Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

You need to know more people. Cheese enchiladas are great and any Tex-Mex joint that can’t pull that off is in bad shape. It’s like a bbq joint with bad brisket.

Going to a Mexican restaurant and ordering cheese enchiladas of all the things available is an interesting decision that’s for certain. And when Zillatard throws his lot in with you, it means I’ve already won the debate.

Going to a Mexican restaurant and ordering cheese enchiladas of all the things available is an interesting decision that’s for certain. And when Zillatard throws his lot in with you, it means I’ve already won the debate.

Your opinion is at best case an unpopular one and worst case flat out wrong. I can’t even remember the last time I ordered cheese enchiladas but they are certainly good and very popular, not just with 5 year olds and grandmas. There is a thread a few posts down dedicated to cheese enchiladas with 1,379 posts and it’s been the subject of intense debate on these boards for 20+ years. If you don’t like them, fine, but it’s laughable to start throwing shade at someone for ordering something that is a staple in Tex-Mex restaurants, while you’re ordering a chili rellenos or whatever and thinking that makes you a sophisticated foodie. It’s Tex-Mex.
  • Like 1

Your opinion is at best case an unpopular one and worst case flat out wrong. I can’t even remember the last time I ordered cheese enchiladas but they are certainly good and very popular, not just with 5 year olds and grandmas. There is a thread a few posts down dedicated to cheese enchiladas with 1,379 posts and it’s been the subject of intense debate on these boards for 20+ years. If you don’t like them, fine, but it’s laughable to start throwing shade at someone for ordering something that is a staple in Tex-Mex restaurants, while you’re ordering a chili rellenos or whatever and thinking that makes you a sophisticated foodie. It’s Tex-Mex.

The original post was made in jest; to which the original poster quoted understood and responded as much. What I fail to understand is where you and zillatard fit in half cocked, but it’s not surprising. What is surprising is how you missed the previous posts about Mexican food a few weeks ago, but you threw your lot in with zillatardso I digress.

The original post was made in jest; to which the original poster quoted understood and responded as much. What I fail to understand is where you and zillatard fit in half cocked, but it’s not surprising. What is surprising is how you missed the previous posts about Mexican food a few weeks ago, but you threw your lot in with zillatardso I digress.

Anyone with the sense God gave a goat knows that the dish one judges a TexMex restaurant on is their cheese enchiladas. It is simple so execution is critical as any failure in any of the elements renders the dish a disappointing failure. Hence a failure as a restaurant.

It’s like steak frites in a French bistro or etoufee in a Cajun joint or over easy fried eggs in a diner. There are basic dishes that indicate the competence of a cook. Now go get your fuckin shine box.

I know they're a chain, but I just ate takeout from Hawaiian Bros in Alliance and it was fucking legit. The Molokai chicken is excellent. BOGO on combo plate this week.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ribbee’s, a ribs-and-fries takeout or delivery stand near Interstate 35W at 923 E. Seminary Drive, has expanded its menu since it opened in March. Now, it serves barbecued or lemon-pepper-rub chicken, pulled-pork sliders and a Sunday special: beef ribs. 

spacer.png

Edited by shadow_operative2.0

When it comes to Hawaiian I like Ohana on Camp Bowie.

Anyone have a home theater company they would rec? Moved into new place and I need some help with a TV setup for maximum sports watching. 

Found one place online. Had a July 5 visit scheduled. Guy called in the morning and rescheduled to Saturday, claiming to be under the weather. Come on bro, you're hungover. Then ghosted me Saturday. So they're fired.

Ol' Grady at it again. 

A widely known chef who has owned or managed a series of Texas restaurants agreed in early June in Grand Prairie to pay money for a sex act, law enforcement authorities allege.

The Tarrant County Criminal District Attorney’s Office last week charged Grady Spears, who is 55, with soliciting prostitution. The offense, as it is charged in Spears’ case, is a state jail felony.

Grand Prairie police on June 5 arrested Spears at a Hyatt Place hotel, according to a police incident report.

Bond was set at $1,500 and executed. Spears’ current residence address is in Fort Worth, according to a Tarrant County District Clerk record. 

• Haha 1

https://www.papercitymag.com/restaurants/chef-grady-spears-opening-new-restaurants-round-top-bellville-cowboy-cuisine/?amp

Grady always amazed me with his ability to con folks into all these different gigs and investments. I guess he figured he’d used up all the easy marks in DFW and moved to Round Top.

Guess he decided Grand Prairie was good for hookers.

Was gonna say where are all the Softball World boys gonna go now, but googled to see if that was even still a thing. Apparently it’s now Parks at Texas Star North.
[mention=935]Fudbelty[/mention], how long has it been since you’ve been there? 

Shiiiit. At least 8 probably more like 10.

Posted (edited)

Won't even post rest of the article because that location will fail massively. Goofy shopping center behind Mexican Inn. 

The chef behind a popular barbecue-and-burgers food truck will open a west Fort Worth restaurant that will add a dinner menu with steaks and wines.

Fort Redemption, chef Tony Chaudhry’s four-year venture serving ¾-pound cheeseburgers and brisket with gourmet sauces such as bourbon-cream, will expand its menu and open at 5724 Locke Ave. near the Ridglea neighborhood. 

Edited by shadow_operative2.0

Apparently there are nice baseball fields across the street now. 

If you’re talking about the ones to the SW those have been there 20+ years. Fuck I’m old. We played NABA on those fields when I was 19/20. 8a9e850a04213ce9ca92c6b185a2859f.png

I would say you could just go to the TU Club in Whiskey Flats. I never went but my son and his buddies went as soon as they were old enough. I asked him about it, he said, "the 250 lb., 50 year old chola that was the cashier at the convenience store, next door, was the third women on stage after we got there." It is closed permanently now, just need a couple of investors, bet it can be picked up at a decent price.

CHIEF

• Haha 1

One time my friend and I were at Showcase off 35 because we were under 21 and needed someplace to sit down and drink. Pimpadelic and their entourage came in and gave the DJ a freshly pressed copy of their brand new album. I knew Donny in passing so the whole crew ended up sitting and partying with us. Complete debauchery 

8 hours ago, bluto said:

Rip T&P Tavern, had no idea that was going down.  

and 500 throckmorton tower is getting a Latin restaurant to occupy the top 3 levels. Quite bold

Friends of mine in the tower said that rumor is not true about the Latin restaurant 

This is awful lot of words to just be guessing. 

Bocado, a three-story restaurant and club owned by a Dallas music executive, will open alongside a new Italian pasta house from New York, bringing two new restaurant anchors to The Tower skyscraper in downtown Fort Worth, a broker for the building said Wednesday.

The new restaurants will join anchors Reata, a 28-year downtown Fort Worth tradition reopening July 22 in a temporary Tower space, and Mercury Chophouse.

Bocado, founded two years ago in Dallas by partners including Humberto Novoa of Azteca Records, will replace a bank in the two lower floors and basement at 570 Throckmorton St., according to broker Derek Anthony of Partners Real Estate.

Belle Gente, featuring ingredients flown from Italy, will open at 575 Taylor St., Anthony said.

The restaurants will anchor the West Fifth Street side of The Tower, a 35-story residential building just outside the Sundance Square development.

The north corners of The Tower are anchored by Mercury Chophouse, 525 Taylor St., and Reata, 530 Throckmorton St.

The announcement marks a resurgence for central downtown, featuring Bocado, a 4,000-square-foot dining room plus a lounge, all described on its website as a “Vegas-style restaurant.”

“The way the last 12-18 months have gone in the DFW market — the announcements in Fort Worth like the new Texas A&M campus, the convention center upgrades and the Stockyards — there’s a lot of positivity in Fort Worth right now,” Anthony said.

He called the Bocado announcement a “home run” for Fort Worth, The Tower and managing partner Saad Sindhu.

“This will be higher-end than the Tex-Mex restaurant — it’ll have a very lounge-y feel,” Anthony said.

The Bocado in Dallas, 3300 Ross Ave., is rated highly on social media for dishes such as sea bass, hamachi and brunch chilaquiles verdes and tortita ahogada. It serves dinner Wednesday through Sunday nights and kept the weekend brunch from a previous tenant, Dahlia’s.

According to The Lakewood/East Dallas Advocate, Novoa and Jesus Almanzan started it with hopes of opening a restaurant to combine interior Mexico food, music and art.

Almanzan was quoted as saying, “I want [you] to feel like you’re in one of those cool restaurants and bars in Mexico City. ... I want it to feel like [they’re] somewhere else, that’s my vision.”

The Tower will offer valet parking stands for the restaurants, Anthony said.

A sports-themed restaurant is a possibility for another floor, he said.