The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

I am going to visit family this weekend, and there's at least one cousin who gets rolling spouting Be Gone Forces of Darkess etc, she considers everything to be witchcraft while sounding like a Shakespearian witch herself. I asked her why she was slipping into faux-1600s English, she said because it was based on scripture. I asked her why she didn't use "thee" and "thou." Silence.
It's a fairly big house, I can slip off and hang out with my uncle, who'd rather talk about airplanes.

So when do we get to meet your uncle? He sounds pretty cool.
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

So when do we get to meet your uncle? He sounds pretty cool.

He is. He was telling me stuff about my granddad's college career. I knew that Billy McCanecutter played at Alabama for about a year, but I never saw his name on photos at the Bryant museum. Uncle says he was there under Wallace Wade, and played on the same team as Johnny Mack Brown. Granddad Billy told my uncle that he was the "other end," which maybe meant 2nd string?

At some point Billy got his knee whacked backwards, and had to stop playing. Family lore has it that the school offered to let him stay on with a scholarship, but Billy said nope, he wasn't there to play school.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, Bullneck said:

^^ Comments are pretty good, though.

Remember that time in 1991 on the beach in the Hamptons where you could have been a nice and friendly 9 year old but instead you were more concerned with how tall and blonde you were and how petite and brunette I was…well my 9 year old self is showing up 33 years later to tell you to shut up already. No one wants to hear your petty bullshit. This is not your Era.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Pancho said:

An elected sheriff in America 

image.thumb.png.356cc4be45ff4f813004d382e07c5956.png

They live on the farms where they work, but you know that, Sheriff. You can arrest them right now, but you'd probably piss off the farmer (and your fellow Republican) that you've known since high school for incarcerating his employees. Your acting sucks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/14/2024 at 11:02 AM, Pancho said:

When the price of gas, food, whatever goes up, then some blame the President. Hint: The President actually has extremely little to do with prices across the board. After all we're a capitalistic economy not an authoritarian dictatorship.

But when someone gets a promotion, raise at work, or new high paying job, it's all due to their hard work and not because that employer is selling their product/services at higher levels due to inflation.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

20 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

fucking honkies ….

Look the whites have had a number done on them, 25+ years of Rush Limbaugh and Fox News without any counterbalance can really warp your perception of reality, especially if you’re a boomer.  They’re ignorant and stupid but their biggest flaw is a lack of empathy for vulnerable people and minorities. Sadly, the cognitive dissonance we’re dealing with is insurmountable and some of them are actual nazis. Fuck these people and fuck the 1% elites that manipulate and manufactured this hate machine for power, money, and influence.  

It’s really difficult to get someone to understand they’ve been conned for over 30 years but that doesn’t mean we should stop trying. /rant

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When the price of gas, food, whatever goes up, then some blame the President. Hint: The President actually has extremely little to do with prices across the board. After all we're a capitalistic economy not an authoritarian dictatorship.

But when someone gets a promotion, raise at work, or new high paying job, it's all due to their hard work and not because that employer is selling their product/services at higher levels due to inflation.

What if I'm the product or service?

• Hook 'Em 1

Those of you with MAGA relatives, now that Trump is hawking cryptocurrency, if they are like some of my MAGA relatives, they are going to automatically reject anything you say.

So make sure and tell them that Trump thinks his base are morons that fall for easy pyramid/ponzi schemes like cryptocurrency, and that Trump knows he'll be the only one making money off of it, and that he's going to fleece his followers who won't make money from it.

Who knows, maybe somebody will be like "well fuck that libtard, I'll show him, HEY HONEY, I NEED TO TAKE SOME MONEY OUT OF OUR LIFE SAVINGS SO I CAN MAKE US A LOT MORE MONEY!"

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I just paid $2.49/gallon today. Prices can't go much lower before all the o&g bro's are out of a job. The fact people don't realize sub $2 gas would basically wipe the board for domestic production is comical. But keep crying about gas prices maga.

It is also a fact that food prices are artificially inflated by the few companies that control our food supply, most foreign. Maga idiots aren't even useful at this point. Just screaming into the void for their own demise.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

I just paid $2.49/gallon today. Prices can't go much lower before all the o&g bro's are out of a job. The fact people don't realize sub $2 gas would basically wipe the board for domestic production is comical. But keep crying about gas prices maga.

It is also a fact that food prices are artificially inflated by the few companies that control our food supply, most foreign. Maga idiots aren't even useful at this point. Just screaming into the void for their own demise.

Yep. I paid $2.50 the other day. I have to wonder if Trump has asked some oil execs what it would take to temporarily raise prices to $4.

when I’m around some of my more trumpier friends, I like to talk about how great it is economically. I don’t assign any credit to Biden or the govt, but just throw out facts or perception. “Can’t believe it only cost $2.50 for gas.” “Crazy how well the stock market has taken off and hit all time highs. Anyone who owns stocks has never been better.”

for one or two, I might get a “no thanks to Biden” for this good news. I play dumb and say that I don’t know who to credit but keep giving me more of the same regardless of who is in power.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 9/16/2024 at 12:39 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This is such a fundamental, obvious concept that I was able to grasp it easily when I was like 8-10 years old. For almost my whole life, I've been consistently shocked at the sheer numbers of grown adults on both sides who can't get their heads around it.  I weep for humanity, or at least American humans.

• Like 1