Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the modern version. Pretty sharp and while they don’t wear them at home very often I don’t think they care about the “curse” anymore. I wish they’d use these pants with the white tops too instead of the greenish silver whatever.

image.jpeg.748b7ebf760f291debd7114152d4d99e.jpeg

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2024 at 2:41 PM, DFW Horn said:

Photos: Broncos don Orange Crush throwback uniformsBuccaneers bring back historical 'Creamsicle' uniforms | wtsp.comPatriots to don red jerseys, 'Pat Patriot' helmets this Sunday

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

On 7/30/2024 at 10:28 PM, Steamboat1874 said:

The Tampa Bay cream cycle all whites were one of the greatest uniforms of all time…

image.png.e538c34a8b4e168f9dfef607190c18dd.png

I don't root for the Broncos. I hate the Patriots. I don't root for Tampa, although have a couple of friends who played for them.

BUT.

Those uniforms are awesome.

I liked the Tampa helmet. I had one of those Tampa Helmet Hats that used to be sold back in the early 80s. It was sweet.

That picture that Spider2YBanana put up of the Patriots, #32, shows a damned near a perfect uniform.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 8/1/2024 at 9:02 AM, Lidig8r said:

These were clean, clean, clean...

image.thumb.png.89173b2cd2590d0d5a63a778e9f4bac7.png

47 minutes ago, 'stache said:

This is the modern version. Pretty sharp and while they don’t wear them at home very often I don’t think they care about the “curse” anymore. I wish they’d use these pants with the white tops too instead of the greenish silver whatever.

image.jpeg.748b7ebf760f291debd7114152d4d99e.jpeg

I think the one with Too Tall is much better. 

Bad Bunny Sunglasses GIF by Corona USA

3 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

TIL Sark is a BYU alum.  I always thought Armenians were super Catholic.

The most controversial quarterback in BYU history is Jim McMahon, so why not talk to him about BYU's honor code. McMahon was not Mormon and was raised Roman Catholic, but still attended BYU  -- for the football only. He just like every other student had to abide to the honor code, and in a radio interview with Miami's WQAM, McMahon brought forward his thoughts on the Brandon Davies situation.

McMahon was never the model citizen BYU when comparing him to the honor code nor was he when with the Chicago Bears. Here are some of the excerpts from his interview:sports-2011-02-superbowl-bears-mcmahon_628.jpg

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

11k posts here and you haven't caught on to Sark's playing history vs aggy?

Nah.  Lots of non-sports stuff.  Don’t really go into the UT specific stuff.

Always enjoyable to watch Aggy getting roasted though.

53 minutes ago, 66BUFF said:

The most controversial quarterback in BYU history is Jim McMahon, so why not talk to him about BYU's honor code. McMahon was not Mormon and was raised Roman Catholic, but still attended BYU  -- for the football only. He just like every other student had to abide to the honor code, and in a radio interview with Miami's WQAM, McMahon brought forward his thoughts on the Brandon Davies situation.

McMahon was never the model citizen BYU when comparing him to the honor code nor was he when with the Chicago Bears. Here are some of the excerpts from his interview:sports-2011-02-superbowl-bears-mcmahon_628.jpg

One of my best friends is a Utahn Mormon and a huge BYU fan. The Pacific Islanders are technically Mormon but have never followed the Honor Code to the degree that would imply. The California high school kids don't give a shit, they just live off campus and make sure to keep the partying in their houses. Everyone knows it and it's fine.

18 hours ago, texifornia said:

Couldn't have said it better. Really overdesigned.

Agreed. I dislike this updated USD Coyote logo for the same reason I disliked Jacksonville's new Jaguar - too cartoony.

Both look like comic book characters - not logos.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yeah those are fine. I didn't realize OU has a ripoff Notre Dame "Play like a champion today" sign, but they are all about stealing stuff.

First half of their fight song is from Yale, last part is from North Carolina. Yeah, they are some unoriginal bastards. I like how they're removing SOONERS from the jersey and adding a big ass SEC logo. Basically looking like Alabama now, another rip off. It all sounds about right. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

That's pretty damn awesome. That uniform and helmet are fantastic. 

Like the concept but might look dumb irl during game play. Will be interested to see them in action.

• Like 1

The new Broncos uniforms are ass, but some of the Houston alternates are turrble. 

Virtually every logo redesign, or design done from the 90s on into the 2000s sucks. They are all clip-art style garbage. 

Tampa- Ass

Patriots- Ass

Broncos- Ass 

Panthers- Ass

Ravens- Ass

Titans- Ass

Falcons- Ass

Miami- Ass, why did they take off the helmet! 

Jags- Actually OK 

They even fucked up the Arizona Cardinal.  Small tweaks and a great look from 1970 on and then in the 2000s we get clip-art cartoon dog shit. 

image.jpeg.ffaad085b8a46087bc2d8b30116fbd9c.jpeg

Every single NFL helmet and logo from 1992 is better than what we have now with maybe the exception of the Chargers and Giants, except for the ones that didn’t change at all. 

image.thumb.png.02e4e93eb70b4dd6e6f2ee8e804315a0.png

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The new Broncos uniforms are ass, but some of the Houston alternates are turrble. 

Virtually every logo redesign, or design done from the 90s on into the 2000s sucks. They are all clip-art style garbage. 

Tampa- Ass

Patriots- Ass

Broncos- Ass 

Panthers- Ass

Ravens- Ass

Titans- Ass

Falcons- Ass

Jags- Actually OK 

They even fucked up the Arizona Cardinal.  Small tweaks and a great look from 1970 on and then in the 2000s we get clip-art cartoon dog shit. 

Every single NFL helmet and logo from 1992 is better than what we have now with maybe the exception of the Chargers and Giants, except for the ones that didn’t change at all. 

The NFL's graphic design department delivers the bland inoffensively "aggressive" corporate product that most NFL fans want.

It is a league that is by and large thinks personality and playfulness are weak and unserious.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Tampa- Ass

Patriots- Ass

Broncos- Ass 

Panthers- Ass

Ravens- Ass

Titans- Ass

Falcons- Ass

Jags- Actually OK 

Preach So Good GIF by Queen Nandi

Preach!

3 hours ago, LTbear said:

Nah, original jaguar was much better.

Should have been clear that’s the one I was talking about, the 1990s original.  One of the few 1990s-2000s designs or redesigns that are good.  The sleeve version is really nice and the original teal jerseys are great .

image.thumb.jpeg.5e15c36161398be463a8652ecbc8ab4e.jpeg

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Maybe the one good thing Jumbo did for aggy was getting their uniform situation corrected. The throwback-inspired jerseys with the glossy helmet is a great look for them, and few (only 1 I believe) alternates during his tenure was also cool to see.

Seems like he might have been the big driver for that, as immediately after he leaves they're back to the "swag" that the last coach pushed with a boring black uniform 🥱