staggering, horrific, and a complete fucking waste to top it all off.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's actually the only upside to fascism.  It has a built in "kill switch," that being "they always believe their own bullshit and buy into the notion that they are unstoppable gods."  That means they will always end up overextending themselves, metaphorically leaping off the cliff only to finally realize "sonofabitch....I can't actually fly."

Fascism always falls.  But to those who say "so?  Then why are you so worried about it?"....it's because that the damage it does along the way to its inevitable failure is staggering, horrific, and a complete fucking waste to top it all off.

Thankfully there’s an easier solution to dealing with them

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

..and , they get started when nobody takes them seriously. I probably would have been one of those people back then.  First time I saw The Apprentice, I thought nobody would take this shit seriously...then my very liberal wife who speaks 4 languages, has a degree in architecture, and was a construction manager for hundreds of millions of dollars worth of work was absolutely hooked.  I despised that show so much that I would just go and practice my guitar whenever it was on...and get drunk attempting to make sense of it all.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Most people seem to forget this when the story ends with “good conquers evil” no matter what. Hitler was a maniac who actually had a chance of winning if he didn’t make the stupid move of sending his troops to Russia through the winter.  

Things will end very differently when a leader like this comes from the United States. We don’t have a country like the United States to police us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Hitler was never going to win.  Invading the Soviet Union hastened his demise; but the USA was going to kick his ass eventually.

all of this. the US could pump P51's and Sherman tanks around the clock, zero interruptions. 

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Cross-posting this one:

03c763035036f256a9d53b30976c9ab5.jpg

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

That's old, but yet, an evergreen statement.

MTV, Dungeons and Dragons, or Whitesnake were also acceptable alternatives to video games in that statement.

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I know I'll regret this, but what's the Charlottesville "hoax" supposed to be?

I think it’s about his “very fine people” rant. That he wasnt actually calling neo-nazis that

Edited by SubliminalHorn

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

This country is fucked

Just some of the replies 

IMG_0109.jpeg

IMG_0110.jpeg

Yep, this is what I've been saying.  Millions of people don't believe in reality.  They literally do not believe the world they see around them, just what they consume online.  They cannot tell the difference between the online world and the real world.  Seems problematic.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I think it’s about his “very fine people” rant. That he wasnt actually calling neo-nazis that

... and now that I think about it, what's the bleach hoax supposed to be? Not only did we all watch him suggest that in a PC, but he supposedly had been going around asking about that in private as well. 

When someone takes the stance that news is fake, it's not worth even attempting to talk to them. It's impossible to reason with them, and the only option remaining is to make fun of them.

I don't think we're far from GOP leaders talking about flat earth and fake moon landings. Perhaps not that they fully agree with that opinion but they have to accept it's their constituency.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

They are just so goddamn stupid. Like breathtakingly stupid

I think we really need to update the ‘Ignorance is bliss’ adage to:

“Ignorance is bliss; stupid is angry and vengeful”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Red Five said:

... and now that I think about it, what's the bleach hoax supposed to be? Not only did we all watch him suggest that in a PC, but he supposedly had been going around asking about that in private as well. 

Not only that but dozens of people were hospitalized for following his idiotic advice.  There may be fake news but I don’t know that there is fake bleach.  

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yep, this is what I've been saying.  Millions of people don't believe in reality.  They literally do not believe the world they see around them, just what they consume online.  They cannot tell the difference between the online world and the real world.  Seems problematic.

I'd say it's no different than religion, which is to say we've always had a vast majority of people detached from reality, which also seems problematic.  Not to say this isn't bad, but it's not new either.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When someone takes the stance that news is fake, it's not worth even attempting to talk to them. It's impossible to reason with them, and the only option remaining is to make fun of them.

I don't think we're far from GOP leaders talking about flat earth and fake moon landings. Perhaps not that they fully agree with that opinion but they have to accept it's their constituency.

When I saw the list of users in the Twitter screenshot, I assumed they were russian bot accounts whose intention is to make a tsunami of disinformation that establishes a false narrative. Scott Adams was the only name I recognized. 

I checked the first handful, and they’re valid accounts. The tsunami has rolled in for the 8+ years.

We’re at the point in the process that false narratives are baked in. The believers’ default position is that the opposite of whatever the media reports is the truth. A complete rejection of occam’s razor. There is no reasoning with these people. It’s a fool’s errand to try.

There’s only one satisfying outcome from this ocean of believers. Make money off of them. I suspect that’s what these twitter accounts are trying to do. 

17 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It's a circle not a line. Monarchy > Anarchy > Democracy > Monarchy...

The Greeks of antiquity were very wise. Of course, I never believed it would appy here.

[BUZZ!]I'm sorry, Mr. Victa, your answer is incorrect.

1 hour ago, pacman said:

Stupid and childish

The same people denying reality and embracing a crazy, dangerous alternatuive also embrace this shit.

I didn't remember who Laura Loomer was, so I googled her and looked at the wiki page. I thought the below was amusing.

image.png.accad20aec3316de646e81301b3bb08c.png

Careful, MTG, or you'll be the next target of the Jewish space lasars!

Edited by RomaVicta

22 minutes ago, GenXer said:

When I saw the list of users in the Twitter screenshot, I assumed they were russian bot accounts whose intention is to make a tsunami of disinformation that establishes a false narrative. Scott Adams was the only name I recognized. 

I checked the first handful, and they’re valid accounts. The tsunami has rolled in for the 8+ years.

We’re at the point in the process that false narratives are baked in. The believers’ default position is that the opposite of whatever the media reports is the truth. A complete rejection of occam’s razor. There is no reasoning with these people. It’s a fool’s errand to try.

There’s only one satisfying outcome from this ocean of believers. Make money off of them. I suspect that’s what these twitter accounts are trying to do. 

Twitter under Elon also pushes all of the insane people to the top of the replies because they have blue checks.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That's why I cringe every time I see the trailer for the new "moon landing was a hoax" movie starring Channing Tate-yum and ScarJo. Probably not the best time to release a movie with this subject matter. Tin-foil MAGAts are gonna think it's a documentary.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

That's why I cringe every time I see the trailer for the new "moon landing was a hoax" movie starring Channing Tate-yum and ScarJo. Probably not the best time to release a movie with this subject matter. Tin-foil MAGAts are gonna think it's a documentary.

The lunatic market is ripe for the picking. They will open their wallets to anyone supplying a fresh dose of confirmation bias.

3 minutes ago, GenXer said:

The lunatic market is ripe for the picking. They will open their wallets to anyone supplying a fresh dose of confirmation bias.

Yep.  And when all of this is over, and we're ashes and rubble that nobody could stop from coming....I'm convinced that my greatest regret will be no cashing in on the fleecing of the rubes.

I should get mine.  Millions of dollars worth of mine from the rubes.  Take that money, and buy property and a visa someplace safe from this idiocy.  Y'all want to wreck this place?  It's clear that I can't stop you.  So I might as well pick your pockets to finance my exile.

• Hook 'Em 2

trump just says stuff a lot.  most of it is just riffing because he like to hear himself talk.  very little of it matters.  that's where i think that people can stake out their claims on things like "bleach hoax."  one side can claim that they were the Words Of The President, and all that implies.  one side can say he was just up there talking, no one is moving forward with any of this.   one of the many problems of having a very unserious person in charge.

“And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds – it sounds interesting to me.”  

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

trump just says stuff a lot.  most of it is just riffing because he like to hear himself talk.  very little of it matters.  that's where i think that people can stake out their claims on things like "bleach hoax."  one side can claim that they were the Words Of The President, and all that implies.  one side can say he was just up there talking, no one is moving forward with any of this.   one of the many problems of having a very unserious person in charge.

“And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds – it sounds interesting to me.”  

He's a moron. It's really that simple. How this clown rose to be POTUS is simply mind-bottling.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Exactly. If you can believe in a God then you can be convinced of most things. 

54 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Excited Lets Go GIF

14 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

image.gif.17242d5d104b8411201b660a5681d850.gif

online leftists:  religious people on dumb and mockable.

also: i never want to win another election in my lifetime.

According to an average of all 2023 Gallup polling, about three in four Americans said they identify with a specific religious faith. By far the largest proportion, 68%, identify with a Christian religion, including 33% who are Protestant, 22% Catholic and 13% who identify with another Christian religion or simply as a "Christian."

6 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

online leftists:  religious people on dumb and mockable.

also: i never want to win another election in my lifetime.

According to an average of all 2023 Gallup polling, about three in four Americans said they identify with a specific religious faith. By far the largest proportion, 68%, identify with a Christian religion, including 33% who are Protestant, 22% Catholic and 13% who identify with another Christian religion or simply as a "Christian."

i don't think religious people are dumb.  they've been told something since birth so of course they believe it.  usually without ever questioning it.  if people were never told about religion until they were 18 then nobody would be religious.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

i don't think religious people are dumb.  they've been told something since birth so of course they believe it.  usually without ever questioning it.  if people were never told about religion until they were 18 then nobody would be religious.

My super religious former mother-in-law once told me to my face that children need to be indoctrinated into religion early so that they believe it. Because if they learn about it later in life, it won't be believable. Like Santa Claus. 

"That is actually really true, but probably not in the way that you meant it to be." 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1