Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

After the attack on the Okhmatdyt children's hospital, a Russian pilot contacted Ukrainian military intelligence and passed on data that helped identify 30 commanders of the Russian heavy bomber division, according to sources of @pravda_eng in Ukraine's Main Intelligence Directorate.

He wrote that he was shocked by the attack on the children's hospital, so he decided to hand over to the Ukrainian side documents related to the activities of his military unit, as well as private photos of the command staff of the 22nd Heavy Bombing Aviation Division.

The array of information includes documents from the personnel files of senior officers, personal data of Russian military personnel and their families, etc.

https://x.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1811477334496805358?t=GBI38PH3Lf0XPbx7O_GBjQ&s=19 

I hope our aid packages include about 30 new axes.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Have any of the aid packages have we sent any of the GBU series of bombs?  I read that the F16 platform can support GBU 31 and 38 in concert with JDAMS system.  These are in the same family as other bunker buster weapons, but I'm not entirely clear if they are exactly the same thing. 

My basic thought is to make underground unsafe for the Russians, bomb them out of the concrete holes, and then set them on fire with napalm.  (I know we haven't green-lit napalm).  I'm just hoping these are the sort of surprises they will get in the very near future.    

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Exactly.  Why are WE the ones worried about escalating?  We are the ones who could drop the hammer, and Putin has already shown himself to be a limp dick when it comes to his "red lines."  Fuck him up already.  Let's end this shit.  

I fear we have but a few months to be fully committed or risk a worse alternative.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

11 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Exactly.  Why are WE the ones worried about escalating?  We are the ones who could drop the hammer, and Putin has already shown himself to be a limp dick when it comes to his "red lines."  Fuck him up already.  Let's end this shit.  

Who are the chief advisors making these decisions?

3 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

spacer.png

Yes, but what if they get pulled away at the last minute to Los Pollos Hermanos-Kharkiv?  

Heard a great interview today with the British Member of the NATO Military Council while driving today.  I gotta find it.  Made me feel a bit better, maybe it was sunshine pumping for UDF...but very thorough.  I don't know how to post XMradio clips though. 

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

Thanks from those of us who don’t do X.

Great update. Re: Power Generation needs

image.thumb.png.e0932909d0b359d54c033e71e9c1ff9c.png

image.thumb.png.6864980aefdb607708a454fac7724ee4.png

Ukraine needs ~16 GW this winter and will be able to produce 12 GW. They need 4 GW of power, roughly 80% of the combined capacity of the 2 nuclear power plants in Texas.

How much power is 4 Gigawatts?

10 Million Photovoltaic (PV) Panels
1,240 Utility-Scale Wind Turbines
400 Million LED Bulbs
Roughly 5.2 Million Horses

8,000 Corvette Z06s

36,360 Nissan Leafs

1.6 Texas size Nuclear Power plants

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can someone post a link to those two Russian bloggers that were posted many times a year or so ago.   It was the saga of them trying to escape Russia, getting out and trying to survive as expats

I think one went to Georgia but I can’t remember.  

14 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Poland has said they'll help Ukraine by exporting excess power generation this winter.

Is there such a thing as a friction power generator?  Does Austin’s mom have a passport?

3 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Can someone post a link to those two Russian bloggers that were posted many times a year or so ago.   It was the saga of them trying to escape Russia, getting out and trying to survive as expats

I think one went to Georgia but I can’t remember. 

Roman went to Georgia and now is in Portugal.

Other dude.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

32% on a Lada car loan.  Sounds reasonable.  it would probably cost more if it still had airbags.

You would literally be better off paying with a credit card from here.  Although I bet whatever the Russian equivalent to a run of the mill Mastercard is charges near 85% APR, with a drunk guy named Slava that shows up at your dacha to kick your ass if don't pay weekly.

• Hook 'Em 1

So word is that the Ukrainian F16s have been spotted by Russians over Odessa, with the thought being that they are being flown out of Romania.  This is great news for the Southern front and makes sense because they are protected by being at a NATO airfield.  Not so great, I can't see how they could possibly be used in the Northern front like this.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

So word is that the Ukrainian F16s have been spotted by Russians over Odessa, with the thought being that they are being flown out of Romania.  This is great news for the Southern front and makes sense because they are protected by being at a NATO airfield.  Not so great, I can't see how they could possibly be used in the Northern front like this.  

F16s being used in the north is probably never going to make sense due to the expansive Russia border and layered AD on the Russian side of the border.  
That is what makes the Crimea such an appealing target environment. All the attack vectors come over water and there really isn’t a AD strategy that works to protect the major points of interest due to geography. In the north, the F16s would be flying into a U that has overlapping AD systems. In the Crimea, the geography is such that it is the complete opposite. You instead are dealing with an attack vector that you come in at a point and so there is a very limited amount of ADs.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, KYHorn said:

Russia has clearly improved training for its airborne units

“Ground control to Major Tomski…”

”…. later we’ll provide you protein pills so keep your plastic helmet on….”

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

In the north, the F16s would be flying into a U that has overlapping AD systems. In the Crimea, the geography is such that it is the complete opposite. You instead are dealing with an attack vector that you come in at a point and so there is a very limited amount of ADs.

As it seems like 70-80% of the radar and AD facilities taken out lately are either in or near Crimea, it does seem like they are softening the area up for some major sorties. 

I know I may be in the minority here, but I like the idea of large trenches filled to the brim with Russians saying “hi” to F-16s carrying napalm.   if you don’t wanna die a horrible death by fire then don’t go to Ukraine and kill and rape the locals and bomb children’s hospitals. Your choice.

I would limit napalm use to Ukrainian territory, with a clear message being if you go home, you’ll live, if you stay here, you’ll fry.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

As it seems like 70-80% of the radar and AD facilities taken out lately are either in or near Crimea, it does seem like they are softening the area up for some major sorties. 

I know I may be in the minority here, but I like the idea of large trenches filled to the brim with Russians saying “hi” to F-16s carrying napalm.   if you don’t wanna die a horrible death by fire then don’t go to Ukraine and kill and rape the locals and bomb children’s hospitals. Your choice.

I would limit napalm use to Ukrainian territory, with a clear message being if you go home, you’ll live, if you stay here, you’ll fry.

I don't think we still have any napalm ordinance. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1