Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, SurlyGator said:

Yeah, they aren't black.  The have done both black and "Smokey" grey.  The grey is better.

I'd have to see them in a different setting than what's pictured because those look black to me...

13 minutes ago, texifornia said:

That Florida-ish "aggressive" 90s font has never been my favorite, especially on a school like Rice, buth otherwise looks great.

* Demonized font, first used by DePaul

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, LTbear said:

Rice has a highly underrated helmet (the blue one anyways)

Yeah, after years of uninspiring Owl and R logos they finally got smart and copied their successful baseball team's logo.

Rice baseball kicks off 2024 season with annual Fan Fest | Rice News | News  and Media Relations | Rice University

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LTbear said:

If their name is the Bonnies, what is their logo supposed to be? A wolf? A husky? A coyote?

Thank you Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Bonaventure_Bonnies

The school's current mascot is the Bona Wolf, the third mascot in school history.[5] The wolf is a reference to the Wolf of Gubbio, a story from the life of St. Francis. The school's colors, brown and white, reflect the colors of Franciscan friar robes. The university is closely affiliated with this religious order.

From 1927 to 1992, St. Bonaventure's mascot was the Brown Indian. The school's athletics logo during this period featured a stylized letter "B" with a war bonnet hanging over the left side. As part of an ongoing debate over Native American mascots, however, this was changed to the Bona Fanatic. This new mascot was poorly received, so much so that costume wearers were assaulted by St. Bonaventure fans. After only a few years (1996–1998) in existence, the Fanatic was dropped in favor of the current Bona Wolf.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

This year, it seems the CFB uniform trends are old school, NFL-style stripes or minimalist.

The little walking Deac on the collar is a nice touch. These are much better than the new Purdue ones.

Edited by texifornia

2 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

I know MLB does this for merchandise sales, but I can't believe anyone would buy that shit.

I don't know how sales of ASG unis/merch trumps MLB uniforms w/ ASG patches on it.  I would much rather have an ASG version of my favorite player's jersey than an ASG jersey w/ his name/number on it.

9 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Scorebug pr0n. Not sure how I feel about the center placement, though the size is quality (pause).

I was just talking about this - the height and center alignment suggest it's optimized to look good on TikTok and other mobile applications, not TVs.

18 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Oregon breaking out the throwback, Gang Green unis with Donald on the sleeves. I'm surprised Disney never sued them for that usage. Oh, well.

Pretty sure Disney has an agreement with Oregon which allows it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

They should. As should the Eagles, Dolphins, Jags, Seahawks, Patriots, Buccaneers, Vikings, Saints, etc…

I'd love to know if these teams actually sold more jerseys with the "updates". Or was it just a one-year bump for those die-hard fans who had to have their team's latest?