The movie you just watched

F250

33 minutes ago, dogbreath said:

You should check out the English mini series. Tinker Tailor + Smileys People. 

Thanks for the rec. I always felt that story had enough material for a miniseries. The Mark Strong assassin character backstory could have been a season on it's own.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Bridge of spies is one of my favorites.

“Im trying to save your life, but you don't seem too worried about it”

“”Would it help?”

I use this with people in AA all the time.

Mark Rylance is fantastic.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Been a fan of the theatrical release for a long time (owned it on VHS!).  I wasn't aware of all the drama surrounding the production and the firing of the director, Brian Helgeland.  He was later able to release the director's cut which has some significant narrative and stylistic departures from the theatrical release.  Can't say it improved an already great film, but it's worth a watch.  It's on Amazon Prime presently

• Hook 'Em 1

I use this with people in AA all the time.
Mark Rylance is fantastic.

So do I.

Not to derail but years ago I sponsored an ‘ol boy from Florida who pushed his gimme cap back on his head, scratched his temple, looked at me and drawled “y’know when you're worryin’ your just arguing with God.”
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 6/1/2024 at 3:04 PM, 4th&Five said:

Finally watched Killing of a Sacred Deer yesterday. Wow. Gonna take a bit to digest. 

Now watch The Lobster and Dogtooth

On 6/12/2024 at 6:51 AM, Buzzrock said:

I had never made it through Tinker Tailor Solider Spy before so I tried again on a long flight. I made it but damn, that has to be the slowest movie ever. What a cast though.

I love this movie

• Hook 'Em 1

“Layer Cake”

Daniel Craig, Colm Meaney , Sienna Miller. 

Movie about drug deal gone bad, lots of twists and turns. Came out I think originally like in 2005. 

Sienna Miller was absolute smoke in this movie

image.thumb.jpeg.5bc95ef9abd308b6d212d5f8edde482f.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Since our Alamo Drafthouse closed down and we had planned to go see a brunch screening of this today , we decided to recreate it at home with french toast and bacon before watching. IMO, the ultimate Father's Day movie.

IMG_0357.thumb.jpeg.bfa4a03dfa31bde0db412c0103758f26.jpeg

Edited by mdmost

Since our Alamo Drafthouse closed down and we had planned to go see a brunch screening of this today , we decided to recreate it at home with french toast and bacon before watching. IMO, the ultimate Father's Day movie.

IMG_0357.thumb.jpeg.bfa4a03dfa31bde0db412c0103758f26.jpeg

Raiders of the Lost Ark and Interstellar tonight at the Fort Worth Rooftop Cinema.

Raiders of the Lost Ark and Interstellar tonight at the Fort Worth Rooftop Cinema.

Forgot how perfect Interstellar is for a movie night with your daughter - especially on Fathers Day.

“Because my Dad promised me.”

Water works.

On 6/14/2024 at 11:03 AM, Lazarus Bocanegra said:

spacer.png

Been a fan of the theatrical release for a long time (owned it on VHS!).  I wasn't aware of all the drama surrounding the production and the firing of the director, Brian Helgeland.  He was later able to release the director's cut which has some significant narrative and stylistic departures from the theatrical release.  Can't say it improved an already great film, but it's worth a watch.  It's on Amazon Prime presently

"That is just mean. Mean man."  is a regular saying in my house.  I think I'm the only person who knows where it's from, but my kids and wife use as well when somebody is being particularly salty. 

On 6/15/2024 at 6:38 PM, BrazilHorn said:

“Layer Cake”

Daniel Craig, Colm Meaney , Sienna Miller. 

Movie about drug deal gone bad, lots of twists and turns. Came out I think originally like in 2005. 

Sienna Miller was absolute smoke in this movie

image.thumb.jpeg.5bc95ef9abd308b6d212d5f8edde482f.jpeg

I know I have mentioned this movie on this thread before.  It's one of my favorite "fuck it, nothing is on, I'll just watch this" movie.  

The diner scene and the hotel room scene are so great (for very different reasons).

Was off Wednesday for Juneteenth. Watched Iron Claw, Next Goal Wins, Hitman, and American Fiction. All very different and I enjoyed them all, but I think my favorite was American Fiction. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2024 at 10:03 AM, Lazarus Bocanegra said:

spacer.png

I bought the Blu-ray when it wasn’t looking good for to make it on a streamer. I mean it’s Mel Gibson, and there are plenty of women beatings. 

Of course a year later and it’s everywhere. 

2 hours ago, Lazarus Bocanegra said:

spacer.png

Fantastic film with a turrible script.  I've had "I Can Dream About You" stuck in my head for a while because it's on the in-store loop at HEB.  Love this movie.  It's a shame it bombed and the Tom Cody trilogy never got made.  

Plus Diane Lane. 😁

2 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare.
Pretty good but I dig GR movies.
Thought Cavil did a great job.

Now watch 

The+Sea+Wolves+650.jpg

• Like 1

My wife told me she'd never seen Leon the Professional before so we watched that last night. 

It's a great movie, made by someone who really knows how to direct. It's kind of shocking how much better it is than current movies, how much more competent and confident the direction is.

But...there are some genuinely creepy scenes with Natalie Portman are very difficult to watch. Worse than I remember.

I might catch some slack for this based on the reviews, but watched the remake of Total Recall last night.

It was not terrible. I liked the reimagined setting with its Bladerunner feel, all star cast, Kate, Jessica, and the fact that it was free.  I've wasted my time on lesser movies.