Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

they have previously stuck them on a Boxer hulls.   

IMG_2849.jpeg.eb75b8ba384f5d35c62be7b6dc1c99e4.jpeg

I have no idea why they consider one hull/chassis a better choice for the turret then the other.  This vehicle has a specific mission in air defense and should not be engaging any other vehicles, so I assume cheaper and fast would be the optimal hull characteristics.  And I don’t see how a leopard 1 hull would add much to the stated mission. 

Edit: it just occurred to me they may have some leftover leopard one bodies laying around that they probably can’t sell to anyone, but they can marry them to sky ranger turrets and make a profit on the complete package - one that is a needed asset to knock down drones and low-flying fixed, wing or attack chopper targets. 

Tracked and better off-road?

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

Tracked and better off-road?

Tracked v. rubber tires. Seems like most of the drone videos show tracked targets over wheeled vehicles, except for the Ladas.

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

Next up: frat parties

That’s wild - dudes and their partners going to nightclubs are probably pretty heavy social media users, and Rostov-on-Don has over a million people, 90% Russian demographics-wise.  Those raids will get the attention of the younger folks in Moscow and St. Petersburg.  Also could mean they are running low on the potential pool of conscripts - must be about done with the prisons and minorities.

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Russians won’t do shit to try and help them.  They’ll list them as missing in action so they don’t have to pay the families the $250 for their version of life insurance.

I was wrong, apparently they are sending food, water, and ammo in by drones, although the logistics of supplying 400 surrounded Russians seems pretty impossible for them.

• Hook 'Em 4

35 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

So as much as the M2--a glorified personnel carrier--was criticized during its development and initial deployments, here it is (albeit updated and upgraded) making scrap out of Russia's second-newest tank more than 40 years later.

Conversely, are there videos of BMPs taking out M1s? Unlikely.

Holy shit, that video was awesome.  I did not know a Bradley chain cannon could take out a T-90.

Does anyone know the type of ammo it was using? Some type of tungsten AP round maybe?

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Holy shit, that video was awesome.  I did not know a Bradley chain cannon could take out a T-90.

Does anyone know the type of ammo it was using? Some type of tungsten AP round maybe?

russian tanks are designed to be tinder boxes 

What caliber is the gun on a Bradley?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRn0Ff51jCZkN1th3vNboS
M242 25 mm autocannon

The Bradley is equipped with the M242 25 mm autocannon as its main weapon. The M242 has a single barrel with an integrated dual-feed mechanism and remote feed selection.

What ammo does the M242 use?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThVpNRiZxM5OJTjMTB6jD
It has the capability to fire U.S. manufactured ammunition as well as the NATO equivalents thereof. Primarily though, it fires six types of rounds: the M791, M792, M793, M910, MK210, and M919.

M791 armor-piercing discarding sabot with tracer
The APDS-T penetrates lightly armored vehicles, self-propelled artillery, and aerial targets such as helicopters and various slow-moving, fixed-wing aircraft.
M792 high explosive incendiary with tracer and self destruct
The HEI-T can destroy unarmored vehicles and helicopters and suppress anti-tank missile positions and enemy squads out to a maximum effective range of 2,200 meters.
M793 target practice with tracer
The TP-T cartridge is a fixed-type, percussion-primed training round that matches the high explosive incendiary with tracer (HEI-T M792) round ballistically. The TP-T's tracer is visible out to 2,000 meters, however, the round has a maximum effective range (accuracy-limited) of 1,600 meters.
M910 target practice discarding sabot with tracer
The TPDS-T replicates the flight pattern of the M791 armor piercing discarding sabot with tracer (APDS-T) round. The TPDS-T allows units to realistically practice sabot engagements.
MK210 high explosive incendiary with tracer
Used by the U. S. Navy in their Mk38 naval weapon system.
M919 armor-piercing, fin-stabilized discarding sabot with tracer.
The APFSDS-T round penetrates lightly armored vehicles, self-propelled artillery, and aerial targets, which include helicopters and slow-moving fixed-wing aircraft. The dart is made of depleted uranium.
Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Parliament said:

So maybe Russian air defense has been degraded enough for Ukrainian fighter jets to operate?

Also, maybe some test runs before the F16s arrive.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

It is definitely hitting the tank. But I'm not convinced the tank was severely damaged in that video. 

Edited by Dahobbs

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

russian tanks are designed to be tinder boxes 

What caliber is the gun on a Bradley?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRn0Ff51jCZkN1th3vNboS
M242 25 mm autocannon

The Bradley is equipped with the M242 25 mm autocannon as its main weapon. The M242 has a single barrel with an integrated dual-feed mechanism and remote feed selection.

What ammo does the M242 use?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThVpNRiZxM5OJTjMTB6jD
It has the capability to fire U.S. manufactured ammunition as well as the NATO equivalents thereof. Primarily though, it fires six types of rounds: the M791, M792, M793, M910, MK210, and M919.

M791 armor-piercing discarding sabot with tracer
The APDS-T penetrates lightly armored vehicles, self-propelled artillery, and aerial targets such as helicopters and various slow-moving, fixed-wing aircraft.
M792 high explosive incendiary with tracer and self destruct
The HEI-T can destroy unarmored vehicles and helicopters and suppress anti-tank missile positions and enemy squads out to a maximum effective range of 2,200 meters.
M793 target practice with tracer
The TP-T cartridge is a fixed-type, percussion-primed training round that matches the high explosive incendiary with tracer (HEI-T M792) round ballistically. The TP-T's tracer is visible out to 2,000 meters, however, the round has a maximum effective range (accuracy-limited) of 1,600 meters.
M910 target practice discarding sabot with tracer
The TPDS-T replicates the flight pattern of the M791 armor piercing discarding sabot with tracer (APDS-T) round. The TPDS-T allows units to realistically practice sabot engagements.
MK210 high explosive incendiary with tracer
Used by the U. S. Navy in their Mk38 naval weapon system.
M919 armor-piercing, fin-stabilized discarding sabot with tracer.
The APFSDS-T round penetrates lightly armored vehicles, self-propelled artillery, and aerial targets, which include helicopters and slow-moving fixed-wing aircraft. The dart is made of depleted uranium.

This just underscores a philosophical difference, we understate our capabilities, and they overstate theirs.   

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

That was from January. 2 Bradleys tag teamed the T-90M.

https://youtu.be/yrrso5JDR5I?si=fqe_WJxdx1F4rdSV

Got it, but describing that video as the chain gun taking out a T-90M is misleading. If it hadn't been so isolated, it could have retreated. The chain gun isn't really capable of penetrating the armor of the vehicle. But given enough time, it can limit its mobility and ability to return to fire. You'd still need more firepower to actually destroy it. Here, you had multiple Bradleys and a FPV drone focused on taking it out. 

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

That’s wild - dudes and their partners going to nightclubs are probably pretty heavy social media users, and Rostov-on-Don has over a million people, 90% Russian demographics-wise.  Those raids will get the attention of the younger folks in Moscow and St. Petersburg.  Also could mean they are running low on the potential pool of conscripts - must be about done with the prisons and minorities.

I was wrong, apparently they are sending food, water, and ammo in by drones, although the logistics of supplying 400 surrounded Russians seems pretty impossible for them.

image.thumb.png.5d69b64f5c500a875c15c6c504647fa9.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatsinskaya_Airfield

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2024 at 6:19 AM, YGIFS said:

I did not have ‘Ukrainian Kamikaze Drones’ on my 2024 Bingo Card.   

Does the drone do a shot of sake before hitting the target or how does this work?  

Because it got worn out on your 2022 and 2023 bingo cards? 

• Haha 2

https://www.threads.net/@kyivindependent_official/post/C8UmpGNtcnK/?xmt=AQGzZj0Jk8SGxFniOCQagxSEFKbaI71SXz_5XNK-p-ZONw

️Azov reports advances in Serebryansky forest, releases video of 'nastiest weapon.'

Ukraine's Azov Brigade has pushed Russian troops from positions in the Serebryansky forest in Luhansk Oblast, advancing 1 kilometer, the unit reported on June 16.

In a comment to the Kyiv Independent on June 17, the brigade said further results of the operation, which began on April 21, could not be reported at this time to protect the "safety and success of operations."

https://www.threads.net/@ghostoflviv_/post/C8Utg-9pNaE/?xmt=AQGz3_EvPFRKn4HKcv4WWIaukl0nbFOwKGiKiIEHkNryxQ

In the Kharkiv region, heavy battles are currently underway in the village of Hlyboke, as well as the village of Lukiantsi. Ukrainian forces are on the counter attack to recapture lost positions from when the Russian offensive first started.

Glory to the defenders 🫡

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, elfenix said:

That was from January. 2 Bradleys tag teamed the T-90M.

https://youtu.be/yrrso5JDR5I?si=fqe_WJxdx1F4rdSV

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

This just underscores a philosophical difference, we understate our capabilities, and they overstate theirs.   

Yeah they were hammering away at the main hull/turret joint, which can jam it up.  They also probably blinded the driver, because it looked like they were smashing the area around his periscopes.  Maybe the commander as well.  Those periscopes probably can’t take that kind of sustained fire.  

2 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Screenshot_20240617_083350_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cd7e23ce730a38921ddc4e0015d6f5fb.jpg

Whats Up Lol GIF by Max

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Harrison Stafford said:

It’s like WWII with the Russkies throwing men and materiel at the front.

You cracked the code!  :)

Just keep reminding yourself Russia = Aggy.  No ability to self-assess and learn from their failures.  In fact, what we call a failure, they call a win.

• Hook 'Em 3

36 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Occasionally, I stick my nose in here as the info in this thread re: the Ukraine-Russia conflict is infinitely better than the info anywhere else on the planet.  Slava Ukraini

So occasionally means from the attempted attack on Kyiv?