Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

It appears Russia are now struggling to even get to the 1st lines. This is the way it should be. 
It’s things like attacking the Russian rear, cutting off supply lines and destroying formations before they cross the border which will allow us to regain the initiative, largely caused by the Shell Hunger and our inept understanding that Russia has declared war on not just UKraine, but the entire West!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

From the comments in the Russian POW video:

I understand now. It only took me decades. The Russians, myself and others took away the wrong lessons from the Great Patriotic War. The importance of lend lease has been greatly underappreciated. I feel so stupid for this realization to take this long.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

17 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

I don’t think he will ever do that. That could cause him to lose his job. And in Russia, lose your job means falling out a window.

fify

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

22 minutes ago, immamac said:

It's a big bummer we didn't feel like this was appropriate and were afraid of "escalating" or whatever the reason was with Russia until now. 

The US is still wishy washy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cy770l9llnzo

US President Joe Biden has given Ukraine permission to use American-supplied weapons to strike targets in Russia, but only near the Kharkiv region, US officials say.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just infuriating that as soon as Ukraine gets permission to use American weapons in Russia, the tide turns.  They've had those Russian radar and weapons cache's targeted for a long time and only needed the go ahead to press the HIMARS button.

The kickass American F16's can't get there fast enough.  Find the holes in the defense radar, go in as far as you can.  And blow shit up.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Fucking Swiss. Meanwhile I am sure a few of their banks are figuring out ways to get around sanctions.

ZURICH, June 3 (Reuters) - Switzerland's upper house of parliament on Monday rejected a 5 billion Swiss franc ($5.58 billion) aid contribution for Ukraine contained in a broader financial package on the grounds that the plan breached borrowing restrictions in the neutral country.
With 28 against and 15 in favor, lawmakers voted down the 15 billion franc package, which also included 10.1 billion francs in additional funding for the country's armed forces.
  • Rage+1 5

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, immamac said:

So Ukraine gets the green light to be disciplined and only strike military targets to defend themselves and all of the sudden they are seeing a significant uptick in success and a significant downtick in Russian supplies making it to the front lines?

Weird. 

It's a big bummer we didn't feel like this was appropriate and were afraid of "escalating" or whatever the reason was with Russia until now. 

I've been talking with two conversational English Uke students every week for over a year. I find myself apologizing to them about our weak knees. As attributed to Churchill  "Americans will always do the right thing, only after they have tried everything else."

All they ever do is thank me. (the US)

Edited by Walser
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Fucking Swiss. Meanwhile I am sure a few of their banks are figuring out ways to get around sanctions.

ZURICH, June 3 (Reuters) - Switzerland's upper house of parliament on Monday rejected a 5 billion Swiss franc ($5.58 billion) aid contribution for Ukraine contained in a broader financial package on the grounds that the plan breached borrowing restrictions in the neutral country.
With 28 against and 15 in favor, lawmakers voted down the 15 billion franc package, which also included 10.1 billion francs in additional funding for the country's armed forces.

I presume they gotta simp for the oligarchs with money hidden in their banks?

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

https://x.com/JulianRoepcke/status/1797915578331808008?t=j43jTy5jM2VMR3nPLt2Qlg&s=19

This admin needs to decide which side of history they want to be on. History will already look disfavorably on their overriding fear of escalation that has been repeatedly proven unfounded. Continuing down this path will reward Russia with Ukrainian land. I hope they actually present a thorough plan for Ukraine as required by the last aid bill, and I hope it concludes with Ukrainian victory.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

https://x.com/JulianRoepcke/status/1797915578331808008?t=j43jTy5jM2VMR3nPLt2Qlg&s=19

This admin needs to decide which side of history they want to be on. History will already look disfavorably on their overriding fear of escalation that has been repeatedly proven unfounded. Continuing down this path will reward Russia with Ukrainian land. I hope they actually present a thorough plan for Ukraine as required by the last aid bill, and I hope it concludes with Ukrainian victory.

At this point the strategic ambiguity is an advantage for Ukraine. It sucks that our policy reversal took so long but now that it’s happening, it’s okay to milk it imo

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

It's interesting that Russia is still making advances despite getting so much shit blown up - Obviously, that will change when resupplying becomes problematic. But, it does show that Russia has a lot more infantry currently.

35 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
4 hours ago, KYHorn said:
Lol

They really sucked Nazi dong. They were all in.

Yup. If I recall correctly they even sent screening divisions to protect the Nazi's ongoing attempt to capture and hold  Stalingrad. They were worthless and the Nazi army (6th?) suffered a massive encirclement, defeat and capture. But that was mainly due to Hitler's intransigence on a tactical retreat.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Walser said:

Yup. If I recall correctly they even sent screening divisions to protect the Nazi's ongoing attempt to capture and hold  Stalingrad. They were worthless and the Nazi army (6th?) suffered a massive encirclement, defeat and capture. But that was mainly due to Hitler's intransigence on a tactical retreat.

yes, they held the flanks. Also Romanians. so the Russians punched them in the mouth and went right through and turned either north or south. Met up, 6th Army could not retreat so they all were fucked except for the few wounded who were evacuated and officers sent out to fill in with new units. So in effect, the old sixth army became the new sixth army.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, KYHorn said:

Release the kraken.

• Hook 'Em 2

The shit we have ready to send to the army/navy surplus store is better than anything Russia has. That's why I'm quite dubious about their claims of fucking up our himars GPS. I think that was disinformation campaign. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Bradley’s doing what they were designed to do.  Well, I don’t know if they were pictured as going up against enemy IFVs as if it was a tank-on-tank duel,  but they were designed for European battlefields. 

and to fuck up APC's. That bushmaster is a mean weapon. Good friend was a Bradley crewman for his 20 years. Says it was a very solid firing platform and made mince meat of the Iraqi Russian equipment. He wish the Serbs would have FAFO'd but they were usually drunk by noon.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

What will change with the arrival of the F-16 in Ukraine? This fighter made its first flight in 1974, entered service in 1978. It cannot be called the most modern fighter, but there are many modifications and it is very versatile, due to which it has
1/10
🧵by @iljaandreevImage
become the most widespread fighter of the 4th generation. Ukraine will not receive the latest modifications, but it will still be a big step forward compared to the Soviet Su and MiG fighters that they use. These fighters are inferior to Russian ones because they are not the
2/10Image
latest modifications of these models that the Russian Air Force has. In addition, by 2024, Ukraine will have only about 75 airworthy fighters left. The arrival of the F-16 will strengthen the Ukrainian Air Force, which it so needs now. It was precisely the advantage in the
3/10Image
air that largely allowed Russia to advance in Avdiivka and in the Kharkiv direction. But now the advance of the Russian army has been stopped. It lacks resources, and what it has, it uses in meat assaults. The main thing is that with the F-16, Ukrainian pilots will now be
4/10Image
able to use the capabilities of the modern missiles already delivered to the fullest. Such as HARM. These missiles were developed for use on modern platforms. The missile is guided to the enemy's radar signal, be it air defense or an aircraft with a radar. These missiles
5/10Image
were adapted to old Soviet aircraft, but their effectiveness was limited due to the lack of suitable radars on them and the impossibility of using all modes. Only the so-called "Pre-Briefed" mode is available. The missiles were programmed for the target in advance and
6/10Image
launched from a long distance, which gave the Russians time to turn off the radars if they noticed the missile. The F-16 will have the "Self-Protect" and "Target of Opportunity" modes available, for which they were developed. The F-16 will allow it to approach the target
7/10Image
at a closer distance without the risk of being shot down and to be guided to the target using the aircraft's radar, after which the launched missile is guided based on the data received from the aircraft, and even if the Russians turn off their radar, the missile will reach
8/10Image
the target. The F-16 is inferior in speed to the Su-35, but the Su is much larger in size and is clearly visible on the radar. The F-16 is not a super weapon, but Russia's fighters are not the most modern either.
9/10Image
Together with the Airborne Surveillance and Control aircraft (ASC 890), which Sweden will transfer to Ukraine, this will be a serious blow to the Russian air defense and air force.
10/10Image

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1798036184851190240.html

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2