Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Get used to what?

Generic, shitty, black & white uniforms? Or athletic departments selling out to the highest bidder?

I think he's referring to corporate logos all over the field.

34 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Nice, classic. Whoever their creative director for cfb is has finally started unfucking all of their "trendy" bullshit for the Miamis and Louisvilles of the world, too.

Look good to me too and am glad that many are going back to traditional looks. It's kind of odd to me that the do these big reveals to simply show "hey we look normal again, how about that?!?"

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Mittens said:

lolwut?  What bidding process do you think happened here?

adidas winning Tech's athletic apparel contract? That usually entails competition.

Although I think Under Armour was eager to get out of their contract in this particular case. Kinda like UCLA, only a much smaller deal.

4 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

adidas winning Tech's athletic apparel contract? That usually entails competition.

Although I think Under Armour was eager to get out of their contract in this particular case. Kinda like UCLA, only a much smaller deal.

The 2 bolded parts are in opposition. UA has no money to spend and Nike has no interest in adding a 7th team in Texas.  There was zero competition involved in Mahomes making sure his school was taken care of.

33 minutes ago, Mittens said:

The 2 bolded parts are in opposition. UA has no money to spend and Nike has no interest in adding a 7th team in Texas.  There was zero competition involved in Mahomes making sure his school was taken care of.

How do you know? Are you a Tech insider?

Maybe another smaller brand, like New Balance, made a run at them? Who knows?

7 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

These are good.  Tech doesn't need to get cute with their unis.  Black, red and white work. Don't fuck it up.

These are clean.

Love the simple shoulder stripes. I'm only a little surprised adidas doesn't insist on 3 stripes. Not a fan of the all-black, though, even though they've always worn it historically.

image.thumb.png.4a4ba21e7ced69aa6b616625a30f888f.png

Edited by DFW Horn