Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Handcruser said:

So they bought them in 2013 for 20m euros then sold them to use more used for 110m euros?

We seem stupid.

It's part of the "we should run the military like a business."  The Dutch also sold off a ton of military equipment for cheap in the early 2000s to 2010s.

Edited by Schulz2.0
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

It's part of the "we should run the military like a business."  The Dutch also sold off a ton of military equipment for cheap in the early 2000s to 2010s.

Also, I'm always leery of the dollar figures tossed around in these articles. We could have given them $10M cash and $100M in discounts off future purchases and it gets reported at $110M. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Handcruser said:

So they bought them in 2013 for 20m euros then sold them to use more used for 110m euros?

We seem stupid.

Jordan is an important ally, I think we’re good with the deal

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

So through various personal issues at home, including multiple power outages, almost a month wihtout internet, etc, I have ignored this thread for awhile now. Finally caught up on the last 8 or so pages. 

Are things truly as optimistic as they seem the past few pages?

49 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So through various personal issues at home, including multiple power outages, almost a month wihtout internet, etc, I have ignored this thread for awhile now. Finally caught up on the last 8 or so pages. 

I wouldn't say optimistic- just less pessimistic than a month or so ago. The influx of weapons along with policy and rhetoric shifts have contributed significantly to this change.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Nah, Houston power will go out again soon and I am fearful that you are due for another month without internet. I would move your ass to Austin ASAP.

• Rage+1 1

We should build/repurpose some vessels into extremely fast mini carriers that can hold ungodly numbers of heavily armed drones, the carriers being capable of delivering massive swarms of long range armed drones to the interior when parked offshore, and to deal with the type of shit-tastic smaller naval vessels that countries like Russia employ.   These mini-Cs would be kryptonite to all troop transports, and seem like a lower cost way to utilize drone weaponry, an advance that is truly revolutionizing warfare on land and sea. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

-Matt

The Ukrainians have shown they can more than hold their own when we adequately supply them with weapons and ammo. They still have a manpower issue, but it looks like that may be address in the next few months. Letting Ukraine hit Russia in Russia has been a big development.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Wouldn’t it actually be the opposite of that?

Businesses that sell things for X then buy them back for 5X are usually not around very long.

51 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Nah, Houston power will go out again soon and I am fearful that you are due for another month without internet. I would move your ass to Austin ASAP.

I feel you wishing I go another month without internet is just wishcasting. 

I can't leave Houston until the kiddo finishes HS, and that's a long way off. So...a generator it is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

The Ukrainians have shown they can more than hold their own when we adequately supply them with weapons and ammo. They still have a manpower issue, but it looks like that may be address in the next few months. Letting Ukraine hit Russia in Russia has been a big development.

I'm so confused about why the post you quoted says "-Matt" when it doesn't say that in his original post.

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Almost everything is suddenly going Ukraines way. They’re still conceding tiny amounts of territory in the east, but Russia lost ~39k men in May, which is a new personal best for Putin. Russia has lost so many armored vehicles that we now see very few AVs at the front. It’s just motorcycles, Chinese golf carts, ATVs, and the Russian Loaf vans. Ukraine somehow still has a big FPV advantage and they’re maintaining something like an 8:1 K:D right now. They’re butt fucking Russian logistics in Russia in the north. This is great compared to 6 weeks ago. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

France has detained a Russian terrorist who planned to blow up a cargo with military aid to Ukraine amid the arrival of President Zelensky in the country.

The French PNAT anti-terrorism prosecutors office detained a Russian agent who intended to blow up military equipment intended for delivery to Ukraine. This was reported by Le Journal du Dimanche media.

The name of the detainee has not been given. According to Le Figaro, he is a 26-year-old man who was born in Donbas, held a pro-Russian position, and "fought for the Russian army for two years."

During the search in his room, materials for making explosive devices, small arms, several passports, and cell phones were found.

The suspect was detained "immediately" after he accidentally detonated acetone peroxide in a hotel room while attempting to build an improvised explosive device.

He was taken to hospital with burns and arrested on June 5 on charges of participation in a terrorist criminal association and possession of explosives.

📹 France 3 Normandie

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Should have invited that veteran to Kyiv.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

And truthfully, I never got over the Camry war.

Better than Operation Yarus. That was a nightmare.

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, KYHorn said:

France has detained a Russian terrorist who planned to blow up a cargo with military aid to Ukraine amid the arrival of President Zelensky in the country.

The French PNAT anti-terrorism prosecutors office detained a Russian agent who intended to blow up military equipment intended for delivery to Ukraine. This was reported by Le Journal du Dimanche media.

The name of the detainee has not been given. According to Le Figaro, he is a 26-year-old man who was born in Donbas, held a pro-Russian position, and "fought for the Russian army for two years."

During the search in his room, materials for making explosive devices, small arms, several passports, and cell phones were found.

The suspect was detained "immediately" after he accidentally detonated acetone peroxide in a hotel room while attempting to build an improvised explosive device.

He was taken to hospital with burns and arrested on June 5 on charges of participation in a terrorist criminal association and possession of explosives.

📹 France 3 Normandie

You know he's an actual agent based on the lack of Sims games found.

• Haha 5

In relation to the conversation about the current state of things, I haven't seen the energy issues discussed much here. Before the war, Ukraine was a top energy producer in Europe. Now, they have multiple blackouts a day 3-4 hours at a time. Businesses and services are essentially only able to function if they have a generator.  Russia has done significant damage to Ukraine's energy infrastructure over the last few months by taking advantage of Ukraine's air defense shortages and continues to do damage in this regard. This is a serious issue and will become all the more pressing as fine, and winter, drag on. I'm hoping some of these defense packages and the loans being given help them address both the defense and energy infrastructure issues but I worry the energy side in particular is not so simply solved.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

In relation to the conversation about the current state of things, I haven't seen the energy issues discussed much here. Before the war, Ukraine was a top energy producer in Europe. Now, they have multiple blackouts a day 3-4 hours at a time. Businesses and services are essentially only able to function if they have a generator.  Russia has done significant damage to Ukraine's energy infrastructure over the last few months by taking advantage of Ukraine's air defense shortages and continues to do damage in this regard. This is a serious issue and will become all the more pressing as fine, and winter, drag on. I'm hoping some of these defense packages and the loans being given help them address both the defense and energy infrastructure issues but I worry the energy side in particular is not so simply solved.

Peter Zeihan talked about this the other day. He said Russia had been hitting Ukrainian power plants with the shahed drones. Those would cause damage that could be repaired relatively quickly. Now they move to hitting them with 1500 kg glide bombs that destroy it completely.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Should have invited that veteran to Kyiv.

Better than Operation Yarus. That was a nightmare.

Oh, come on - there can be only one: Highlander.

Edited by Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/06/americas/cuba-russian-ships-submarine-visit-intl-latam/index.html

A group of Russian naval ships, including a nuclear-powered submarine, will visit Cuba next week as part of “historically friendly relations,” Cuba’s government said Thursday.

The Russian “frigate Gorshkov, the nuclear-powered submarine Kazan, the fleet oil tanker Pashin, and the rescue tug Nikolai Chiker” will visit the port of Havana between June 12 and 17, according to the Cuban Revolutionary Armed Forces in a statement published by the Foreign Ministry.

They are sending two warships (one a nuke), a fleet oil tanker for the non-nuke, and a rescue tug.

They have to send a rescue tug with their two warships for a simple port call.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

The latest visit appears to be the largest of its kind in years.

Happy Don Rickles GIF

Cuba’s announcement comes days after US President Joe Biden gave Ukraine permission to carry out limited strikes inside Russian territory with American munitions. In response, Russian President Vladimir Putin said Western countries “supplying weapons to a conflict zone is always a bad thing.”

Bad for Russia maybe

“In the end, if we see that these countries become involved in a war against us, what they are doing makes them directly involved in a war against the Russian Federation, we reserve the right to act the same way,” Putin said on Wednesday.

Sure Jan GIF

Putin added that as a response, “we will improve our air defense systems to destroy the missiles.” He also asked why Russia would “not have the right to supply our weapons of the same class to those regions of the world where there will be strikes on the sensitive facilities of those countries that are doing this against Russia?”

What weapons are you going to ship abroad Vlad?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Peter Zeihan talked about this the other day. He said Russia had been hitting Ukrainian power plants with the shahed drones. Those would cause damage that could be repaired relatively quickly. Now they move to hitting them with 1500 kg glide bombs that destroy it completely.

• Hook 'Em 1