Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

You need to know more people. Cheese enchiladas are great and any Tex-Mex joint that can’t pull that off is in bad shape. It’s like a bbq joint with bad brisket.

Going to a Mexican restaurant and ordering cheese enchiladas of all the things available is an interesting decision that’s for certain. And when Zillatard throws his lot in with you, it means I’ve already won the debate.

Going to a Mexican restaurant and ordering cheese enchiladas of all the things available is an interesting decision that’s for certain. And when Zillatard throws his lot in with you, it means I’ve already won the debate.

Your opinion is at best case an unpopular one and worst case flat out wrong. I can’t even remember the last time I ordered cheese enchiladas but they are certainly good and very popular, not just with 5 year olds and grandmas. There is a thread a few posts down dedicated to cheese enchiladas with 1,379 posts and it’s been the subject of intense debate on these boards for 20+ years. If you don’t like them, fine, but it’s laughable to start throwing shade at someone for ordering something that is a staple in Tex-Mex restaurants, while you’re ordering a chili rellenos or whatever and thinking that makes you a sophisticated foodie. It’s Tex-Mex.
  • Like 1

Your opinion is at best case an unpopular one and worst case flat out wrong. I can’t even remember the last time I ordered cheese enchiladas but they are certainly good and very popular, not just with 5 year olds and grandmas. There is a thread a few posts down dedicated to cheese enchiladas with 1,379 posts and it’s been the subject of intense debate on these boards for 20+ years. If you don’t like them, fine, but it’s laughable to start throwing shade at someone for ordering something that is a staple in Tex-Mex restaurants, while you’re ordering a chili rellenos or whatever and thinking that makes you a sophisticated foodie. It’s Tex-Mex.

The original post was made in jest; to which the original poster quoted understood and responded as much. What I fail to understand is where you and zillatard fit in half cocked, but it’s not surprising. What is surprising is how you missed the previous posts about Mexican food a few weeks ago, but you threw your lot in with zillatardso I digress.

The original post was made in jest; to which the original poster quoted understood and responded as much. What I fail to understand is where you and zillatard fit in half cocked, but it’s not surprising. What is surprising is how you missed the previous posts about Mexican food a few weeks ago, but you threw your lot in with zillatardso I digress.

Anyone with the sense God gave a goat knows that the dish one judges a TexMex restaurant on is their cheese enchiladas. It is simple so execution is critical as any failure in any of the elements renders the dish a disappointing failure. Hence a failure as a restaurant.

It’s like steak frites in a French bistro or etoufee in a Cajun joint or over easy fried eggs in a diner. There are basic dishes that indicate the competence of a cook. Now go get your fuckin shine box.

Ribbee’s, a ribs-and-fries takeout or delivery stand near Interstate 35W at 923 E. Seminary Drive, has expanded its menu since it opened in March. Now, it serves barbecued or lemon-pepper-rub chicken, pulled-pork sliders and a Sunday special: beef ribs. 

spacer.png

Edited by shadow_operative2.0