Wisconsin @ Michigan

Vic Mackey

Hornibrook is one of our better quarterbacks over the past ~15 yrs and I'd argue a top 30 QB in the country.  Wilson and Tolzien are the others I'd throw up for arguments.  Hornibrook can be hit and miss on deep balls, but he can zip mid range throws when needed.  I'm noticing his footwork is sloppy today, which is where some of the throwing criticism is coming from.

Traditionally, we'll have a great offensive line and a great RB to take pressure off the QB.  In addition, we'll have one good possession WR, an NFL caliber TE, a very serviceable backup for 2TE sets, and usually a FB or RB who can help out.

This year we have the OL and RB, but no real, established WR threat, two avg TEs, and no real receiving threats out of the backfield.  When the receivers can't get open or he's trying to come back from a deficit, he can force things... (throws a pick 6 as I'm typing this).  I think that's where most of Hornibrook's troubles are coming from.

19 minutes ago, BadgerHorn said:

Hornibrook is one of our better quarterbacks over the past ~15 yrs and I'd argue a top 30 QB in the country.  Wilson and Tolzien are the others I'd throw up for arguments.  Hornibrook can be hit and miss on deep balls, but he can zip mid range throws when needed.  I'm noticing his footwork is sloppy today, which is where some of the throwing criticism is coming from.

Traditionally, we'll have a great offensive line and a great RB to take pressure off the QB.  In addition, we'll have one good possession WR, an NFL caliber TE, a very serviceable backup for 2TE sets, and usually a FB or RB who can help out.

This year we have the OL and RB, but no real, established WR threat, two avg TEs, and no real receiving threats out of the backfield.  When the receivers can't get open or he's trying to come back from a deficit, he can force things... (throws a pick 6 as I'm typing this).  I think that's where most of Hornibrook's troubles are coming from.

Hornibrook hasn't faced the stiffest competition during his career. He's got a year of eligibility left. Is he playing in the NFL next year or spending another season in Madison? I'm guessing the latter.