Nintendo Switch

Deej

11 hours ago, Js1 said:

In anticipation of Echoes of Wisdom, I have replayed Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Four Swords, A Link to the Past and now deciding between Ocarina of Time, Majora’s Mask or Skyward Sword.

Maybe Link’s Awakening but I’ve played that so many times 

I recently tried to play Skyward Sword HD on the switch using a pro controller. The HD release re-maps all the motion controls to buttons. You control the sword by flicking around the R stick.

I didn't think anything could ever be worse than the original sword motion controls, but they topped themselves. They are so random and frustrating that I gave up at the first boss.

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2024 at 7:34 PM, rage-a-holic said:

I recently tried to play Skyward Sword HD on the switch using a pro controller. The HD release re-maps all the motion controls to buttons. You control the sword by flicking around the R stick.

I didn't think anything could ever be worse than the original sword motion controls, but they topped themselves. They are so random and frustrating that I gave up at the first boss.

I actually enjoyed the remapped motion controls for the switch for Skyward Sword.  Once you get the hang of it, it's much easier; just don't take long breaks between sessions or you forget it all. 

I ended up playing A Link Between Worlds (on 3DS - my favorite game), Ocarina and Majora's Mask (on the Switch emulator).  Started Spirit Tracks on 3DS but forgot how much I fucking hate using the stylus to control Link and just let it go. 

Just got my shipping confirmation for Echoes of Wisdom.  Reviews look great! That art style they used for the Link's Awakening remake is my favorite.