Golden Hat

joeycovers

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

At about the 1 minute mark, right after Together! Together! Together!, the Longhorn flag suddenly ripping on to the horizon is a bad ass shot. 

It reminded me of Game of Thrones when they unfurl their banners right before a battle. Chills. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

• 1 year later...

Who brought the hat to the field after the game?  It was shown on the TV broadcast of him carrying the hat as the game was ending. Anyone know who that was?  I'm guessing a former player i didn't recognize. Thanks, and hook'em.

16 minutes ago, puppyfeet said:

Who brought the hat to the field after the game?  It was shown on the TV broadcast of him carrying the hat as the game was ending. Anyone know who that was?  I'm guessing a former player i didn't recognize. Thanks, and hook'em.

Michael Huff

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

So many of our guys are wearing the Golden Hat backward. The two dimples go in the front big guys.

Or is that the back? Anyone?

The 5 Best College Football Rivalries to Tailgate - Game Bibs, Inc.

So I went down a cowboy hat design rabbit hole a few weeks ago. I’m pretty sure the dimples are supposed to be in the front, however there was one view of the hat on the stand that raised a question about whether the dimples might actually go in the back. If they do, afaik there is no standard cowboy hat design with dimples in the back. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

So I went down a cowboy hat design rabbit hole a few weeks ago. I’m pretty sure the dimples are supposed to be in the front, however there was one view of the hat on the stand that raised a question about whether the dimples might actually go in the back. If they do, afaik there is no standard cowboy hat design with dimples in the back. 

I believe that originally, dimples formed from the act of donning and doffing the hat.  Over time, they were intentionally creased into the hat at sale.

So, yeah, in the front.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I believe that originally, dimples formed from the act of donning and doffing the hat.  Over time, they were intentionally creased into the hat at sale.

So, yeah, in the front.

Problem is, the buckle on the hatband should always be on the left side. Here, the dimples-in-front don't match the buckle-on-the-left convention. Probably originally designed by some okie dumbass. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Royale with cheese said:

Problem is, the buckle on the hatband should always be on the left side. Here, the dimples-in-front don't match the buckle-on-the-left convention. Probably originally designed by some okie dumbass. 

Yeah, another indicator, but as you observed easily altered in "sculptures" and sometimes in real life too.