Mack Brown Tarheel Football: The Orange Slice Boogaloo

Machinator

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Wow I had no some sick bastards decided to track college scorigami. The old 19th century scoring rules result in some bizarre scores like 2-1.

I bet Mack is the champ of the BIG number scorigamis.

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Wow I had no some sick bastards decided to track college scorigami. The old 19th century scoring rules result in some bizarre scores like 2-1.

I bet Mack is the champ of the BIG number scorigamis.

22 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

No playoffs for UNC. 

I expect that the postgame pc included Mack saying all their goals are still there-winning the ACC and making the playoffs.  Can’t let one game define your season, still 3-1, will get this fixed.  That was a really really good, really really experienced JMU team. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I expect that the postgame pc included Mack saying all their goals are still there-winning the ACC and making the playoffs.  Can’t let one game define your season, still 3-1, will get this fixed.  That was a really really good, really really experienced JMU team. 

image.jpeg.c3f2830f384fbc54c861a702e07ab0d4.jpeg

1 hour ago, TXpride said:

Given UNC's brand, recruiting geography, and how shitty the ACC is, a good coach should be able to regularly win 10+ games there.

I mean, look at this schedule:

IMG_1484.thumb.jpeg.49d5180f3d9f8a8228be506ce5d23dcd.jpeg

Mack has recruited fairly well, with halfway decent coaching this program could be winning 10 games a year in this crappy  league. 

3 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Mack has recruited fairly well, with halfway decent coaching this program could be winning 10 games a year in this crappy  league. 

IIRC mack brown DID win 10 games a year at UNC for many many years. Perhaps, just perhaps, being a septuagenarian coach isn't a perk?

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Mack's entire career is defined by leaving shit on the table. All that talent he's had the MF'er has coached in 35 seasons as HC and he has two -- TWO! -- conference championships to his credit. That is a staggering stat. Thanks to VY he fell ass backwards into a single national championship (and probably should've had another). 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Mack's entire career is defined by leaving shit on the table. All that talent he's had the MF'er has coached in 35 seasons as HC and he has two -- TWO! -- conference championships to his credit. That is a staggering stat. Thanks to VY he fell ass backwards into a single national championship (and probably should've had another). 

My brother and I were just talking about this, imagine how many conference championships sark or somebody equivalent would have had with the talent Mack recruited. It’s heartbreaking as a fan and embarrassing for the university. That opens up a chance at a bunch more national championship games over the years too, I’m not saying we win a bunch more but we should have absolutely played for more than two in that time. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

Bwhahahaha.

Ok, let me see if I can make some sense out of this.  Before moving up to to FBS in 2022, JMU was a FCS powerhouse.  But....

Bwhahahahahahahahaha.

Ok, but seriously.   JMU put 53 on the board before half.  So...

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

In conclusion, Mack Brown can suck it.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brodarious Hamm Sandwich said:

I heard this from two Carolina insiders, one I personally know who is well connected, so take that for what it’s worth on a message board (not much). But now I’m hearing Mack walked it back

Either way, an absolute shitshow in Chapel Hill

how the fuck do you walk back resigning in front of your locker room? lol

• Haha 2

how the fuck do you walk back resigning in front of your locker room? lol

https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina/article/mack-brown-locker-room-address-leaves-program-in-flux-236668870/

Mack Brown Takes Full Blame for UNC's Ugly Loss

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — An emotional coach Mack Brown told the North Carolina football team that he was walking away from the job after the Tar Heels' embarrassing 70-50 loss to James Madison on Saturday at Kenan Stadium, multiple sources close to the situation have told Inside Carolina. Hours later, another source close to the situation emphasized that the 73-year-old College Football Hall of Famer, who long has taken losses hard in their immediate aftermath, isn't resigning or quitting his coaching position.

"He will be in the office tomorrow and getting back to work," that source said Saturday night. "Going in and having a normal Sunday."

Additional sources close to the situation said that affecting locker room scene has put the program in a state of flux, though, as school administrators weigh their next step. UNC athletic director Bubba Cunningham didn't respond to a request for comment on Saturday night.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Brodarious Hamm Sandwich said:

https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina/article/mack-brown-locker-room-address-leaves-program-in-flux-236668870/

Mack Brown Takes Full Blame for UNC's Ugly Loss

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — An emotional coach Mack Brown told the North Carolina football team that he was walking away from the job after the Tar Heels' embarrassing 70-50 loss to James Madison on Saturday at Kenan Stadium, multiple sources close to the situation have told Inside Carolina. Hours later, another source close to the situation emphasized that the 73-year-old College Football Hall of Famer, who long has taken losses hard in their immediate aftermath, isn't resigning or quitting his coaching position.

"He will be in the office tomorrow and getting back to work," that source said Saturday night. "Going in and having a normal Sunday."

Additional sources close to the situation said that affecting locker room scene has put the program in a state of flux, though, as school administrators weigh their next step. UNC athletic director Bubba Cunningham didn't respond to a request for comment on Saturday night.

Oh I wasn't questioning you, just saying there's no way he'll ever honestly walk it back. All those players saw him quit on them, and they'll remember their bitch-ass coach turning yellow after an embarrassing loss. This is the kind of shit that will deject the team and cause them to spiral.

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Oh I wasn't questioning you, just saying there's no way he'll ever honestly walk it back. All those players saw him quit on them, and they'll remember their bitch-ass coach turning yellow after an embarrassing loss. This is the kind of shit that will deject the team and cause them to spiral.

Didn’t take it that way! Agree with you 100% How do you make a 70-50 loss at home to JMU even more of a disaster? Mack discovered a way
  • Hook 'Em 2