Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

Well fuck. I don’t eat at joints that might kill you. It’s pretty hard to get closed down. First rule: don’t kill the customers. I don’t give them second chances. That’s just nastiness, indifference, ineptitude, or laziness by ownership or management. Panther city off my list. Plenty of other joints that give a shit.

Helping her create the menu and recipes is beloved Fort Worth chef Keith “Buttons” Hicks, the former owner of a pair of well-regarded local soul food restaurants, Buttons Food & Music and Ovation. Hicks was also a co-founder of The Rim restaurants in Fort Worth and Burleson. 

Something, something about that dude is never in one successful place very long.

https://fortworth.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/barbecue-holy-cue-enchiladas-ole/

Helping her create the menu and recipes is beloved Fort Worth chef Keith “Buttons” Hicks, the former owner of a pair of well-regarded local soul food restaurants, Buttons Food & Music and Ovation. Hicks was also a co-founder of The Rim restaurants in Fort Worth and Burleson. 
Something, something about that dude is never in one successful place very long.
https://fortworth.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/barbecue-holy-cue-enchiladas-ole/

I’ve eaten at all his places and consistency was always the issue.

4 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Grapevine road trip. 

They brought in the ringers for the opening weekend, after that they're all gonna look like they play guard for UNT.

But yeah I would go check it out just in case I am wrong!

Also: 2, 3, 1, 4

Bush League bar and grill in Hudson Oaks has blown past Shep’s as my Parker County burger spot. Highly recommend.

Owner/Operator was head Chef for the Rangers in the later 00’s early 10’s. He posted about Bushleague on FB and posted some pics. I gave him shit for the hamburger helper but he said the guys loved it.

Fml can’t find the pic. I’ll keep looking

Owner/Operator was head Chef for the Rangers in the later 00’s early 10’s. He posted about Bushleague on FB and posted some pics. I gave him shit for the hamburger helper but he said the guys loved it.

Fml can’t find the pic. I’ll keep looking

Also used to own a restaurant out in Brock called Comfort Kitchen. Damn good food and good people, but it was tough sledding out there and Covid ultimately did them in. I’m a burger snob and I loved it. Good selection of taps too
  • Hook 'Em 1

Join Fort Worth area alumni to hear all about the upcoming football season!

THURSDAY, AUGUST 15 | 6-8 p.m.
@ Angelo's Bar-B-Que, 2533 White Settlement Rd., Fort Worth, Texas 76107

Gerry Hamilton of OnTexasFootball will be on hand to talk about this year's roster, predictions on how well the Longhorns will do and how they stack up against the rest of the SEC!

$15 advance tickets through Aug. 14 or $20 at the door. Drinks and eats on your own. 

Join Fort Worth area alumni to hear all about the upcoming football season!
THURSDAY, AUGUST 15 | 6-8 p.m.
@ Angelo's Bar-B-Que, 2533 White Settlement Rd., Fort Worth, Texas 76107

Gerry Hamilton of OnTexasFootball will be on hand to talk about this year's roster, predictions on how well the Longhorns will do and how they stack up against the rest of the SEC!

$15 advance tickets through Aug. 14 or $20 at the door. Drinks and eats on your own. 
We go to this almost every year, it's a good time

This is that bikini coffee shop on 80/LVT, bet the 5 am employees/customers/clients are in great fucking shape. 

FeCCv4O.jpg

Want to join our team? We are looking for ONE more gal to join us for opening shifts during the week! Coffee experience is a plus but not required! Must be a quick learner, fast paced environment, know basic math and measurements, trustworthy, and reliable! Dm us! #bikinicoffee #fortworth 

The Original Mexican Eats Cafe, a 94-year-old haven of Tex-Mex history, has applied to build a small restaurant and drive-thru on its former parking lot in west Fort Worth.

The Original, one of Texas’ oldest Tex-Mex restaurants, is asking for permission to build a narrow, diner-like stand and driveway on a parking lot at 4735 Camp Bowie Blvd., five doors west of the location where it served tacos and chili-covered enchiladas for 93 years.

The restaurant moved to 1400 N. Main St. near the Stockyards in July 2023, but owner Robert Self kept the parking lots.

The Original had lost a years-long, bitter legal dispute that voided an old property lease.

The application proposes a drive-through along the east border of the property behind a restaurant facing west, toward a canopied and landscaped patio. 

Their prices better not suck. 

On 3/15/2024 at 1:41 AM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Son of the Ol’ South founder is opening this in that old Macaroni Grill. 

IMG-1095.png

Work is scheduled to begin April 8 and be complete by the middle of June.

I pass this coming home from work everyday, there are definitely people working inside but there is no way this is going to be ready in time for the start of football.