The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

BLM was 2016, eh? 

2014 with the death of Michael Brown in Ferguson I think? Or maybe it was Trayvon Martin in 2012?

I don't know. All these incidents and the responses to them kind of meld together as time goes on.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

lll guess that okc is ‘purple’ 

Like Tulsa, there are sizeable MAGA clusters of dumbassery, mostly in the white-flight suburbs, but the main cities of Tulsa and OKC, and even some of the 'burbs are blue to moderate, non-maga red.  

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Oklahoma is Texas without the major urban areas. Not disrespect to the cosmopolitan centers of OKC and Tulsa.

I think the major difference though has to be the Indian reservations. It’s so much more a part of Oklahoma gov / politics / culture than in Texas…

That and Texas is a land and culture of contrasts. You don’t really get that in Oklahoma minus the eastern hilly part. Oklahoma seems like more of a monolith outside of that landscape and it’s many reservations.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I personally find his Confederate uniform to be a blatant case of Stolen Valor, Suh.

So I asked the guy and he said basically, "yeah I also did it with Grant once" but you're rolling with Lee?  Ok.  Both sides, I guess.

• Drool 1