Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Yeah, the one-off black & white uniforms add no value to the school's brand.

Do you see a lot of replica jerseys around Iowa in black & white? If not, I just don't see the point at all.

You see a ton at our games now.  The problem is that our players love them and we’ve won a bunch of big games in them, and now a large chunk of younger ISU fans associate it with success.

• Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Considering I have a degree from there I wish I cared more about the football team, but they've always been top notch uniwise.

image.png.2ca1b6fe7f2e21883b419e2a32e9be3b.png

I like these a lot more than their cheesy Dallas alternates, although those weren't bad either.

SMU Blue Dallas Jersey — UNISWAG

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Except the “yotes” on the front.

image.jpeg.1d97eb696f641c3e16fbc16f5a7fdc1d.jpeg 

Hah, I once worked for a founder who, of all the places in the world, went to USD. Incredibly smart dude who grew up on the Dakota prairie.

Anyway, this is what happens when you let settlers from Russia / Moldova / Poland / Germany get a hold of Spanish words.

This is the modern version. Pretty sharp and while they don’t wear them at home very often I don’t think they care about the “curse” anymore. I wish they’d use these pants with the white tops too instead of the greenish silver whatever.
image.jpeg.748b7ebf760f291debd7114152d4d99e.jpeg

Agree on all points. The seafoam pants don’t translate on hdtv and it’s time for a redo. They were charcoaly grey before they found the greenish thing. Maybe wearing the navies at home would get them over the hump.

I’d be interested to know Jersey sales splits between white and navy. I bet navy has the majority.

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

Hah, I once worked for a founder who, of all the places in the world, went to USD. Incredibly smart dude who grew up on the Dakota prairie.

Anyway, this is what happens when you let settlers from Russia / Moldova / Poland / Germany get a hold of Spanish words.

Al Neuharth?

1 hour ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

If anyone on this thread designs uniforms for Colorado based schools or professional teams, just a heads up that everyone knows you have mountains and not one person needs the height of a mile high mountain listed in feet on a uniform. 

CSUs state flag unis are pretty good.

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Yeah, no one in the Midwest pronounces “coyote” properly.  It’s always “Kiy-Oat”.

Always been, generally, a urban/ rural or nature sympathizer/ predator hater division as far as I can see. Those who like coyotes pronounce the "ee" on the end, those who are indifferent or don't like them say "-oat."

10 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Yeah, I've liking SMU's jerseys as of late. They're clean af. 

Fantastic uniforms with an even better color scheme. Royal blue, bright red, and white is about as good as it gets.

The design is what what pushes them over the edge, IMO. Their alternates, including the Dallas branding, as well as the throwbacks, are done very well.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

If anyone on this thread designs uniforms for Colorado based schools or professional teams, just a heads up that everyone knows you have mountains and not one person needs the height of a mile high mountain listed in feet on a uniform. 

Best uniforms in CO:

John_Matocha_IMGL6954.jpg&height=450&wid

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

Fantastic uniforms with an even better color scheme. Royal blue, bright red, and white is about as good as it gets.

The design is what what pushes them over the edge, IMO. Their alternates, including the Dallas branding, as well as the throwbacks, are done very well.

All of this 

On 8/30/2024 at 7:21 AM, Texzilla588 said:

Agree on all points. The seafoam pants don’t translate on hdtv and it’s time for a redo. They were charcoaly grey before they found the greenish thing. Maybe wearing the navies at home would get them over the hump.

I’d be interested to know Jersey sales splits between white and navy. I bet navy has the majority.

Good lordy, those numbers. Make it stop. Make it stop. 

28 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

Besides the gray pants, killing the Royal trim and going navy numbers and trim is much better.

And use this font on the navy jersey numbers.

Meh. I like the royal blue. It pops on TV, the navy doesn't. And the pants aren't nearly as green as that picture shows - they changed the color a few years back. 

0x0(1).thumb.jpg.7a4c3bc760e5caa111ecada3dabdb122.jpg

1458916959.thumb.jpg.5d3ea9b6ca3451e84ae29e207ad2eeff.jpg

Edited by LTbear
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1