Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

40 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Those spiked collars were a legitimately cool and ownable visual touch that matched their mascot. Shame they've dropped them.

True, it was unique.

They could've salvaged it a little with comparable sleeve/pants striping. Move the TV numbers to the shoulders.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, cafe society said:

TCU and Oregon both suffer from the same mindset of the amateur chef who just keeps adding ingredients to the pot until it's a certified mess.  Both schools have sported some nice uniforms in the past, but no one in charge ever says, "Enough."

Everything about TCU seems like a fake school to me. From the logo, to the colors, and their mascot. Almost like a Build your School option in the NCAA video game. It’s a Christian school that loves the booger sugar. To me, SMU and TCU are the same bland thing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cafe society said:

TCU and Oregon both suffer from the same mindset of the amateur chef who just keeps adding ingredients to the pot until it's a certified mess.  Both schools have sported some nice uniforms in the past, but no one in charge ever says, "Enough."

Actually, TCU went with a much more minimalist style with this "upgrade". My guess is these collars were both difficult and expensive to print. I was never a fan of this look, but to each his own.

image.thumb.png.0e5de93f5e75848d47d0b8d1b0e88bf3.png

image.thumb.png.d08a84fcb58a339e4a5c5dd7457fb5f1.pngimage.thumb.png.70b172d492074c3e5d3f2fd23c23fb31.png

1 minute ago, Vertuzzi said:

Everything about TCU seems like a fake school to me. From the logo, to the colors, and their mascot. Almost like a Build your School option in the NCAA video game. It’s a Christian school that loves the booger sugar. To me, SMU and TCU are the same bland thing. 

Well, they're definitely fake Christians since they now insist on just being referred to as TCU.

Posted (edited)
On 6/18/2024 at 1:30 PM, DFW Horn said:

Interesting sublimated pattern on Pitt's new white pants. Must be an architectural feature on campus.

Pitt should just do this...

dan.jpeg

Edited by Asu2215
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 6/18/2024 at 1:30 PM, DFW Horn said:

Interesting sublimated pattern on Pitt's new white pants. Must be an architectural feature on campus.

It is from the Cathedral of Learning. The pattern is supposed to mimic the arches inside the commons area, same for the numbers font. 

It’s a truly spectacular building, my favorite in Pittsburgh.

IMG_0666.jpeg

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

It is from the Cathedral of Learning. The pattern is supposed to mimic the arches inside the commons area, same for the numbers font. 

It’s a truly spectacular building, my favorite in Pittsburgh.

IMG_0666.jpeg

The cathedral is great and unique, the actual campus chapel is stunning. Perfect French Gothic.

interior-of-the-historic-heinz-memorial-

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The cathedral is great and unique, the actual campus chapel is stunning. Perfect French Gothic.

interior-of-the-historic-heinz-memorial-

Correct, the Heinz Chapel. It is on the same grounds at the Cathedral of Learning. It’s an amazing building as well. Their doors actually line up perfectly on the eastern side of the Cathedral of Learning. I’ve been to many weddings, and even some funerals, in Heinz Chapel. We used to go there for Sunday mass.

13 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Building used to overlook Forbes Field, didn't it?  Always liked the photo of fans watching '60 WS from atop the Cathedral. 

Correct. Unfortunately the building that was put up in place of Forbes Field is one of the ugliest, brutalist buildings of all time, used to be called Forbes Quad. Just horrible. The Frick (named for Frick who worked for Mr. Carnegie and he was more responsible for the Homestead Riots than was Carnegie) Fine Arts Building is just behind the outfield wall where Mazeroski hit the homer to beat the Yankees in Game 7 that year.

I had a ton of classes in the Cathedral. The first three floors have classrooms that are called the Nationality Rooms. People from Pittsburgh who came from other countries got together and renovated rooms to reflect traditional school rooms from their native countries. Really an awesome thing. The Honors College is in the Cathedral, as well as a lot of department offices, i.e. English, Sign Language, German, etc.

Edited by PittsburghTiger

40 minutes ago, J-Mart said:

I see now that those are just eagle wings and not a big logo. So they’re just doing the Oregon wing look. Meh. 
(Forgive the self quote.)

I think doing wings or Michigan swirls or Rams horns is a lot more fun and usually better looking than just slapping a logo sticker on a helmet.

Texas is lucky in that our logo fits really well around modern helmet vents.

0ecdf5961d69dbe60f5f30401cb5e720

9 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Tech knocked it out of the park with these unis. Adidas is light years better than Nike. 

Nice, classic. Whoever their creative director for cfb is has finally started unfucking all of their "trendy" bullshit for the Miamis and Louisvilles of the world, too.

• Hook 'Em 2