Food Stamps -- Can I Get a Table Dance?

Aqua Buddha

Surprisingly, not from Florida.  However, it's from the Florida of the Midwest (Ohio):

HARRISON TWP., Ohio (WKEF/WRGT) - Sharky's Lounge in Harrison Township is losing its liquor license at the end of the business day today.

The Ohio Liquor Control Commission revoked the adult entertainment club's license, according to the Ohio Investigative Unit. 

Agents with the OIU had began investigating Twenty Two Fifty, Inc. which is also known as Sharky's in May of 2017. During the investigation, agents say they were able to buy drugs and lap dances by using food stamps. During the five-month long investigation, agents exchanged more than $2,000 worth of food stamps to buy heroin, fentanyl, carfentanil, cocaine, methamphetamine and lap dances. Criminal charges were filed against employees and patrons for drug trafficking, food stamp trafficking, aggravated shipment and distribution of heroin, engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity and illegal sexual activity.

https://abc22now.com/news/local/sharkys-loses-liquor-license-after-agents-buy-drugs-lap-dances-with-food-stamps

On 9/22/2018 at 11:23 AM, Stunns38 said:

I thought food stamps were just EBT cards now, didn’t know the currency still existed.

Yeah, I guess they swiped the card for imaginary groceries at some place that exists only in the card reader.

[OldManStory]The old paper food stamps were kind of pretty, like a cross between Monopoly money and Bolivian bank notes. Any change less than a dollar would come back as coins, so there were always scamps running around trying to cash a dollar food stamp for a 3 cent piece of candy.[/OMS]

Actually the way it works is you dont sell the card you swipe it at a fake grocery location and they give you a percentage in cash.

Tanf you can cash out when it appears on your ebt card.

I worked on the Lone Star card project and during implementation they had teams that would set your store up with a state paid ebt reader. Had one set up in an apt off of Gulfton in Houston. They had a freezer with three steaks in it and no zoning so it was a legit store. State set up their ebt reader and then a security team staked out the place and waited. Turned ebt on in Houston, this place was doing a land office business. They let it go for two weeks and then busted the perps.

Before ebt you could buy whatever you wanted in the Scott Street local office parking lot with food stamps.

• Like 1