Adding to the pit bull argument

Beau Vine

I won't shit on anyone considering muzzling these things. Corner of the bedroom is a weird place for a confederate flag though. Maybe nuns and baseball aren't enough for her sex partners.

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2024 at 10:11 PM, ImissWallyPryor said:

Very satisfying second video…

Man, there's nothing satisfying about any of those.  Just awful.  Awful for the people attacked... awful to see dog die.  Not saying they didn't need to do but still not pleasant.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, texasdago said:

Man, there's nothing satisfying about any of those.  Just awful.  Awful for the people attacked... awful to see dog die.  Not saying they didn't need to do but still not pleasant.

It’s like watching terrorists die. I don’t get anything out of those videos other that a sliver of satisfaction there is one fewer in the world. They all need to be terminated. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Especially fuck the people behind the campaign to convince dog mommies that they’re just misunderstood sweethearts. It used to be that living in a decent neighborhood meant you were pretty safe because normal people didn’t keep these things around and they’d be shunned by neighbors.  Gotdamn wine mommies are now bringing these creatures home from the rescue to the cul-de-sac.

There are plenty of educated people that own some form of pit, knowingly, and have convinced themselves their dog is fine. These people are morons. Also, I have never seen a pit in my neighborhood, and if I did, there’d be an outcry to the point where there’d be a town ordinance outlawing them (if there isn’t one already). 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

24 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

There are plenty of educated people that own some form of pit, knowingly, and have convinced themselves their dog is fine. These people are morons. Also, I have never seen a pit in my neighborhood, and if I did, there’d be an outcry to the point where there’d be a town ordinance outlawing them (if there isn’t one already). 

Read this insane story about Ira Glass of NPR and a pit bull that held him and his wife hostage and had to eat kangaroo meat. It’s a pathology.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160805130408/https://www.petful.com/pet-health/ira-glass-dog-piney/ 

• Rage+1 1

This is my second encounter with a pit mix lunging at my dog, I posted about the other one around Christmas.  I’ve seen the other one being walked with a muzzle on a couple times since (we avoid that street).  I’m glad the owner is doing it but I just don’t fucking get it.  I love dogs, before our little guy we’ve had a boxer and a Dalmatian so I even love big dogs. 

If I had an animal that required a muzzle for a walk, I’d no longer have the animal.  Period. 

• Hook 'Em 7

20 hours ago, mchookem said:

wtf is a 'working' pit bull? what kind of work do they do besides fight?

Some hog hunters use them as "Catch" dogs, which is exactly as brutal as it sounds. That's probably .01% of all pit/ pit mixes, though. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

21 hours ago, mchookem said:

wtf is a 'working' pit bull? what kind of work do they do besides fight?

That phrase plus the sketch “game dog” site registered in the Czech Republic means that they are doing exactly what they’re bred to do.  The ancestry info up top is also a give always. Those are being bred to fight. 

• Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Some hog hunters use them as "Catch" dogs, which is exactly as brutal as it sounds. That's probably .01% of all pit/ pit mixes, though. 

my dad's pit bull Maggie (which he still insists is a 'lovable sweetheart' despite my horror story earlier in this thread re: her biting a little dog's face off, but sure, at least she's never shown any human aggression 🙄) gets in tussles with hogs regularly and comes back with gashes and big wounds, covered in blood, etc...can only imagine what the hogs look like 😧 hogs actually killed one of his other other dogs, a younger one...ripped his gut right open, he made it home, crawled under the house and died. i can't imagine what those fights look/sound like, what a nightmare! he keeps thinking Maggie 'will learn not to mess with them'...uh, yeah no, seems more likely she'll end up ripped open too. sounds like an absolutely horrible way to engage those creatures! ugh. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 7/9/2024 at 4:59 PM, mchookem said:

my dad's pit bull Maggie (which he still insists is a 'lovable sweetheart' despite my horror story earlier in this thread re: her biting a little dog's face off, but sure, at least she's never shown any human aggression 🙄) gets in tussles with hogs regularly and comes back with gashes and big wounds, covered in blood, etc...can only imagine what the hogs look like 😧 hogs actually killed one of his other other dogs, a younger one...ripped his gut right open, he made it home, crawled under the house and died. i can't imagine what those fights look/sound like, what a nightmare! he keeps thinking Maggie 'will learn not to mess with them'...uh, yeah no, seems more likely she'll end up ripped open too. sounds like an absolutely horrible way to engage those creatures! ugh. 

Good christ

Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2024 at 7:36 PM, closetohumping said:

If a pit bull attacks a pit bull does that count as two pit bull attacks or should we just call it a chihuahua attack:

image.thumb.png.20bc014deb33d7ce0e3abff8efadb0a6.png

"working" american pit terriers, meaning bred for fighting. 

Edited by High Plains Drifter

I was behind a chef I assume at a fancy groomer/ dog bakery today. She argued with them for a half hour about why they wouldn’t take her pitbull. I dunno lady, maybe daily stories about pitbulls maiming/killing other dogs might have something to do with it.

My pups are getting big, but they couldn’t possibly defend themselves or evade an attack from a pitbull. I’m sure I’ll encounter one soon at the park. I live in Houston. I’ll be polite, but I’m picking my dogs up and getting the fuck out of there. 

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I was behind a chef I assume at a fancy groomer/ dog bakery today. She argued with them for a half hour about why they wouldn’t take her pitbull. I dunno lady, maybe daily stories about pitbulls maiming/killing other dogs might have something to do with it.

My pups are getting big, but they couldn’t possibly defend themselves or evade an attack from a pitbull. I’m sure I’ll encounter one soon at the park. I live in Houston. I’ll be polite, but I’m picking my dogs up and getting the fuck out of there. 

You can’t evade an attack either. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

You can’t evade an attack either. 

Fair enough. I’m more likely to survive + better insurance/doctors. I wish they wouldn’t go to parks, but every pit owner thinks it’s their dog is “one of the good ones” until they’re not. 

I worked for a vet for a couple summers. He refused to accept any of the fighting breeds. Constantly cursed chows. He was an aggy, but he loved animals and his heart was in it. Good man. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 7/13/2024 at 10:18 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Fair enough. I’m more likely to survive + better insurance/doctors. I wish they wouldn’t go to parks, but every pit owner thinks it’s their dog is “one of the good ones” until they’re not. 

I worked for a vet for a couple summers. He refused to accept any of the fighting breeds. Constantly cursed chows. He was an aggy, but he loved animals and his heart was in it. Good man. 

One of my best friends wife is a dog trainer.  Won’t accept pits

chows can be dangerous 

One of my best friends wife is a dog trainer.  Won’t accept pits

chows can be dangerous 

yep, echo what’s been said, chows can be huge pricks. Learned that early as a kid after seeing one of my parent’s friends get chomped in the leg by their chow.

4 hours ago, hpslugga said:

They score between 71-72% on the ATTS test. About the same as a chihuahua.

Chihuahuas are nasty little pieces of shit that only get by because they are small. A chow will fuck you up and not think twice about it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

On 7/16/2024 at 4:36 AM, Deej said:

Chihuahuas are nasty little pieces of shit that only get by because they are small. A chow will fuck you up and not think twice about it. 

Oh no doubt. I would never own a chow. In fact I’d never own a dog whose breed (with a sufficient sample size) scored below an 80%. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/3-year-minnesota-boy-attacked-pit-bulls-expected-112302644

A 3-year-old Minnesota boy attacked by pit bulls is not expected to survive

A 3-year-old Minnesota boy who was attacked by two pit bulls last week is not expected to survive

BROOKLYN PARK, Minn. -- A 3-year-old Minnesota boy who was attacked by two pit bulls last week is not expected to survive, his family said.

The parents of Covil Allen are preparing their son to be an organ donor, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported Friday. An online campaign is raising funds to help Covil's parents cope with expenses related to the July 19 attack in the backyard of a home.

A search warrant obtained by WCCO-TV said Covil's family was at a home in Brooklyn Park where dogs were being sold. Police said they believed that the child's parents were there to buy a dog.

When the dogs began to attack Covil, adults "started to defend the 3-year-old by using hammers and pick axes to get the dogs off,” according to the warrant.

Police officers arrived and saw the dogs attacking the child and shot both animals, police said. One dog was killed and the other was taken to a veterinary hospital and euthanized.

The fundraising posting said Covil's mother also was bitten, on the leg, and has had several surgeries.

Police said an investigation continues into the attack on Covil and another dog bite incident on Tuesday, when a 7-year-old girl was attacked by a loose dog. She was not badly hurt. Officers killed the dog when it then tried to attack a boy, police said.

Brooklyn Park police Inspector Elliot Faust said larger conversations are underway with city leaders and elected officials about dog attacks.

• Rage+1 1

So, they took their three year old to pick out a pit bull and now they want people to contribute to their GoFundMe to cover the cost of their brilliant idea? 

• Rage+1 2

11 minutes ago, Deej said:

So, they took their three year old to pick out a pit bull and now they want people to contribute to their GoFundMe to cover the cost of their brilliant idea? 

This is Surly

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2024 at 12:44 PM, Deej said:

Oh but didn't you know they akshually weren't pitbulls at all, they were "Bulldogs"? That is according to their Gofundme. 

FAFO - https://www.fox7austin.com/news/lockhart-pit-bulls-shooting-mini-horse

Lockhart family shoots neighbor's pit bulls after attack on livestock

By Meredith Aldis

Published  August 6, 2024 5:26pm CDT

CALDWELL COUNTY, Texas - A Lockhart family is speaking to FOX 7 Austin after shooting and killing three of their neighbors' dogs who they say attacked their animals.

The Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office responded to the deaths of several livestock that were attacked by a pack of dogs. 

On Friday, they attacked again, but they didn't get away.

The woman who owns the livestock said she had to take matters into her own hands to keep her animals safe.

"I'm trying to see through the window what is actually going on, I call 911 at the same time, and then I hear three blasts," livestock owner Michelle Gomez said.

Gomez said her husband shot the neighbor’s pit bulls early Friday morning.

"He's protecting me and my animals," Gomez said.

She said the dogs either climbed over her fence or dug under it and were attacking her pig.

"They were trying to get his ears, but he fought," Gomez said.

The pig survived. Three dogs are now dead.

"The cops have always given me and told me you have a right to shoot and kill the dogs," Gomez said. "I don't like to kill dogs. I mean I love animals. They should not have to die by a bullet."

Gomez said enough was enough.

"I think that she's going to be more careful about letting them loose or letting them loose at night, like the way she has been," Gomez said.

In the past two years, Gomez said her pig and donkey were attacked and her three chickens, foal, and a miniature horse were killed.

"I live in fear for my life," Gomez said.

Caldwell County records show from January 2022 to the end of July 2024, there have been more than 45 calls for service from these two neighboring properties for things like cruelty to animals, animal attacks, noise complaints, threats, neighbor disputes, stray dogs, and animals at large.

A miniature horse was viciously attacked by pit bulls in Lockhart

Records show the owner of the dogs has received two citations for nuisance animals. The Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office said she made the scheduled court dates and paid the fines to the court.

"A citation is not enough. To remedy this, they need to pick up the dogs," Gomez said.

The Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office originally told FOX 7 they couldn’t comment on this case because it was active. On Monday night, they made a statement and said they have, "followed the laws of the State of Texas and has pursued this matter to the fullest extent possible, as the situation stands today between the neighbors in this case, and will continue to follow state law in these kinds of situations to hopefully prevent more deaths of pets and livestock in our County."

Gomez said she plans to sue Caldwell County and her neighbor for all that she’s been through.

• Rage+1 1

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Constant said:

My daughter was attacked and bitten by a pit bull yesterday afternoon. Does anyone have a good personal injury attorney recommendation in DFW? Just want my bases covered here. 

That's terrible. I hope you get fully compensated and that she recovers

3 hours ago, Constant said:

My daughter was attacked and bitten by a pit bull yesterday afternoon. Does anyone have a good personal injury attorney recommendation in DFW? Just want my bases covered here. 

Damn, dude. Hope she's alright and recovers quickly.