Cleveland Browns Fire Hue Jackson

Vic Mackey

42 minutes ago, po elvis said:

lol Lincoln Riley. We don't know if he can even coach in college yet. One year riding Stoops coattails with a Heisman QB is not enough evidence.

LOL.  OU's offensive efficiency ranking per FPI this decade:

2010 - 17
2011 - 19
2012 - 9
2013 - 22
2014 - 11
HIRES LINCOLN RILEY
2015 - 12, while dramatically improving through the year (last 6 reg season games were all 50+ ppg, except 44 on road @ #6 Baylor, and 30 against ranked TCU, where Baker left in first half due to injury and OU had 23 at half).  Had 17 vs Clemson at half in playoffs, but shut out in second half, losing Mayfield, Perine, and Mixon to injury.
2016 - 1
2017 - 1
2018 - 2 (damn you Tua)

I mean, come on man. He's 18-3 and pretty clearly the best offensive mind in the game. The 3 losses OU scored 31, 48, and 45 FFS. 

Edited by TXSooner518

1 hour ago, Katfid54 said:

Others have already mentioned the time/grind of recruiting.

Here are some other factors:

• In the NFL, you have a lot more help with assistant coaches/analysts than you are allowed in college.
  • In the NFL, he has a lot more time with players (who are not going to school, etc.) to install his system and continue to develop his offensive scheme.
  • You don't have to be "perfect" in the NFL.  In College, you basically have to win all but 1 game in order to make the playoffs.  You only need to win 60+% of your games a year in the NFL.

Is there a limit other than your programs budget to the amount of analyst a college program to have?  I know the differences between the NFL and college, but they are just different grinds.  An individual may prefer one over the other, but being successful in either is always going to be a grind.  I disagree with anyone arguing one is more difficult over the other.

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

Is there a limit other than your programs budget to the amount of analyst a college program to have? 

There are (very recent) NCAA limits on the number of people you can have in a pressbox; the number of people you can have on headsets; the number of people you can have interacting with players; the number of people you can have at practice; etc.

6 minutes ago, bluto said:

Sure mentioned up thread but the annual and year round asswhip of recruiting would be enough to chase me out. 

Its one of the reasons Clint Hurtt decided to stay in the NFL after his show-cause was up in college.  He said that not having to be on the road all the time recruiting allowed him a lot more time at home and with his family.

8 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Haslem and his wife the Dragon Lady also need to go but good luck with that.

i was actually concerned the Dragon Lady was going to take Hues side in this.

That was another one of that commie Goodell's hand picked owners.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Those of you incredulous that Riley would bolt to the NFL seem to be forgetting that some guys just want to test themselves at that level and flaming out in the league while pocketing a shitload of money doesn't exactly kill your NCAA value.

Devil in Tuscaloosa should have told you.

You act like he's coaching at PissAnt State making mid 6 figures and the NFL would be some huge raise in salary. He's making $25mill over 5 years and that is without any experience before this as a head coach. OU will make sure he is compensated very generously for staying around, especially if he stays on the same track he is so far. How much would Cleveland be willing to pay him? I am pretty sure OU would match that and then some.