2018-19 NBA Season Thread

BigOrange1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

What the fuck does "are still the Knicks" even mean? They haven't been relevant for about 2 decades. This isn't the 90s. KD is not going to NY, where their management and front office is a joke and they are the laughingstock of the NBA quite often. 

I think there is a good chance KD goes to join Lebron in LA. They could try and trade for Anthony Davis. Lebron didn't go to LA to be content with this roster. He will for this year but not going forward. And hell even with this roster, he can have the Lakers in the top half of the West at the end.

You better shut yo damn mouth. NYK all day. Errrday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UTDD said:

Sure I get that too but I still think is he more scared of the challenge than excited for it.  I guess we shall see.

Nah. His dick is swinging and he's the best player in the league right now. If he 3 peats after handing LeBron two embarrassing Ls in the Finals he won't be scared for shit. 

26 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The Knicks are sort of a shit show..... Zion, White Unicorn and KD would be a fun watch but far from close to actually being a contender.  They would need to sign another superstar IMO and if they could clear some space with the expirings of Courtney Lee and Lance Thomas then they may the ammo to do so.  Not sure who that may be though.  Obviously would need a guard.  They have some intriguing younger pieces but the East may finally be the West's equal or even better in the top 4 so the Knicks would have a ton of work ahead of them.

Can't see KD going to the Lakers.  If he's sensitive about his rep and cred in joining the Warriors, then he may cry every night if he signs up to be Lebron's #2.  Maybe the Clippers but doubt it.  New York will be in the conversation.  Not sure where else he would want to go..... Back to OKC!  I've seen the rumors.  They'd have to get rid of Adams and Westbrook may be breaking down though.

1. Durant on any team in the East is an automatic contender. He is that good. People don't understand it because he is overshadowed by the Warriors ridiculous roster. 

2. East is never going to be the West anytime soon. Raptors and Bucks are nice but they aren't teams with a realistic chance at a title right now imo. 

3. Agree with him not going to the Fakeshow. He and Bron respect each other too much. He isn't leaving the Warriors to join the Clippers - that would be fucking retarded. And he is definitely not going back to OKC lmao. 

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Curry was traded, I thought.

It was a trade, but I believe the Bulls traded him because they wouldn’t give him an extension due to his heart issue and the fact that no insurance company would underwrite the contract.  Same with Amare and his eye.  Knicks said fuck it, we’ll give him an extension.  But that was a long time ago and my memory may be a little hazy.

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

What the fuck does "are still the Knicks" even mean? They haven't been relevant for about 2 decades. This isn't the 90s. KD is not going to NY, where their management and front office is a joke and they are the laughingstock of the NBA quite often. 

I think there is a good chance KD goes to join Lebron in LA. They could try and trade for Anthony Davis. Lebron didn't go to LA to be content with this roster. He will for this year but not going forward. And hell even with this roster, he can have the Lakers in the top half of the West at the end.

The current Lakers + Durant are NBA champions, no need for trades, The only real worry is Tyson and Lebron losing a step. But as of right now that is all that it takes to almost guarantee a ship, who could stop them?

Durant signs early, and then re-sign everybody else who they have bird rights on.

2 minutes ago, linux said:

The current Lakers + Durant are NBA champions, no need for trades, The only real worry is Tyson and Lebron losing a step. But as of right now that is all that it takes to almost guarantee a ship, who could stop them?

Durant signs early, and then re-sign everybody else who they have bird rights on.

Huh?  Re-sign who?  

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Huh?  Re-sign who?  

The Lakers have a lot of one year contracts, maybe half the team, in order to make room for the second max contract (eg Durant, Kwahi). Once the target signs everybody else can be re-signed since we have bird rights, and can go over the cap.

Just now, linux said:

The Lakers have a lot of one year contracts, maybe half the team, in order to make room for the second max contract (eg Durant, Kwahi). Once the target signs everybody else can be re-signed since we have bird rights, and can go over the cap.

Who exactly do you think you have Bird rights on?  Do you understand how Bird rights work?

13 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

So some reporter claims that Durant likes NY and that proves what exactly? Your link takes me to some segment on that god awful Skip and Shannon show and that is the source. On some janky sports betting website. Solid. 

Some reporter? You mean the Senior NBA Insider at Yahoo? 

Also - people bet on these things. Also - metro.us is not a book - it is a site that advertises sports books and offers insight into betting odds.

I think Durant to the Knicks is a possibility, but I don't think anything is decided at this point like Lebron was during last season. The biggest + in the Knicks category to me is that despite how much they suck, they are constantly the top grossing team in revenue every year. Just look at how well they did in 2016 with a shittastic team, #1 in the league with 426m. Add KD and they instantly become the top selling jersey for a few years. There is a tremendous amount of money and endorsements on the table for any superstar willing to go deal with Dolan and the scrutiny of the NY media. If KD really wants to forge his own legacy, it's a solid pick to at least prove something, live somewhere awesome, and make a fuckton of money. He wouldn't be able to antagonize the warriors while in the East like he could do by going to the Lakers, but he could have quite a healthy future in NY. 

revenue-of-national-basketball-associati

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

If he goes to the Knicks, it'll be with Kyrie.  Them plus Porzingis are the favorite in the East at that point.

Downside to that is Durant is very sensitive and the NYC media is brutal. 

That was my original guess but Kyrie is staying. 

However - no telling if the Celtics might try and pull some wacky shit to get KD on the roster. He and Kyrie adore each other.

KD can go ahead and leave and put his work load on you. We'll see how that turns out. But hey you play great defense and get a ton of assists to 2 all time great shooters and a top SF of all time!!

I mean they did win before KD. They'd still be the favorites in the West without him. They wouldn't be as unstoppable though once the playoffs arrive. They couldn't just hit that switch as well as they can now.

I mean they did win before KD. They'd still be the favorites in the West without him. They wouldn't be as unstoppable though once the playoffs arrive. They couldn't just hit that switch as well as they can now.
I dont trust steph to stay healthy at all. His legs are made of glass...plus their bench isnt what it used to be pre KD.

49 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

KD can go ahead and leave and put his work load on you. We'll see how that turns out. But hey you play great defense and get a ton of assists to 2 all time great shooters and a top SF of all time!!

Literally no one has said that. Especially the small forward part.

38 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

They'd still be the favorites in the West without him.

They would have gotten bounced without Durant last year.

Not saying they wouldn't make the Finals but I don't think they'd be hands down favorites. I think they would seriously struggle against Denver without KD.

5 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Huh? I got roasted because i said dray is a system player this past summer.

You don't think there's a whole hell of a lot of real estate between "system player" and "one of the best forwards of all time"?

He's most likely going to be a hall-of-famer if he has a few more productive years, but that's not the same as saying all-time great.

35 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

You don't think there's a whole hell of a lot of real estate between "system player" and "one of the best forwards of all time"?

He's most likely going to be a hall-of-famer if he has a few more productive years, but that's not the same as saying all-time great.

KD is one of the best small forwards.