Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

“We will examine the areas that will hurt Russia the most.”
I was pleased for about two seconds until I realized how this thing is escalating - in a way I hope does not reach some of the possible conclusions.

No one wants it to go there. Most of all the Little Kim and Putin. It would mean the end of both of them personally.
  • Hook 'Em 3

36 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

No one wants it to go there. Most of all the Little Kim and Putin. It would mean the end of both of them personally.

When Putin talks about a loss being the end of Russia, well he sees himself as Russia, so it would be the end of him and he knows it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

I was pleased for about two seconds until I realized how this thing is escalating - in a way I hope does not reach some of the possible conclusions.

Where did that “examine” quote even come from? It’s not in the AP News article. 

Since Russia won’t withdrawal, until they face political or economic collapse, the only alternative to slow and steady escalation is appeasement. Putin needs you to be afraid of what they might do. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

We have prosecuted this war as we have because of fear of escalation but what we have done is caused escalation. We provide the minimal acceptable weapons necessary for Ukraine to protect itself and Russia sees opportunity and then we provide Ukraine with just a little more to stop Russia and Russia then counters, etcetera.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bevo said:

We have prosecuted this war as we have because of fear of escalation but what we have done is caused escalation. We provide the minimal acceptable weapons necessary for Ukraine to protect itself and Russia sees opportunity and then we provide Ukraine with just a little more to stop Russia and Russia then counters, etcetera.

uh, so we should have just let Ukraine get fucked by Russia and then dealt with it later? 

1 hour ago, B00M said:

I believe he’s arguing we should have given Ukraine all they needed to win the war during the 2022 counter offensive. I’m not sure that was actually achievable politically or otherwise. 

I think that "that's the best we could do" is a cop out. And I know that the Ukranian offensive last year was not a figment of our imagination.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I knew SK made good kit, but I didn’t know they make so much of it.  Kinda glad they’re on our side.

The US has gotten some things wrong in history for sure.  But we’ve made some great friends of some great people.  South Korea.  Japan.  Canada.

I'd actually include Vietnam in that sentence as well.  They're as evenly postured towards us, or more, as they've ever been.   

• Hook 'Em 3

41 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I think that "that's the best we could do" is a cop out. And I know that the Ukranian offensive last year was not a figment of our imagination.

A cop out for who? Like it or not, congress is still involved in the funding process and it was largely divided on Ukraine until very recently … so I’m just wondering who you think should have done what differently.

And the ‘23 offensive went straight into the deepest teeth of Russia’s entrenched defense so unless we were going to provide air support, there was very little chance of a break through there. 

Edited by B00M
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I knew SK made good kit, but I didn’t know they make so much of it.  Kinda glad they’re on our side.

The US has gotten some things wrong in history for sure.  But we’ve made some great friends of some great people.  South Korea.  Japan.  Canada.

Toss Australia in the mix, and quite a few others.   

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, B00M said:

A cop out for who? Like it or not, congress is still involved in the funding process and it was largely divided on Ukraine until very recently … so I’m just wondering who you think should have done what differently.

And the ‘23 offensive went straight into the deepest teeth of Russia’s entrenched defense so unless we were going to provide air support, there was very little chance of a break through there. 

It wasn't divided through all of 22 and most of 23. The training, and timely provision of F16s, ATACMS, tanks, and air defense would've all been very helpful for the offensive, but instead every one of those followed the pattern of "no way"... 6 months... "we're considering it"... 3 months... "okay, with limitations"... 3 months... provisions finally arrive or training commences. 

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I think that's more the enemy of my enemy is my friend

I think it could be mostly genuine - I have relatives who went back in the 90s and early 2000s and they said they were greeted very warmly and it was not what they were expecting.

But yeah, China is going to make a lot of countries decide they want to get cozy with the US.

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I'd actually include Vietnam in that sentence as well.  They're as evenly postured towards us, or more, as they've ever been.   

Putin and Vietnam just signed an agreement.  Maybe they are hedging to appease both the West and Russia/China.  The article seems to indicate the content of the pact is more superficial.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://apnews.com/article/vietnam-russia-putin-visit-98891f7ec2565b79e4c255a7d7d2f6ed&ved=2ahUKEwipt_uyw-2GAxV3MDQIHdh0CpkQFnoECB4QAQ&usg=AOvVaw31AlboLs34spsNgECe_uRq

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

NO.  WE should have told Russia to fuck off and go home in 2014.  Ramped up the weapons even more than we did in '16, and told them to go fuck their own face in '22 and given Ukraine everything it needed to stop this shit dead in its tracks.  3 fucking pussies in a row didn't have the balls to tell Russia to fuck right off.  

In 2014 Europe had yet to grow a spine. They were perfectly happy to buy cheap Russian gas and sell overpriced flats in London and German luxury goods to rich Russians. Any sanctions we tried to implement would have been practically toothless without Europe's buy in, and that really continued up to the invasion in 2022. That was a big part of Putin's gamble...That Europe would care more about his cheap gas than some corrupt Eastern European backwater.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

In 2014 Europe had yet to grow a spine. They were perfectly happy to buy cheap Russian gas and sell overpriced flats in London and German luxury goods to rich Russians. Any sanctions we tried to implement would have been practically toothless without Europe's buy in, and that really continued up to the invasion in 2022. That was a big part of Putin's gamble...That Europe would care more about his cheap gas than some corrupt Eastern European backwater.

This is mainly true and why leadership is important. As Russia became more of a threat, Western Europe including Germany became increasingly involved. The Czech Republic, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, were always involved.

• Hook 'Em 4

https://www.threads.net/@kyivindependent_official/post/C8eCiSDovfZ/?xmt=AQGzzNPcVouedbhNVM7I5erJxnG_Hb49N9FGueaqfNvvLw

️ Japan sanctions China-based companies, other entities over support for Russia's aggression.

Japan on June 21 for the first time announced sanctions against China-based companies over their support for Russian aggression.

The new measures also targeted companies based in India, Kazakhstan, and Uzbekistan, as well as Russian entities and officials.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

That "The Military Show" YT channel is unreliable, imo. Want to believe what they report, but it's always so one-sided and positive that it comes off to me as wishcasting or propaganda. Just my $0.02.

Yeah it’s a lot of sunshine pumping and they tend to use he more optimistic numbers,but the naval one is a nice little polished video of everything Russia has lost in the Black Sea.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

https://www.threads.net/@nickmelnick.osint/post/C8huQVJIC9p/?xmt=AQGzVa2aXuluIF2WGM-PoHN1sDiLSsojSHuoe_s_LDBILQ

In the past two years, I've seen thousands of videos from the Ukraine-Russia war, but these footage are truly shocking.

A Ukrainian reconnaissance drone was monitoring a group of Russian occupiers when suddenly an FPV kamikaze drone struck one of them. The Russian soldier was injured and asked his comrade to finish him off. And without hesitation, he did.

This means he didn't even have hope that his comrades would provide him with first aid. Real cannon fodder with no moral principles.

https://www.threads.net/@nickmelnick.osint/post/C8hWDJtI8NT/?xmt=AQGzW4xHSEchCaNhr0fICbn25GlaVKCDRW21aV1HQJ18Bw

️The consequences of the strike on the air defense training center near the Russian airbase in Yeysk.

On that day, eyewitnesses captured a large number of Ukrainian attack drones on camera, but the scale of the destruction is more reminiscent of a cruise missile.

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 4

5 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

emoji15.pngIn the past two years, I've seen thousands of videos from the Ukraine-Russia war, but these footage are truly shocking.

I’ve started avoiding a lot of social media for the war because it seems like it’s getting worse (mostly Russian deaths), but yeah, that takes the cake.  That’s a guy who knew he was going to bleed out with no help from his comrades. He probably didn’t even have morphine, or a medic in that unit.

Thats just straight up giving up on life.  Americans would have dragged him to cover and done everything they could to make him comfortable and get him evacuated. The Russian soldiers really are just animals.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

https://www.threads.net/@ghostoflviv_/post/C8iPGMHyNvQ/?xmt=AQGzMFc4xB87vQLrVDDD21dXaY9VTCv75sqTyq2EqZceIQ

Rostov, Russia

Woahhhhh Blyat!

https://www.threads.net/@nickmelnick.osint/post/C8iElbVAqJq/?xmt=AQGz-GiF2puz55JotLnjfsPrrGwzcgUgrxLqZ4xy4UDjGg

Several air bombs destroyed the location of Russian military forces in the settlement of Dniprorudne in the Zaporizhzhia region.

Interestingly, the video is cut in such a way that no analysts can determine the type of munition used in the strike. Therefore, it can be assumed that this is a weapon that hasn't been used before.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1