Running Back Appreciation Thread

jw4381

Tre Watson and Keaontay Ingram are bad mother fuckers. 

Watching the USC and TCU games, it's eye opening to see their effect on the offense this year. 

I love that we have a couple of backs that know what the hell they're doing and make the offense so much better. 

It's finally fun again. 

7 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

So... what happened to Toniel Carter?

Can't hang on to the ball - so he isn't playing. 

FWK subtweeted him over the summer that he needs to stop bitching and start working harder.  He tweeted that if a freshman is taking your job - its not the coaches fault.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

That Ingram is averaging six yards per carry behind this line is a huge testament to his individual ability. He is already an impact player and has All American/high draft pick (for RB) potebtial. Watson isn't special like that but there's something to be said for a jack of all trades at that position. His game reminds me of Fozzy Whittaker.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

I said it after the Tulsa game, and I'll say it again: Ingram is the best RB we've had on campus since Jamaal.

I'd have loved to see D'Onta truckstick LBs and DBs with an even semi-functional OL so we could have a real competition, but yeah Ingram has potential.

55 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Tre Watson was a huge pick up.  He's not a burner and hasn't produced many highlight runs (only a 3.9 ypc through 6 games), but he's brought a lot of much-needed experience, confidence and leadership to the position. 

I am continually surprised that Tre always seems to get an extra yard or two on most of his runs.   He is very important to this team.